Levi's Vintage Clothing

I am a normal 32... Natural waist, last time I checked a 34... bought 47s in a 30!

After shrinking (I dont know, how mucht they shrank) they fit, but are a little tight on the waist right now... Im hoping they loosen up just a little more... then they would fit perfect

I think most of LVC has always been singed. Could be wrong. THe 1920s, 1930s and 1901 Valencia St version certainly were. The 'Capital E' reissues that came before LVC weren't, though. Don't know the story with the originals.

(for non-geeks, singeing is the process which eliminates the 'fluff' on denim - it's literally singed off - which gives a smoother look).

I think most of LVC has always been singed. Could be wrong. THe 1920s, 1930s and 1901 Valencia St version certainly were. The 'Capital E' reissues that came before LVC weren't, though. Don't know the story with the originals.

(for non-geeks, singeing is the process which eliminates the 'fluff' on denim - it's literally singed off - which gives a smoother look).

really? I thought it was a process they started using later on, like 60s or 70s. I just saw a pair of 70s deadstock 505s on ebay and they appeared to not be singed, they had more 'hair' than either of the new LVCs do. But I'm not sure at all. I can't find anything about singing in the Levi's pdf.

I'll find out, next time I chat to my Man Who Knows. He also has a pair of 50s with tags, we can check those.

What I meant in my previous post was that most previous LVC were singed. Haven't seen enough raw originals to know when singeing was first used w those.

Incidentally, altho Sanrofizing isn't the same thing as singeing, sneakeraddict, it does give a smoother, shinier look a little like singeing.

I'll find out, next time I chat to my Man Who Knows. He also has a pair of 50s with tags, we can check those.

What I meant in my previous post was that most previous LVC were singed. Haven't seen enough raw originals to know when singeing was first used w those.

Incidentally, altho Sanrofizing isn't the same thing as singeing, sneakeraddict, it does give a smoother, shinier look a little like singeing.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing this. Singing is a very overlooked detail, obviously since Levi's themselves don't even mention it, but for me it's as important as whether the jeans are sanforized or not. It just adds something to the feel of the jeans.

From what I know most of the stuff from at least 2005 and earlier was quite hairy, including the 505. My 551zxx are really hairy.

I don't remember the 47 being so clean either, but I haven't had a pair myself so I can't say for sure.

And by the way, I found some old stock of LVC, like 2002 and 2003, including a raw 1937 201. They had a leather patch, should they really have that?

my 55s are very hairy and coarse denim.

I got them of Cotton Duck and they are my favourite jeans, because of the denim so very indigo / red, and also the size 38 x 40.

So I think that means they're some of the first LVCs made. Wish I could find some more.

wish levis still made that one. I saw the new LVC collection and now they go up to 44 waist, but no long leg anymore. Pathetic.

I had last years 47s and they were shiny in comparison, come to think of it

This clean, shiny look will disapear, with a wash or rinse and become hairy I guess... I remember the deadstock 1937 201s, if you look at these, they look almost like a rinsed one, maybe these were actually rinsed in the LVC factory, not hot, but cold to prevent shrinking.

Guest ilikeskating

so the current 47s run one size smaller than tagged size? i want to buy a 30x34 (my true waist is 30) but i dont know if it would be too small.

My 37 201s are from 97 555 and the 37 501s are spring 07.

Just received S1 07 37's from Cultizm (at a very reasonable price and top notch customer service ) very pleased indeed . Denim is more blue than indigo , definitley lighter than raw pair 55s (554) from approx early 2000s in my collection and 05 or 06 55's I previously had (the 2" extra leg length model). In fact lightest denim LVC model yet I have purchased (incl 1937 201 , 1947 , 1890) Also not as stiff in texture . Still I like the colour and am looking forward to breaking them in .

Hi all, i see that dejan and aero are selling a sproul finish lvc. What is sproul, is it just a standard pre wash with some distressing or something else...thanks

err anyone?

On a related note i am a 35 waist, i have previously purchased 38's STF in the LVC 33s. These are too big despite repeated hot wash/dry. My generic stf 38's fit however. I would like to obtain some 47s and or 55's. This time id like to try a 36 instead. I really dont want to wear them raw.

Is there a way to shrink the length's down and limit waist shrinkage other then sitting in the tube with them. I guess I could also soak and then wear em damp but that seems a bit uncomfortable. I have also seen the clamp method too strectch out after a shrink but i really dont want to risk shrinking ..like to avoid it n the first place...thanks all.

ahhh the pleasure of being an odd size...