Levi's Vintage Clothing

At least in the case of the Ramones, I'm pretty sure they're wearing Levis 606 Super Slims. Pretty sure LVC did a copy of that model a few years ago, and you might be able to find a pair on ebay.

Not to nit pick, but didn't the Ramones rock 519's?

Also, Leonard... A while back I had a pair of STF 503 Bxx's. They were the youth 501's and came in smaller sizes. I don't know if LVC ever re-issued these or not, but they turn up gently worn on ebay for 50-60$ from time to time.

Good luck, and i'll echo the 'show us pics'.

edit :Do people really believe there are idiots willing to shell out 9k with this few pictures:

"1922 backle back denim jeans"

Well, I for one do not own any "backle backs" and I guess they're pretty rare, which should explain the price :D

Edit: I don't know WHAT they are but I wonder how they dated them '1922'; also, I doubt whether 501's had belt loops in those days...

edit :Do people really believe there are idiots willing to shell out 9k with this few pictures:

"1922 backle back denim jeans"

Hey! Those are probably 555!

(there's a remote chance they could be original... but they don't look like it, no patina at all on the inside rivets, whcih there always is, denim too light and cotton thread too dark). If these were genuine, they'd take photos whcih would demonstrate it.

Hey! Those are probably 555!

(there's a remote chance they could be original... but they don't look like it, no patina at all on the inside rivets, whcih there always is, denim too light and cotton thread too dark). If these were genuine, they'd take photos whcih would demonstrate it.

What are "22 501's", never heard of that model/year?

Well, roughly they could be 1920s... I am not certain exactly when the belt loops came in but Marvin's usually date their belt loop examples as 1922, altho I've seen 1927 speculated too.

Marvin's "1922". THese early jeans always seem ot keep their indigo and have beautiful, very pale stitching.

s1922.jpg

I'm looking for a new pair of LVC denim. Considering getting something different (earlier model) like 1901. Are these pants pretty huge? Ive seen different photos and its hard to tell if its just a relaxed fit or straight up baggy fit.

Heres my current LVC's

1967 505

1954 501Z

Ive also had about 3 pairs of 1947's

(do we have an ebay thread?)

NOS Levis Western Jeans

I don't remember seeing one... except the for sale area... Seems like a lot for a pair of kids jeans, even if they are levi's.....

^

33x30-- would probably fit folks here.

edit-I think I was so enraptured by the unfamiliarity with that pair I overlooked the fact they aren't 100% cotton,they're sanforized, they aren't selvage, no hidden rivets, ... basically just kids levis like you said.

I'm looking for a new pair of LVC denim. Considering getting something different (earlier model) like 1901. Are these pants pretty huge? Ive seen different photos and its hard to tell if its just a relaxed fit or straight up baggy fit.

Heres my current LVC's

1967 505

1954 501Z

Ive also had about 3 pairs of 1947's

By the looks of things, you're into a slim cut (or in the case of the 54's, a tapered one)

If you're looking at the early models, i.e pre 1920, with no belt-loops, the 1890 is the slimmest, with the 1915/17 models a close second.

Have a look at Paul T's size/fit guide (or you could pm him).

Hope this helps?

Heading to SF 2morrow and planing on picking up a pair of the LVC 1955 @ the Levis Flagship store in Union Square.

Sounds like a man with a plan....

Well, roughly they could be 1920s... I am not certain exactly when the belt loops came in but Marvin's usually date their belt loop examples as 1922, altho I've seen 1927 speculated too.

Marvin's "1922". THese early jeans always seem ot keep their indigo and have beautiful, very pale stitching.

I have a pair of '27 LVC's and they're supposed to be the first with a red line stitched in the selvage. The ones on eBay don't have this so I guess they could be before '27 idd.

EDIT: I asked the seller and here's what he has to say:

"This is original 1922-1925 LEVIS 501XX.

I've been doing vintage clothing business since 1975.

I got a lot of information about this."

Neither would I; he could've at least posted decent pics and elaborated on the dating and source. What he's basically saying is 'just take my word for it' :P Also, the price point seems strange, originals that old could fetch much more than 9.000 I think?

the dr speaks the truth. Looking great, max, and good to have another pair of 201 on the go here. Mine are seven months in, and need another half year of hard graft.

Quick update on the nipper jeans. Only a few weeks since the first hand wash, but the application of soy sauce, ice cream and other dubious substances meant they need another one.

the colour is most accurate on the back photo, which captures the slightly dusty, grey look of the denim. For anyone who's not seen them before, these are original 302, like a kids zipper 501, from 1969 or 1970.

lapapril.jpg

buttapril.jpg

frontapril.jpg

Awee.. not fair.

:(

Blimey. I've handed on two pairs of jeans, a 50s selvage jacket, a bunch of kids western shirts to kids on this board and it's still not good enough!

I've also got a pair of 7-yr's wranglers with tags but I feel inclined to keep them now.

Blimey. I've handed on two pairs of jeans, a 50s selvage jacket, a bunch of kids western shirts to kids on this board and it's still not good enough!

I've also got a pair of 7-yr's wranglers with tags but I feel inclined to keep them now.

Just to let you know that was posted by Heech Jr, and not by myself.

(they grow so fast ..eh?)

You have been very kind to me Paul.

Maybe I will send you something to soften the stress of giving all the time.

Please pm me you measurements/ideal size for jeans and jackets.

By the looks of things, you're into a slim cut (or in the case of the 54's, a tapered one)

If you're looking at the early models, i.e pre 1920, with no belt-loops, the 1890 is the slimmest, with the 1915/17 models a close second.

Have a look at Paul T's size/fit guide (or you could pm him).

Hope this helps?

Thanks Heech. I'm still looking at other models. The 1890's are nice but I wish it had 2 back pockets...

Thanks Heech. I'm still looking at other models. The 1890's are nice but I wish it had 2 back pockets...

The 1901's are pretty similar all in all, so are the '15's and '17's. You can go tts on measured size btw. They won't be all too baggy, the real baggy ones are the late '20's and 30's. Mind you, the fit will be very different from the slim cuts you seem to be used to.