Levi's Vintage Clothing

Thanks for the inseam input guys! Much appreciated.

I do think perhaps I'm leaning towards shorter inseams these days. Currently I prefer about a 35" inseam, which when cuffed will be about 34", which is about what my actual inseam is...

Fit looks great cheapmuthafukr!

What size inseam do you buy? And from where? ;)

I'm gutted just got a new pair of 55 in a tagged 36 leg and they only measure 35" - back to cultizm they go.

I'd love lvc to do a 38" inside leg in all waist sizes. I'm 32 or 34 waist depending on model and can't find a 38 leg anywhere

I haven't checked in a while, but I was under the impression that one can generally find inseams up to 38".

Edit: just checked Cultizm, and yes, there are many 38" inseams available.

Only in the larger waist sizes though :mad:

I'm gutted just got a new pair of 55 in a tagged 36 leg and they only measure 35" - back to cultizm they go.

I'd love lvc to do a 38" inside leg in all waist sizes. I'm 32 or 34 waist depending on model and can't find a 38 leg anywhere

It also seems when asking any dealers about 38" inseam on other sizes, they pretty much tell you it's not going to happen. I was looking for 36x38, and I was basically told "No"... :)

Anyone know the cheapest place on the web to get rigid LVCs? I've been trying to unload a couple pairs of mine for a few weeks and have had no luck.

I'm asking well under what Unionmade and Cultizm are asking. Is there another, cheaper source?

I want to be reasonable in my pricing but I don't want to lose my ass either.

Anyone know the cheapest place on the web to get rigid LVCs? I've been trying to unload a couple pairs of mine for a few weeks and have had no luck.

I'm asking well under what Unionmade and Cultizm are asking. Is there another, cheaper source?

I want to be reasonable in my pricing but I don't want to lose my ass either.

You're actually only $2.69 below what Cultizm would charge for the exact same pairs, at least in the US. You have to sign in to see their prices without the VAT included if you are in a non EU country. I think they are indeed the cheapest though, so it's not like you're way too high or anything.

You're actually only $2.69 below what Cultizm would charge for the exact same pairs, at least in the US. You have to sign in to see their prices without the VAT included if you are in a non EU country. I think they are indeed the cheapest though, so it's not like you're way too high or anything.

I thought the same thing. He isnt going to take business away from cultizm by only undercutting them $2

I thought the price was $265 at cultizm. I guess if you figure in the $16.30 for shipping to the US for cultizm, I'm closer to $20 under their price.

Thanks for the info.

Im you decide you just want to be done with it. Ill leave out an offer of $150 for the 1944.

I thought the price was $265 at cultizm. I guess if you figure in the $16.30 for shipping to the US for cultizm, I'm closer to $20 under their price.

Thanks for the info.

Sadly, in highly consumerist countries once something is bought its perceived worth goes down to something like 80% to 50% of it its original worth, even if its still in new condition, even if its relatively rare. I don't like it anymore than you do, but that's the way it seems to be.

Even the best LVC stuff doesn't seem to hold it's value, excepting some NWT 555 items.

edit- not that you should accept trolly offers like $150.

While I agree that $220 is a fair price for NWT, I have this personal 'rule' that $200 is the max I'll pay for any item that was originally between say $250 and $300. It's just like Roy said a perceived value and the feeling of 'getting a deal' Having said that, with new LVC pricing rising all the time you should just stick at your price if that's what you want to get. Someone should bite at some point.

Thanks for the info.

It's certainly not a bad price, and I didn't mean to imply that. But you may have also been undercut by Cultizm's recent sale. I had been eyeing the 1878 Pantaloons and managed to pick them up during the sale for $205 shipped. The same prices were available for all the raw models.

So anyone looking for the 1915 or the 1944 would have been foolish to not pick them up then, which then sucks away your market (at least for a little bit).

Sadly, in highly consumerist countries once something is bought its perceived worth goes down to something like 80% to 50% of it its original worth, even if its still in new condition, even if its relatively rare. I don't like it anymore than you do, but that's the way it seems to be.

Even the best LVC stuff doesn't seem to hold it's value, excepting some NWT 555 items.

edit- not that you should accept trolly offers like $150.

1st, the item does lose value because as far as I know he does not have a brand name in which I am familiar with. I dont know if I can truly even trust the delivery of this item.

2nd, I take offense to this trolling comment. My offer has nothing to do with trolling. I dont need a pair of jeans right now, so because I really dont have a demand, I therefore am not inclined to pay much. Furthermore, the item is worth nothing more than the highest bid. If no one else out there is willing to pay more than me, this fella is may rather chose to have the money now, and not sit on inventory. Ever heard of a sale? My words to you are that you shouldnt take your business so personally, troll.

