Levi's Vintage Clothing

So they could be as early as 1970 then?

no because they're double stitched and little e. they had to have been made 76-83, but for some reason they have the 0117 AND care instructions printed on the tag as well as 1501...strange. since the 501 is not offset on the patch we can further narrow them down to 76-80. the only real mystery is why 1501? as for the 0117, perhaps it was old inventory? but then why the care instructions on the patch also? anyway they are genuine although i have seen thai fakes use the 0117 patch. the 6 button, flashers and interior care tag tell me they're real but an oddity. but a cool oddity at that. congrats, i'd like a pair too!

I doubt it makes much difference,but the interior care tag is slightly different than any of the ones on the visual guide posted.

DSCN7687.jpg

It reads :

Hot wash,normal cycle.

Color will bleed. Wash

and tumble alone.

Waist and Inseam

shrink approx 6 %

The only other thing I noticed is that on the very bottom of the 'this is a pair of Levi's....' paper tag it reads

'COPYRIGHT 1966 BY LEVI STRAUSS & CO. MARKA REG.'

The 'MARKA REG' is likely nothing, but I wondered if it was even remotely significant.

Nice find, Robbie. As everyone has said they're late 70s - tear off stock control tab, chainstitched pockets, and they have the look of the post-77 denim, which always looks hairy and stripy (the new Resolute jeans, by Denim founder Hayashi san, to my mind go all out to replicate this look).

I think they should fetch a fair amount on eBay, my horrible washed out pair from the same era went for £140, to wear these in from new will surely be an attractive proposition to many people.

So I guess they could be as early as 1971 or as late as 1980 then?

sorry for diving in late...

Posted this on the vintage thread a while ago and is the best way to check.

in regards to yours, they are deff seconds, and may even be suspect orange tab but thats prob unlikely.

Firstly they are deff post 1977 (chain stitching) Use the method quoted below to see if pre 1982. I suspect they will be as I think your care tag is an early one - my late 70's and 80s stuff all say 10% shrinkage.

however, it has been suggested that 0117 is a code for sanforized which may also be reason for only 6% shrinkage on your tag.

Either way nice pair of jeans! very very rare to find dead stock in a wearable size like yours! lucky man! Should fetch a couple hundred dollars.

I find a good way to date little e stuff is looking at the back of the rivets. around the early 60's XX through to 70's they used plain thin silver rivets. in 1982 these rivets had a little ring around the edge of the rivet. so check yours and see if there is that post 1982 ring

here are examples

60's and 70's with no ring

tumblr_lcea66lDN61qdfd7i.jpg

http://bluegoldblues.com/post/1669931818/1970s-route-66-selvage-levis-501s

and 80's with ring (post 1982)

tumblr_lb0nrefFCb1qdfd7i.jpg

http://bluegoldblues.com/post/1425535920/rhondas-early-1980s-stonewash-double-stitch-501s

How much was it? I'm dying to get one. I'm glad you guys mentioned where we could find them.

I think it was $125, which for the quality and limited run is a fair price imo.

Dr_Heech- did you say there was an early LVC repro of the 1912 henley?

How much was it? I'm dying to get one. I'm glad you guys mentioned where we could find them.

$125 and $10 for shipping. Total of $135

They don't have a webstore but they have a site. Roy6 gave the link to their site. I just called and they took my order over the phone. And I had a ups tracking number within the same hour. They measured the garment for me to help me make my decision. Great customer service. Thanks for the info roy6.

It doesn't, it says 8%, but it's blurred. It changed from 8% to 10% around 1980-81. After doing a little research, these 501's definately date from between 1978-1981.

Cant wait for them to arrive :D

It's great they're staying 'local'.

I look forward to seeing these being worn in. Will you try and keep washing to a minimum and see if they're capable of a high-contrast fade, or will you adopt the authentic late 70s washing cycle?

THey're lovely jeans and that shape is pretty contemporary, today. As I'm sure you know, they're pre-skewed so you get no leg twist, so they're quite a unique take on the 501 vibe - jeans that mark the end of an era.

Apologies if this has been asked before...

Just bought myself a pair of cheap (ish) 67's off Oki-ni in a 33 waist. Can anyone advise what 'give' there is in the 67's when worn from raw. They fit nicely in the waist as they are but as i have pretty skinny legs and a lack of buttock they're already slightly loose. Wondering if retrospectively I should have gone for a 32 which is now of course sold out :/

Apologies if this has been asked before...

Just bought myself a pair of cheap (ish) 67's off Oki-ni in a 33 waist. Can anyone advise what 'give' there is in the 67's when worn from raw. They fit nicely in the waist as they are but as i have pretty skinny legs and a lack of buttock they're already slightly loose. Wondering if retrospectively I should have gone for a 32 which is now of course sold out :/

I have three pairs, all of which shrunk a tad during first wash and did not stretch back, so you're pretty safe. Never wear 'm wet though, in that case they just might stretch. Let dry thoroughly.

seeing as it's all early 80s redlines on here today, i took the opportunity to take some close ups of mine - bought unworn a couple of weeks ago, and already wearing in a bit... check how hairy they are.

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NDgtMjAxMTA0MjctMTMzOS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NTAtMjAxMTA0MjctMTM0MC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NTEtMjAxMTA0MjctMTM0MC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NTItMjAxMTA0MjctMTM0MS5qcGc.jpg

no self timer on this... will get the wife to take some fit pics later if she can be persuaded - i'm really pleased how they look.

interesting what you say about the pre-skewing paul - they have a slight leg twist at the moment - does that right itself to end up straight as time goes by?