Levi's Vintage Clothing

One thing I wanted to ask for a long time: Some of us even have 5 or more pairs of LVC or other raw denim in the wings. How do you store them? Just put them i the closet? Do you protect them from say moths?

I actually have most of my unworn jeans in kind of a bag that looks like this :

http://static12.moebel-profi.de/media/catalog/product/w/e/wenko-wenko-unterbettkommode--liberta-verschiedene-sets-m-wk-sbe-0453-1.jpg

It might be totally overdone.....i know. B

Moths only eat fibers produced by animals (mammals, birds, insects) not by plants.

I hang most of my jeans with a belt loop on a peg. For others that I don't wear much, I use hangers with clips.

I try to hang my raw denim from a belt loop or the cinch. If they sit folded up and left alone, I'm sure they'd be fine, but sometimes stored raw denim will show lines along the folds, maybe because they are moved around and rub on other things?

Photos of my LVCJP 1953s. The denim is much closer to the US made 47s than the 55s. The fit is somewhere in between. The denim has a distinct red cast. These are one of my favorite pairs.

I love the asymmetrical crossover on the double needle arcs and the stitchover at the concealed rivets.

2011-06-18013.jpg

2011-06-18020.jpg

2011-06-18015.jpg

2011-06-18017.jpg

2011-06-18019.jpg

2011-06-18016.jpg

2011-06-18021.jpg

Wow, great pair. Congratulations, I visit Sufu much too less last time.

There's a few new bits and pieces on Hanon Shop. The 1922 501 and a blanket lined Type II jacket. There's also another little price hike to £223 for the jeans and £311!! for the jacket.

http://www.hanon-shop.com/levi-vintage/

Ugh, the 507 is blanket lined. Hope they do an unlined version. Is it me, or does that jacket look really short? Like shorter than it's supposed to be?

Oh, and doesn't the denim used in the 1922 look a lot like what was used in the 1915s?

There's a few new bits and pieces on Hanon Shop. The 1922 501 and a blanket lined Type II jacket. There's also another little price hike to £223 for the jeans and £311!! for the jacket.

http://www.hanon-shop.com/levi-vintage/

Thanks for posting that.

Those 1922 look tempting, always wanted that particular year. Would like to take a closer look.

Are these part of the forthcoming 2011 A/W collection do you know?

I try to hang my raw denim from a belt loop or the cinch. If they sit folded up and left alone, I'm sure they'd be fine, but sometimes stored raw denim will show lines along the folds, maybe because they are moved around and rub on other things?

i fold mine and put them in my dresser drawer:confused:

The 1922 are. As posted before, the 1915 is being discontinued, the '22 is their replacement.

Only ever seen the Lvc jp 1922 501xx, which sold out quickly on the Rakuten site and were never offered outside Japan.

Shame about the 1915, will that make a comeback again one day do you think?

I'm not certain how different the '22 and the old 27 are... maybe the 27 is heavier.

With the 1915, I dunno, as mentioned previously the 37 is gone too, probably in a reversion to the old tactic of not having every historic model available simultaneously. Altho, in those days, specific models would return every year or two.

I'm not certain how different the '22 and the old 27 are... maybe the 27 is heavier.

With the 1915, I dunno, as mentioned previously the 37 is gone too, probably in a reversion to the old tactic of not having every historic model available simultaneously. Altho, in those days, specific models would return every year or two.

There's a noticable difference at first glance, of the details at least. Hanons pics dont show a close up of the front and back top-blocks which is a shame. First impressions are good though.

Yeah, I would guess they would stick to the historical weights and go for the 9oz.

Those new prices are outrageous really, especially for the '53 type II 517xx jacket. Mind you, I sold my '29 555 201's the other week for near on £300.

Just so hard to justify another pair at the moment.

those t-shirts on Hanon aren't even tubular construction!!! They look like AA shirts!!!

