Levi's Vintage Clothing

I have a size 36 LVC 507xx with the 555 button stamp for sale if anyone is interested. Perfect condition, worn once or twice around the house but never soaked, no fading. I am gonna put it up for sale formally either here or on ebay soon but I figured I'd see if anyone was interested first. I picked it up a couple years ago but found another one later that fit me better. Photo is from the auction, I will take my own photos shortly.

levi507xxzr3.jpg

Picked up a pair of 47 from himatey (thanks mate!). 36/32. I was originally going to pick up a pair of 34/32 which would be my true size, before I read through a good chunk of this thread. himatey had done one bathtub soak and it still shrunk down to 34.5/32. I completed the shrinkage with a triple hot soak (a crap load of starch still came out), and a hotwash with spin (no tumble at home, drying it on my radiator as I'm writing this). The pair came out of the machine 33/31.5. holy SH!T! So glad I got the 36 now. Will be posting fit pics after they dry.

Can anyone help me out?

I've got a pair of 47 501's that I soaked hot when i got 'em a year ago. I've worn 'em straight for a year with no wash. Only tossed them in the dryer from time to time with a fabric sheet after they got stanky. I wanna wash 'em and I'm not too concerned about the fading indigo, what I'm more concerned about is the fit and rigidity of them after a wash. I don't wanna lose that.

Hi,

I've keep it for quite sometime and wondering how old is the jeans. It got '511' at the back of the top button, zip fly and only 'R' mark on the red tab:

http://flickr.com/photos/14642886@N08/sets/72157603018877928/detail/

Inner tag also indicates '511 0998 90750-5' on second last line.

Until which year Levis uses 'Every Garment Guranteed' on the size patch? Many thanks!

Regards,

I still feel like the 47s are the slimmest. Haven't worn the 501 66s, but I have the 67 505s and they are nowhere as slim as the 47s.

Hi,

I've keep it for quite sometime and wondering how old is the jeans. It got '511' at the back of the top button, zip fly and only 'R' mark on the red tab:

http://flickr.com/photos/14642886@N08/sets/72157603018877928/detail/

Inner tag also indicates '511 0998 90750-5' on second last line.

Until which year Levis uses 'Every Garment Guranteed' on the size patch? Many thanks!

Regards,

Those are late 80's early 90's 505. They're not considered vintage.

And it is the 606 that is the slimmest LVC model. The Ramones jeans.

damn, no site with sizings? :(

of those slim lvc's, which would you say fall in the 8-9" knee/leg measurements

it depends on what size jeans you wear, but i dont think any of those fall in that category. i dont know about the 1947s though. email cultizm and they'll give you measurements for the jeans they stock (they stock 1966 501s, 1967 505s and 1947 501s.)

I still feel like the 47s are the slimmest. Haven't worn the 501 66s, but I have the 67 505s and they are nowhere as slim as the 47s.

I think '66 501s and '67 505s are slimmer than '47s as their leg opening are always much smaller than '47 (on the same size).

Regards,

According to Rob, who owns both and has compared them, the leg opening on the 66 is essentially identical to that on the 47; however, the 66 is more tapered and hence the thighs are slightly fuller. The 66 has a lower rise;

LVC fit details, as ever, are here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

Thanks for the direction Paul. I just cannot wear tapered leg like normal PS 501s but others might like it. So far '47 is perfect for me and because of that I bought another '47, this time I got it raw and sizeup to 33/34 (as I normally wear 31/32).

Would like try '37 or '55 in the future. BTW, I like the idea of cinchback to adjust waist.:)

Regards,

Does anyone know if the Japanese LVC '47 501s differ much from the ones you can buy from Cultizm?

I bought a couple pairs in Japan and found it to be difficult, so I wanted to order the same model from Cultizm.

Just wondering how much difference there is- cone denim-cut-indigo? etc.

Tanks,

Those are late 80's early 90's 505. They're not considered vintage.

This what Paul writes regarding '55 501 mentioned in his 501 visual guide:

"The leather 2-horse patch is changed for a 'leather look' patch, which still retains the 'Every Garment Guaranteed' legend, which will disappear by 1960. (what did that guarantee mean? Could you take your jeans back if they split when you attached two horses to them?) ."

Is 'Every Garment Guaranteed' legend on the patch still being used on 505 until late 80's or early 90's?

