Levi's Vintage Clothing

hey guys, any online webstore where i can pick up a lvc type III (raw) denim jacket? would appreciate cheers!

cultizm.com has the 557/Type III in stock in all sizes. For the price they're asking though, I'd buy a vintage jacket first.

cultizm.com has the 557/Type III in stock in all sizes. For the price they're asking though, I'd buy a vintage jacket first.

I will be having a jacket sale soon. Big E 557 in three different grades, from dark and unwashed, to decrepit. All roughly 36 chest. Watch this space.

modern "trucker jackets" are indeed longer than a vintage type 3. people can't handle wearing jackets like that anymore. I think a lot of it has to do with nobody tucking their shirts in anymore.

the new jackets look really bizarre to me, with how long they are.

erk's assessment rings true to me. Modern trucker jackets are simply too long, and I agree that they're made that way because people do not tuck their shirts in anymore. I'd add that the low-rise jeans trend has also led to longer jacket bodies. I want my jacket to end right where my jeans sit, and I do not wear my jeans down around my hips.

i have quite a bit of real vintage clothing and i can tell you jackets of all types have gotten longer over the years. most vintage jackets stopped at the waistline above the hips. i pretty much only wear vintage or repro vintage jackets. the times i have slipped on a modern jacket the fit is quite a shock. i can't believe people would think it's an improvement. IMO a trim vintage fit is much more flattering.

^ I quite agree. I tuck shirts and like a jacket that sits right at the belt line on a pair of pants with a proper rise. Modern fits all look like they want to give in to gravity and head for the floor. I always find myself thinking 'Pull your fucking pants up and put a belt on' but then I'm a grumpy old fart so what do I know.

Well, I do not mean to disrespect the fans of the 'new classic' jeans, but yeah, LVC has a little something the others don't, no matter how perfect they may be, perhaps they're just a little too perfect...

Totally. I'm not going to bash japanese denim, especially on superfuture where most japanese denimheads gather online. What I will say is that LVC's are definitely on-par with their quality and construction.

Stitching quality and overall construction is on-par with my IH 634s. In terms of the indigo, Levi's denim (cone denim, to be more exact) doesn't use rope dying or other techniques that make fading an easier process. The indigo is deep and takes a long time to fade.

When I first got my LVC 47's I used to dislike them because it was a LOT harder to get results out of them, especially compared to my iron heart jeans. However I now attribute my disliking to my own impatience and I've learned that jeans were never meant to be easy fading, designer-looking jeans in 9 months without washing them.

No, 1947's might not be historically accurate (mine are a 2007, sized down cut) but they sure are excellent jeans. I didn't buy them for historical accuracy, I bought them for their contemporary slim-straight cut, and for this, they do their job.

In terms of the indigo, Levi's denim (cone denim, to be more exact) doesn't use rope dying or other techniques that make fading an easier process. The indigo is deep and takes a long time to fade.

umm...thats just plain incorrect.

umm...thats just plain incorrect.

I think he means that the LVC stuff just fades more naturally, not like the IH and Samurai stuff that is engineered to fade real dramatically real fast, which is true...

I think he means that the LVC stuff just fades more naturally, not like the IH and Samurai stuff that is engineered to fade real dramatically real fast, which is true...

that is true. I think that cones fabric holds its indigo better. but it is, in fact, rope dyed.

that is true. I think that cones fabric holds its indigo better. but it is, in fact, rope dyed.

Could be, I'm no expert, on the other hand: my 505's are Kaihara denim and they hold their indigo very long, so I guess it has more to do with the treatment of the denim than with the maker.

5705205829_e03fcea054_b.jpg

5705205887_d10841cd12_b.jpg

With the weather finally warming up, I pulled this baby out of the closet to break in over the summer. The LVCxAero 'Two Tone'. I love this thing, but the horsehide, while thin, is incredibly stiff, so it'll take some work.

Great jacket Roy unfortunately no rep to spread.

Well I got my 1915s from cultizm. I sized wrong. So I had to order a 32-34 from unionmade because cultizm was out of the size. I received a pair of 1933s instead. Unionmade shipped the wrong model. Well I decided that I liked the fit. Being that these are my first dungarees that can be worn with suspenders I decided to keep them just in case I'm not sold on wearing spenders daily I still can wear a belt. The denim color and feel isn't as nice as the 1915 but there are several other details I like better on the 33. Unionmade gave me a discount off of my next purchase for the trouble. I'll get the 1915s next time.