Levi's Vintage Clothing

^they look like the 'oldest oldest' pair (c.2012?) - another early reincarnation of one of their many 1800's models (knappave, nevada ect..)

Don't think the denim is natural, afaik they only used that on 2 models which they heavily advertised as such (1999 and 2005). That denim looks synthetic to me. Denim would have come from Japan, as did most for the pre war repro models from lvc. Not sure of the actual mill.

I have to disagree the doctor a little, your pair is certainly the last reincarnation of the 1880s made for fall/winter 2017 (CW-1017), the natural indigo loom state denim was the last big project of Cone Mills back in the days. I bought it myself, but hence the fitting - this was the time when LVC decided to come true to size - it rests unworn in closet.

https://www.levistrauss.com/2017/09/22/eureka-levis-vintage-clothing-fall-collection-goes-old-west/

Edited by Sympathy-For-The-Denim

@hazelthese are legit and from what the wash tag reads made in march 2007, be happy to find an US Made 505 that also features the imo cool scoovil zipper,

later reincarnation had been produce in turkey years before LVC quit the US production of the hole line.

Edited by Sympathy-For-The-Denim

52 minutes ago, Sympathy-For-The-Denim said:

@hazelthese are legit and from what the wash tag reads made in march 2007, be happy to find an US Made 505 that also features the imo cool scoovil zipper,

later reincarnation had been produce in turkey years before LVC quit the US production of the hole line.

Excellent, many thanks! They are a bit small, but maybe I can stretch them out  enough...

6 hours ago, Sympathy-For-The-Denim said:

I have to disagree the doctor a little, your pair is certainly the last reincarnation of the 1880s made for fall/winter 2017 (CW-1017), the natural indigo loom state denim was the last big project of Cone Mills back in the days. I bought it myself, but hence the fitting - this was the time when LVC decided to come true to size - it rests unworn in closet.

https://www.levistrauss.com/2017/09/22/eureka-levis-vintage-clothing-fall-collection-goes-old-west/

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 7:45 AM, Sympathy-For-The-Denim said:

I agree totally about the Scovill Zipper. It was what I had on my first pair of 501ZXXs or 502ZXXs.

Hi! 
another size advice question.

I bought a pair of 1947 shrink to fit 475010200. 
Before any wash they sit tight in the waist and kinda what I want. 

What can I expect in shrinkage after a wash and how much will the stretch after some wear?

I have read a lot in this thread already. But I’m asking because I tend to always buy to big jeans. They sit good in the waist after the wash but after a while they always stretches to much according to me. 

So if I keep this size do you think they will be good after a wash and some usage so they will stretch?

Don’t want to buy a to big pair of jeans again 

Thanks!

Which model @JMS - that might be a factor and help folk to chip in with their opinion. I have a pair of 555 ‘44s from 1999 in size 33. I think they measure about 32” out of the wash (second overall), waistband aligned and pulled taut but will definitely stretch if required (or even if not!) once I finally get around to wearing them.

That link’s not working for me, however, if the tag is leather-like, I assume they’re probably ‘55s. I think the ‘66s just have 501 on the patch rather than 501XX.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

On 8/3/2021 at 7:30 PM, Rehnen1 said:

Hi! 
another size advice question.

I bought a pair of 1947 shrink to fit 475010200. 
Before any wash they sit tight in the waist and kinda what I want. 

What can I expect in shrinkage after a wash and how much will the stretch after some wear?

I have read a lot in this thread already. But I’m asking because I tend to always buy to big jeans. They sit good in the waist after the wash but after a while they always stretches to much according to me. 

So if I keep this size do you think they will be good after a wash and some usage so they will stretch?

Don’t want to buy a to big pair of jeans again 

Thanks!

I always buy mine tight at the waist and let it stretch out. On the 1947s you need to check that the thighs are not too tight. 

@Dry do you use and stretch them before initial wash to? 

Like I said mine fits tight in the waist but not that tight in thighs. 
The size I bought are W30 L34 and they feels good. I don’t mind if they shrink some more in the thighs but there’s only a little room left in the waist.

I think I will try a W31 L34 to just see how they fit.

6CD78EF6-E440-413E-AD1A-65224ED9C9AB.jpeg

B7D38F3F-0A4D-42F7-87AF-B9E42896239F.jpeg

Edited by Rehnen1

Hi @Rehnen1

Those look like a great post-soak fit. I expect they’ll stretch out to their original waist early on, especially if you cold wash only and perhaps wear as they dry. But I think once they’ve fully shrunk (i.e. 6-10 washes later) they will be pretty uncomfortable. If the retailer can exchange for a 31 I think you’d be golden. 

Good luck whichever way you go!

55 minutes ago, unders said:

Hi @Rehnen1

Those look like a great post-soak fit. I expect they’ll stretch out to their original waist early on, especially if you cold wash only and perhaps wear as they dry. But I think once they’ve fully shrunk (i.e. 6-10 washes later) they will be pretty uncomfortable. If the retailer can exchange for a 31 I think you’d be golden. 

Good luck whichever way you go!

Haha this is always a hard choice for me when it’s comes to choose size. Don’t want them to stretch out and be too big like some of my other jeans. 
But it’s of course better that they are a little to big than to small and unwearable.

Maybe I go with the W31....

Thanks @unders  for the reply.

3 hours ago, andyrcii said:

@Rehnen1, if you want your legs to look like matchsticks, stick with what you have got. if you like the way they fit now before soaking, you will NOT like them when they shrink. the 1947's don't mess about! they turn into skinny jeans if you don't size up enough.

I did size up to W31. 
I’m waiting for them to dry after a soak. And then I will see how they fit. Cross my fingers. 

On 8/5/2021 at 8:47 AM, Rehnen1 said:

@Dry do you use and stretch them before initial wash to? 

Like I said mine fits tight in the waist but not that tight in thighs. 
The size I bought are W30 L34 and they feels good. I don’t mind if they shrink some more in the thighs but there’s only a little room left in the waist.

I think I will try a W31 L34 to just see how they fit.

6CD78EF6-E440-413E-AD1A-65224ED9C9AB.jpeg

B7D38F3F-0A4D-42F7-87AF-B9E42896239F.jpeg

@Rehnen1  Sorry for the late reply. 

If they are tight at the waist I just wear them for a couple of months before washing.

If they are tight after washing I just pull them in and out (like you are clapping your hands) to loosen them up.

As long as there is plenty of length for length shrinkage and enough room in the thigh to pinch the denim between your fingers and thumb, they will be fine.

You have more than enough room in the thigh (more than I would have) so they might  not shrink enough for you and then end up too loose.

As long as you can do up the waist and fly buttons when they are raw (even if it is a struggle), they won't be too tight.

Ultimately fit is personal choice. 

Edited by Dry
Typo

35 minutes ago, Dry said:

@Rehnen1  Sorry for the late reply. 

If they are tight at the waist I just wear them for a couple of months before washing.

If they are tight after washing I just pull them in and out (like you are clapping your hands) to loosen them up.

As long as there is plenty of length for length shrinkage and enough room in the thigh to pinch the denim between your fingers and thumb, they will be fine.

You have more than enough room in the thigh (more than I would have) so they might  not shrink enough for you and then end up too loose.

As long as you can do up the waist and fly buttons when they are raw (even if it is a struggle), they won't be too tight.

Ultimately fit is personal choice. 

@Dry No worries. Thanks!
Like you said it’s a personal choice and it depends on what look you want. 

I will try em on tomorrow and see how much shrinkage the first warm soak gave them.