Levi's Vintage Clothing

Was at the Levi's Union Square yesterday. Apparently the 1915 will be discontinued this fall. The type 2 jacket will be part of this fall.

Hearing the 507 will be back is great news! Hope the chest on the XL will be as big as it is on the 506. Too bad about the 1915....

Has anyone bought any 1937s recently? I'd like some as my next pair of LVC and would like a raw 34 waist to shrink down to a 32. My 1915s are tagged 30W but actually measured at 34 raw.

I'd also like to add suspender buttons - I think Dr House did something similar.

Has anyone bought any 1937s recently? I'd like some as my next pair of LVC and would like a raw 34 waist to shrink down to a 32. My 1915s are tagged 30W but actually measured at 34 raw.

I'd also like to add suspender buttons - I think Dr House did something similar.

My 37s are three years old, but I don't think they've changed since then. Mine measured 38", the tagged size. When they came outta the washer I hand stretched the waist back out to 38". I'd contact whomever you purchase them from to get an actual waist measurement and go from there. I'd go TTS or one inch over. They'll fit fine at the waist and still be big in the seat and leg, like they're supposed to be.

Good call on the sale!

Hey RIff! Did your 1878 Pantaloons fit measured sized when you bought them? IE the size 32 measured as a 32?

Thanks!

I think my 1878s are Japanese denim but they are not the same denim as the 1901s and 1880s I have. They are a trimmer cut than the 1880s. Also all the other Japanese denim LVCs I've owned don't have near the amount of shrinkage as my cone denim LVCs.

Mine measure 19 flat (38) and are tagged 36 but I've been wearing'm and they have not been in water yet so

they might have stretched some.

Good call on the sale!

Whoever has 1878 Pantaloons, do they fit measured sized when you bought them? IE the size 32 measured as a 32?

Thanks!

I have a pair of dry 32x32- the waist is 33" measured flat (you can't pull the front and back to the same line, really). The inseam is just a fraction under 32".

5741582744_3d11bdb23c_z.jpg

hey guys thinking of pulling the trigger on the lvc type III at cultizm. worth the price??

guys also, im not really digging the width of the sleeves. would a hot soak shrink the sleeves to be more "fitted" or im just better off looking at other denim jackets. thank u appreciate much help here ;) cheers

I kind of wanted to- but the Roys are kind of the same dealie, no? What I really want are the balloons, which are supposedly out there somewhere, but where?

That was my thought.

Nobody has the balloons yet? Not even the flagship? weird.

hey guys thinking of pulling the trigger on the lvc type III at cultizm. worth the price??

guys also, im not really digging the width of the sleeves. would a hot soak shrink the sleeves to be more "fitted" or im just better off looking at other denim jackets. thank u appreciate much help here ;) cheers

I really like the fit of the type III, and didn't bother to soak mine when I received it. That isn't to say I wasn't tempted -- it was stiff as hell at first, and required some serious wear before it relaxed a bit and fit perfectly.

Not LVC, but I figured some might be interested... This is a leisure jacket made by Levi's in the early 70's which I recently acquired.

Z4LL0.jpg

I got one from Lee as well if any are interested, but it ended up being a size larger, and so may be returned if possible.

CNjIQ.jpg

I think Caliroots has a Type III for even cheaper right now...