Levi's Vintage Clothing

I saw those boots at the Post Street HQ store in SF...awesome.

Don't know if this is the right thread to post this but I picked up a pair of Levis x Al's Attire North of Cordovan boots from the Levis Malibu shop.

They're a limited run that Levis commissioned Al to produce for the LVC Made In America line. Here's a link. Hope to post pix soon. Nautral finish as opposed to the Dark Cordovan on this link. $ 450. http://explore.levi.com/news/made-here-1/als-attire-boots-and-caps/

I saw those boots at the Post Street HQ store in SF...awesome.

They put the RRL Bowery boot away and are a great alternative to Alden and Wolverine's. NOS Cats Paw heels, full leather soles, amazing construction, a custom made denim bag, cheezy ass laces and they are comfortable (but will take at least a month to break in!)

^^^

Wow, all of the 'Made Here' stuff is great, especially the blanket lined truckers.

The trucker is especially nice. Great wash w/ heavy duty denim. Fits slim however.

They've also done Made Here x Made & Crafted jeans that were pretty cool. Looked alot like blue on black RRL slim fits.

i have a pair, great heavy/dense denim on those. whatever they shrink in the waist they'll stretch back out. they lose the same in length as any other stf. they are cut a little small through the hips and a lot of people go up a size. i bought my nornal stf size and they were snug in the hips, so i wore them in the tub. they stretched out in the right places and now give an excellent fit. for care i cold wash/line dry and they continue to fit right.

I'm trying to pawn some 555 201s off on CrashTestBrummie- anyone care to voice their opinions on said- especially regarding shrinkage?

Where is electrum when you need him?

I have a pair of 555 201s and they are very nice indeed. Not much shrinkage that i remember. Awesome denim.

Thanks for the greetings from Oregon btw.

After years of wear

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2646.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

For the 20s 201, you must buy your actual waist size; it will stretch out, and even then it's very generous round the seat. Not sure how much I lost in length, maybe an inch and a half.

Lovely denim. Wore mine for 7, maybe 8 months straight, about half as much wear as, say, the Roy X Cone. Definitely some of the most beautiful LVC.

P1030038.jpg

P1030041.jpg

Does anyone have a pair of 1878 Pantaloon's in a size 32 Waist that they would want to trade for a pair with a 33 waist? Or maybe trade for another LVC jean???

Second question.... Does the 555 Duck Vest shrink much? I picked up a brand new with tags vest in a 36 and it fits perfect, although I'm normally a 38 in the cheast. I washed and dried my 555 1873's and they shrank like crazy. So I was going to handwash the vest and hang dry for it's lifetime. Just curious if anyone had one that shrank like crazy when wet.

Thanks!

I seem to remember someone (Shorty Long?) asking if the striped Henley worn by the Indian in the old photo and reproduced this season was available in the United States. I saw it this week at the Levi's Meatpacking store in NYC. I tried it on, but didn't look at the price or the size because it looked plain bad on me. Also had a very nice conversation with the "Historian" about workwear and flight jackets in old movies. The store is now stocking a wider selection of shirts. They have several henleys, a light blue shirt with stripes that I think Paul T has sported, and a dark indigo check popover. I also tried on the 1922 jeans. The fabric was very close to the 1915s which I have, so I didn't bite.

Thanks for the heads up...much appreciated...why didn't you like it? Was it cut weird?

I seem to remember someone (Shorty Long?) asking if the striped Henley worn by the Indian in the old photo and reproduced this season was available in the United States. I saw it this week at the Levi's Meatpacking store in NYC. I tried it on, but didn't look at the price or the size because it looked plain bad on me. Also had a very nice conversation with the "Historian" about workwear and flight jackets in old movies. The store is now stocking a wider selection of shirts. They have several henleys, a light blue shirt with stripes that I think Paul T has sported, and a dark indigo check popover. I also tried on the 1922 jeans. The fabric was very close to the 1915s which I have, so I didn't bite.

Thanks for the heads up...much appreciated...why didn't you like it? Was it cut weird?

The cut was good. I think it had to do with the color which made my face look really pink. But the lighting in the changing room is horrible there so that might have had an effect too. They just have a single incandescent bulb hanging right in front of the mirror.

Here are some pics of the indigo check shirt. Sorry for all the moire from my point and shoot:

2011-09-17001.jpg

2011-09-17002.jpg

The irregularity of the stitching to show it is single needle is almost a little too much:

2011-09-17003.jpg

But the fit and the fabric is both wonderful. I may turn into a Maurizio Donaldi believer after all (but I think I will wait at least until the website goes live).

Not exactly the same as the one LVC has in the fall line up, but I came across this hunting vest at a flea market yesterday. Label says "Western Field, Montgomery Wards". It's so small, it must be have been meant for a child. Fabric is very dry and brittle, and fairly light weight. Don't know when it was made, but I'd guess the 40s or 50s. For $2, I figured I'd buy it.

Had to take the pix with my cellphone, sorry if they're not the greatest.

photo0288w.jpg

By setterman at 2011-09-19

photo0292g.jpg

photo0290i.jpg

I stopped into the LVC shop at the US Levi's yesterday and looked at some of the new stuff. The poplin shirt Entertainment posted is great in the flesh, there was also an Sunset one pocket over-dyed with, the salesguy told me, natural black indigo which I looked for on-line but could find nothing about. The rough, single-needle stitching looks really good.

LVC nowadays is a funny beast- a lot of the staple offerings like Ts and sweats and flannels don't really seem worth the price to me, but every season there are a couple of things that exceed expectation and look even better that the old LVC stuff did. These two shirts definitely do.

There was also a brand new offering- the '20s wool mackinaw they've done before (like this one from 2007is) in a new color, red and black plaid. Absolutely beautiful, but pricey (>$700).

6163405055_02e4c4c97a_b.jpg

This season's hang tag:

6163870896_c133238b6b_o.jpg

6163871020_cbb55c9780_o.jpg

Setterman- i recently found a similar vest, though I paid $3 for mine, damn you for getting a better deal.

6145627239_6f6f329c18_z.jpg

It is marked Small but looks small even for a 38" chest. I am wondering if, since there are no game pocket, these were meant to be snugly worn under a hunting jacket soley to hold shotgun shells?

Setterman- i recently found a similar vest, though I paid $3 for mine, damn you for getting a better deal.

6145627239_6f6f329c18_z.jpg

It is marked Small but looks small even for a 38" chest. I am wondering if, since there are no game pocket, these were meant to be snugly worn under a hunting jacket soley to hold shotgun shells?

I was thinking the same thing when handling the vest I bought, that it would have been worn as an in between layer. There's no size tag on it, but I just measured it and it looks like 40" at the underarms. Sure looks smaller than that.

I like the mackinaw but the price is crazy.