Let's not turn this into something ugly...I was not offended by the offer...I will simply decline. Any time someone on the board is interested in purchasing something from me, and they have concerns about my reputation, I can easily direct them to my ebay account to show that I'm not a cheat.

Also, I've been around here long enough without incident in any way that people should feel comfortable dealing with me.

If you still have doubts, that's completely fine...caution, especially on the Internet, is perfectly understandable.

Anyway, back to LVC...what's the sizing on the '47s like?

;)

1st, the item does lose value because as far as I know he does not have a brand name in which I am familiar with. I dont know if I can truly even trust the delivery of this item.

2nd, I take offense to this trolling comment. My offer has nothing to do with trolling. I dont need a pair of jeans right now, so because I really dont have a demand, I therefore am not inclined to pay much. Furthermore, the item is worth nothing more than the highest bid. If no one else out there is willing to pay more than me, this fella is may rather chose to have the money now, and not sit on inventory. Ever heard of a sale? My words to you are that you shouldnt take your business so personally, troll.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I truly didnt mean to offend you. I just bought a pair of '55's a month ago, and they will take forever for me to break in. So, I would like to have a pair of '44's, but I know that I probably wont wear another pair of jeans for awhile. Thats the only reason my offer was 'low.'

Let's not turn this into something ugly...I was not offended by the offer...I will simply decline. Any time someone on the board is interested in purchasing something from me, and they have concerns about my reputation, I can easily direct them to my ebay account to show that I'm not a cheat.

Also, I've been around here long enough without incident in any way that people should feel comfortable dealing with me.

If you still have doubts, that's completely fine...caution, especially on the Internet, is perfectly understandable.

Anyway, back to LVC...what's the sizing on the '47s like?

;)

Shorty for what it's worth i agree with Roy. i would state a price and add actual shipping on top. i have sold a great deal on ebay and tried the free shipping since that seems the be the way they're pushing. i have almost always done better going price + shipping. it's like peoples eyes roll right to the price of the item itself. i think it's human nature.

I just bought a pair of '55's a month ago,

were they the latest batch of 1955? If so how much shrinkage did you experience in the leg (inseam)

I'm gutted that I can't get a Raw measured 1955 over 35" inside leg which I need to be at least 33.5" after shrinking

Shorty for what it's worth i agree with Roy. i would state a price and add actual shipping on top. i have sold a great deal on ebay and tried the free shipping since that seems the be the way they're pushing. i have almost always done better going price + shipping. it's like peoples eyes roll right to the price of the item itself. i think it's human nature.

Of course it is .As in "dear lucy, I only spent £190 on those jeans/boots from America (but let's not mention the shipping and taxes.)"

IN any case, Shorty, good luck - and there's a good argument for holding firm on the 1915, as they're no longer available.

Sorry, I haven't rinsed them yet. I want to get as much wear as possible first before they get wet, but I also want to wear them while they dry... so, Ill probably rinse late august. From experience I would probably expect 2 complete inches of shrink, so I get your concern.

were they the latest batch of 1955? If so how much shrinkage did you experience in the leg (inseam)

I'm gutted that I can't get a Raw measured 1955 over 35" inside leg which I need to be at least 33.5" after shrinking

I agree... I don't really get the lack of longer inseams, especially since with shrinkage, the most common inseam (34") could possibly shrink down to 31". That cuts out a lot of the population, especially if you're going to cuff em. :)

Also find it a little odd they don't make the jeans longer raw, to shrink to their tagged inseam length, instead of being raw at the tagged length (though it seems most LVC runs about .5" short in my experience) and shrinking from there.

Ahh well.. the curse of the tall man. ;)

Maybe if enough of us tall people keep on and on about getting longer inseams on LVC jeans 38 and 40 inseams,,, maybe they will do some soon, i hope,,, i went round the 250 valencia street factory in 98, 2000, and 2001, and they were doing all sizes back then, one seamstress told me that she didn't enjoy stitching the really long inseams,,, i was given a personal tour of the factory by marylin bramlett in 2000 or 2001 and i asked if anyone had ever stitched over thier fingers, she said not that she knew of but at 554 san antonio someone once puit a rivet through thier thumb, sorry for going off the topic, i know for a fact that 555, 554 and R stamped 47s and 555 stamped 55s were made in alot of sizes in 40 inseam !!!