Yeah, last years T-shirts, henleys and sweatshirts were also cheap looking for the price. A step down in quality from previous seasons, IMO.

you can't tell. THe previous 1922 was different... I haven't heard on the record if it's the same, I hope so, as the previous 1915 denim was far more interesting, the 22 was a bit... bland.

Fingers crossed then that the new 1922 uses the same denim at the 1915. The lack of belt loops kept me from giving the 1915 any serious thought.

Paul the 27s had white stitching and funny back pockets. Didn't know LVC was making a 1922. Interesting.

Fingers crossed then that the new 1922 uses the same denim at the 1915. The lack of belt loops kept me from giving the 1915 any serious thought.

the fabric definitely looks really familiar and I think the 1922 looks really nice.

but...$347USD for the new 1922 - I hope thats just hanon's prices and not a indicator of what is to come.

that blanket lined type 2 is priced out of this world. almost $500USD. wtf??

I'm still holding out hope for a regular denim type 2 though. that doesn't cost 500 bones.

I don't normally have anything LVC, but I did manage to get my hands on a 55 and a 47. The 47 is made with a bit more attention to detail. The denim is nicer as well. Both were hot soaked once. Both waists now measure around 36". Both are made in the USA. Paul, maybe you can figure out the years of manufacture based on the numbers on the back of the button.

Some pics:

LVC50155471.jpg

LVC50155472.jpg

LVC50155473.jpg

LVC50155474.jpg

LVC50155475.jpg

LVC50155476.jpg

LVC50155477.jpg

LVC50155478.jpg

LVC50155479.jpg

Devilish is right.

The 555 pair, the 1955 replicas, indeed have some errors - for instance, the yoke is not symmetrical. But they have an authentic look about them, becuase lots of originals display similar glitches. .

Although I don't subscribe to the 555 hype, I love my pair... the fabric on these varies really widely, but yours are probably circa 99, when the denim was very black and hairy. (Hairy is not necessarily a good thing, but it's not that common on LVC).

4170 indeed means they were made by Caitac, probabyl 2009. It will say on the tag. Denim on those looks great, and your photos do a good job of showing the difference between the two.

the fabric definitely looks really familiar and I think the 1922 looks really nice.

but...$347USD for the new 1922 - I hope thats just hanon's prices and not a indicator of what is to come.

that blanket lined type 2 is priced out of this world. almost $500USD. wtf??

I'm still holding out hope for a regular denim type 2 though. that doesn't cost 500 bones.

I'm sure the prices from Cultizm or stores in the US will be pretty much inline with the pricing of the past 12 months. If they do jump to over $300 US, my money will be spent on Warehouse.

I think you are right about the 47's. The inside numbers say CA00xxx, which I figure means California. I really prefer the 47 to the 55. Interesting that I got my hands on a Valencia St 501. A piece of history.

Very interesting coleslaw...Have you gotten your hands on a newer pair of '55's? Having finally felt and tried them on first hand, they are definitely my #1 pair to buy for LVC in the future...The 555's seem to be very different (not a bad thing) from the post-Valencia pairs.

The 1922 501 on Hanon Shop only has a 4 button fly, not 5 button. And the selvedge does not have a redline present. These should have a redline being after 1915. They used Cone exclusively after 1915, so these don't seem accurate to me.

Or am I wrong?

I believe 1915 is when they started using Cone denim. Cone became their exclusive supplier sometime in the early to mid 20s. And according to the advertising on the LVC 1927 501 from a couple years ago, 1927 is the year the redline was added.

I picked up a pair of 555 1944s yesterday for an absurdly low price. They're from 99 and the difference in the denim (compared to 44s I tried on recently) was astounding. They're a size 30, which is around my true waist and I really dig the fit. I'll try to post up some pics tomorrow.

They've definitely been washed once, but almost completely un-faded. Iis there a difference in weight compared to a 2007 47? They seem a bit heavier than i remember. And the denim feels much better than the 551z from Japan I got a few months ago.

Gotta love US LVC.