Levi's Vintage Clothing

Paul your Levi's have awesome wear and color. Thanks again for all your help.

I'm quite happy with the fit if mine at this point.

I hot soaked for 30 or so minutes with no detergent yesterday and wore them to dry.

Here are the measurements for anyone that might need future help:

Presoak measurements

Waist: 34

Inseam: 36

Postsoak measurements

Waist: 32

Inseam: 33.25

Paul your Levi's have awesome wear and color. Thanks again for all your help.

I'm quite happy with the fit if mine at this point.

I hot soaked for 30 or so minutes with no detergent yesterday and wore them to dry.

Here are the measurements for anyone that might need future help:

Presoak measurements

Waist: 34

Inseam: 36

Postsoak measurements

Waist: 32

Inseam: 33.25

Good thing you went for the 34, ime 47's are unforgiving in cut and shrink, but they'll turn out to be your favorites when sized well! Keep us posted.

Stratos where are the pics? i'm keen to see how they look.

They're in the evolution thread, I think last saturday. Pics are not very good though, for some reason I can't upload the full quality macro pics and I don't really know my way around digital photography...But if you click on the thumbnails, they look pretty close to the raws.

EDIT: pic links are on this page: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=3526&page=2226

Today while at work, I was texting my friend who works at an auction house/estate liquidator. She said she was holding a pair of vintage Levi redlines. I asked her the details, she called me, and I was able to figure out over the phone that it was probably a 37 model. The rivets to the cinchback had been ripped out, and one of the pocket rivets was missing from the right pocket as well. I went over after work to look at it. Apparently they found them in a barn at one of the estates. The leather tag was pretty destroyed, and the rivets and button fly were all oxidized awesomely. They looked fairly new though, as they were still pretty dark outside of the dirt/mold/mildew. If I had had time to come home first I would have taken pictures. Anyways, I wouldn't have been able to ID them without the help of this thread probably.

Today while at work, I was texting my friend who works at an auction house/estate liquidator. She said she was holding a pair of vintage Levi redlines. I asked her the details, she called me, and I was able to figure out over the phone that it was probably a 37 model. The rivets to the cinchback had been ripped out, and one of the pocket rivets was missing from the right pocket as well. I went over after work to look at it. Apparently they found them in a barn at one of the estates. The leather tag was pretty destroyed, and the rivets and button fly were all oxidized awesomely. They looked fairly new though, as they were still pretty dark outside of the dirt/mold/mildew. If I had had time to come home first I would have taken pictures. Anyways, I wouldn't have been able to ID them without the help of this thread probably.

Sounds like the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

I just put the S/S2011 look book up in the LVC Catalogs thread- but here's a few items of specific interest.

LVC has some 'splainin to do:

5717200401_d3ae84374b_b.jpg

(on right) 1920's Balloons pants. Here's an example of the originals:

5717200427_c0d3300c35_o.jpg

Where at, LVC?

Also:

5717801750_8386f06965_o.jpg

customized lot 51 bib-overalls 'Gravel Bake'- hard to see here but looks like a sun-bleached hickory stripe.

I'm actually back home now for the summer in Northeast PA, which made it even more shocking for me, because there's pretty much nothing here in terms of that kind of stuff. I'll probably wait til auction day, if the price doesn't get to high for me I may get them then. Also depends how well they wash them.

I'm actually back home now for the summer in Northeast PA, which made it even more shocking for me, because there's pretty much nothing here in terms of that kind of stuff. I'll probably wait til auction day, if the price doesn't get to high for me I may get them then. Also depends how well they wash them.

Please, please, do post some pics!

Levis-Sculpture-by-Ian-McChesney.jpeg

Screen%20shot%202011-05-13%20at%20AM%2011_44_55.png

"To celebrate the launch of Levi's new 'WaterLess' denim - an eco-friendly collection that requires less water to wash - architect and sculptor Ian McChesney has created a funnel of sorts made entirely out of Levi's jeans. Located at Regent Street in London, the floor-to-ceiling sculpture is situated inside Levi's flagship store. " — streething

http://www.mcchesney.co.uk/