Paul also writes this regarding '77 501:

"This one has an 'R' symbol, but no Levi's logo - this was done for trademark reasons, so that Levi's maintained its rights on the actual red tag device, regardless of what company name is written on it."

Are my 505 the same 70s jeans as presumed by ebay seller here?:confused: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110189471557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

Regards,

With a three-digit code on the fly button, they're much later than 70s. I wouldn't know for definite but late 80s could be right. The inside tags too look like 80s or later. Haven't looked closely but I would guess the ebay jeansare 80s or later too, because of the three-digit tag.

The Every Garment Guaranteed line remains on some other models long after it's gone on the 501.

Does anyone know if the Japanese LVC '47 501s differ much from the ones you can buy from Cultizm?

I bought a couple pairs in Japan and found it to be difficult, so I wanted to order the same model from Cultizm.

Just wondering how much difference there is- cone denim-cut-indigo? etc.

Tanks,

Also wondering if there is a diff in weight as well. From all the posts I've read the Japanese LVC seem to differ from the American (cultizm ordered?) LVC.

If there was an easier way to order these from Japan, I would.

I'm not sure, not having owned both and not having the latest Japanese specs. But on all the Japanese LVC literature I have, denim is specified as Cone in the same weight as the US versions, so I wouldn't believe there is a huge difference.

What I have seen it that LVC Japan has not had the errors of detailing that we've seen with US LVC; others have observed that the LVC Japan leather - or deerhide - patches are nicer, too .

With a three-digit code on the fly button, they're much later than 70s. I wouldn't know for definite but late 80s could be right. The inside tags too look like 80s or later. Haven't looked closely but I would guess the ebay jeansare 80s or later too, because of the three-digit tag.

The Every Garment Guaranteed line remains on some other models long after it's gone on the 501.

This very clear to me now Paul. Many thanks for the enlightment.

Thanks to lilldavid too for the earlier posting.:)

Regards,

I'm not sure, not having owned both and not having the latest Japanese specs. But on all the Japanese LVC literature I have, denim is specified as Cone in the same weight as the US versions, so I wouldn't believe there is a huge difference.

What I have seen it that LVC Japan has not had the errors of detailing that we've seen with US LVC; others have observed that the LVC Japan leather - or deerhide - patches are nicer, too .

Thanks Paul,

I emailed cultizm and they said the two are simillar. We'll see......

few days ago i got my long awaited 505s from spring 2007 made of 14.5oz kaihara or was it kaihira denim, don´t know;)... now i´m wondering if anybody of you got the same jean and has already washed em, cause i like to know if they would shrink a bit although they are preshrunk. Mine are W30 L32 but actually fit more like W32 ass and L34 leg... I´m a bit disappointed cause I thought these fit much more snack :/ thanks dudes!

How do the 1967 505's fit compared to the 1947 501xx and/or the 1967 606s? Right now I have the 1967 606 jeans in size 29 and in the unwashed state, they fit me pretty well, tight from the bottom, looser (slightly) in the waist. I won't be able to STF these bad boys. For the 501's, I've had 30x34 STF to 30x32 but the fit isn't optimal so size 28 in unwashed state fits me much more better. If Im a 28 in 501 and 29 in 606 (both won't ever touch water), what size should I get/look for in the 1967 505 LVCs? Thanks for your help!

This may well be better suited to small questions, but as it's regarding a pair of LVC's I thought i'd post here aswell...

Right- here's a good one. I've been breaking in a pair of raw LVC 47's for the past 4-5 months. I wear a 33 waist. These were a 34 but actually measured 33 in their raw state so I shrunk them whilst wearing them in a hot bath. They fit nicely but I woudn't want them getting any tighter!

The intention was to sit in the bath with them in a couple months time with perhaps a tiny bit of soap to loosen any dirt. HOWEVER, last night i had the pleasure of being vomited (more of a splash back than a direct hit) over by my 6 year old so i'm pretty much either going to have to give them a good wash, or stink of puke.

Question is, will sitting in the bath again with perhaps a bit more soap than previously considered and very gently rubbing (the jeans) be enough. I'm a bit worried about washing them without wearing them as my concern is that they'll shrink too much in the waist and i'll not be able to get them on again. any advice?

I'm UK based. What soap/detergent would anyone suggest.

Ta.