Levi's Vintage Clothing

Alright, after a fruitless search and posing the question in the general question thread, I've been told this is the right thread to ask this question.....

do you want me to wipe your nose while i'm at it ?

You could ask the seller - I have sent questions his way before and he is pretty helpful.

Edit - in fact, under the contact member tabs, someone else has also asked that question and the answer is yes, it could shrink up to 2 and 3/4 quarters. Whatever that is? inches? According to LVC guidelines apparently.

Edited by big truck

paul t i need help this specific shirt will shrink? or not ? i need a 22 inch chest. what size should i get from this seller?

thanks man

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

It should be Sanforized - mine is, altho it's US-made and doesn't have the red tag. It perhaps shrank the tiniest amount, like my Wrangler shirt, an inch at the very max. I can't quite make out their tag, but again my guess is it's marked as Sanforized. As Ed guesses, I think the seller's probably just given a generic answer.

Altho the very early 1900 and 1920s shirts used to shrink, from the late 30s nearly all cotton and chambray shirts tended to be Sanforized - as you can imagine, it's a pain in the ass (or chest) otherwise.

So, short version, I'd guess shrinkage will be minimal.

Why retired? They look pretty sturdy to me. They look good

Thanks Erk.

I just really like where their at right now in terms of the fading and remaining indigo. Still wearing them 2-3 days a week just not my daily go to any more.

Trying to preserve the state their in for as long as possible.

I have a pair tagged 38x34. I will have to measure them again, but I'm pretty sure they finished at a 32 to 32 1/2" inseam when done shrinking. Longer than expected, so I'm guessing they started at a longer inseam than the tagged 34".

thanks for the reply.. but i am worry about the inseam.from the web http://www.oipolloi.com now i would only find 30/34.. do they make 30/36? cause i stand quite tall around 185cm

I find them very tight.

While I have a number of pairs in 32 that fit well, the 47s in 33 after soaking would be too small for me. I therefore got the 34 width. (By the way selling my basically new made in the US LVC 47s in 33/34 here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/325283/lvc-1947-33-34-like-new-with-tags ; best for people in Europe where they cost EUR 250).

So I'd say go +1 your true size. This again might be different with the newest ones. But I bought mine just some months ago. But could have been older stock.

For the length: I'm same height as you. 34 works, but not much left for cuffing. If you want to cuff, go for 36.

On a general ramble, I don't see many of the LVC 1966 models over here it seems, I wonder if it was less successful or just not pushed as much as the much more prevalent '47 and also '55.

And what happened to 38" inseam?

Put it together you have a rare beast, the 38" leg '66. Last spotted, I can't remember.

There's a couple of us here with the '66. I've never devoted serious time to mine, but they fit good (though little big since I've lost weight since buying them, but I'm not sure I could drop down a size on a new pair), and are wearing in very nicely. Stupid as it sounds, I think the paper patch and lack of back pocket rivets deter guys from buying that model.

LVC dropped the 40" and 38" inseam for LVC a few years ago, but the 38' inseam has been brought back on the larger (34, 36, 38) size '47s the past year or two. I don't expect to see longer than a 36" in the other models again though.