Levi's Vintage Clothing

Dr_Heech- did you say there was an early LVC repro of the 1912 henley?

Sorry Roy6, having a trawl and only just saw this.

Yes, during the valencia period (pre-2003 catalogue) there were a few non-denim pieces I remember, especially the two piece long-johns and that Henley, which came in a mustard colour only. I particularly recall the over-flap closure and fabric covered buttons (back in 2003, Aeroleather had an old stock one in a sz 40, otherwise I would have copped)

Your Henley is superb BTW, and looks great with the RxC's.

Sorry Roy6, having a trawl and only just saw this.

Yes, during the valencia period (pre-2003 catalogue) there were a few non-denim pieces I remember, especially the two piece long-johns and that Henley, which came in a mustard colour only. I particularly recall the over-flap closure and fabric covered buttons (back in 2003, Aeroleather had an old stock one in a sz 40, otherwise I would have copped)

Your Henley is superb BTW, and looks great with the RxC's.

That's all very well but can you be a bit more specific with your info please?

:)

web.jpg?ver=13043148740001

These are easily 3 sizes too small in the waist. Its a lot of work to get those 31s to a 34.

on the other hand, you get a great straight/relaxed fit instead of the humongous bagginess of my oversized 201's (i'm even considering alterations at this point).

speaking of linen labels, anyone have a tip to effectively clean the label itself, mine has a annoying blue hue from it's first hot soak :confused:

on the other hand, you get a great straight/relaxed fit instead of the humongous bagginess of my oversized 201's (i'm even considering alterations at this point).

Well, that is how your 201s are supposed to fit. ;-) I know it's a matter of personal taste and style, but I don't see the point in buying a vintage style jean and then sizing it in such a way that it looks more like a modern jean. Embrace the wideness of your 201s, that was the fit/style back then. If you really don't like the way they fit, I'd sell them and get a '44 or later model rather than having the 201s tailored.

IHBW's jeans fit great, but I probably wouldn't have guessed they were 201s.

actually you know the interesting thing, my collection comprises of (in order of personal wearability): 66's, 54's, 55's, 17's & 201 22's. strangely enough though, my favorite piece is probably those 201 22's, it is the hardest to pull off, but the most interesting silhouette as well. and yes i understand how silly therefore altering those pairs seems, but it would really just be bringing in the waist an inch and perhaps tapering the hems an inch, in order to include the 201's in my rotation, as i must admit i have never yet even worn them outside the house! so it's kind of a love/hate thing at the moment, and i definitely won't alter them until i find a proper chain stitch denim tailor anyways.. but yea ideally i will just leave them alone and find a way to make them work (still looking for the right pair of braces as well btw)

^well, I guess that the size of 34*29 might make it hard to find somebody who can actually wear it. And it's a prewash, even if it's a rare one.
talking about LVC on the bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110680882068#ht_688wt_1141

how much will these go for?

I'd buy 'm for that price, just to cut 'm off to be worn as capri's.

EDIT: I just tried to bid, but it seems the seller has set a reserve. I hate that sort of deal, either you set a price or you leave it up to the bidder, but a 'reserve' noone knows about is not exactly an honest way of doing business...

IHBW's jeans fit great, but I probably wouldn't have guessed they were 201s.

Thanks guys. I got those when I was 20 something years old and thinner. I did not know so much about historic fit. I got them with the idea that I would dry wear or cold soak. They had serious hip flare that I talked myself into thinking I could wear out. I don't think I would wear these the "proper" way. Just not my kind of silhouette. They sure are a chore to wear though. Trying to get anything out of the pockets sucks. I'll post these again after another 12 years and see what kind of wear I put in them.;)

Just got a pair of 1955 501's in the mail today. I already own a pair of 1947. They are kinda restrictive though, so I thought these might work better. I think they'll work much better. Personally, Im not a skinny dude. I think I like the anti fit much better. Just put 'em on today, so I dont really have anything to post. I'll come back later when I have something more interesting.

If you've gotten your 55's in the same size as your 47's, yes, they will be less restrictive.

The 1947's had about 120 days of wear. The crotch was tearing- seam was stretching apart. Awesome looking jeans, but that type of fit isnt too comfortable.

I've have two pairs of 47's that are easily going on 8 years of wear and the only area's that are really wearing through are the tops of the pockets and maybe the sides at the hips. Is this crotch thing everyone is having trouble with just the cause of wearing the jeans so tight?

I've have two pairs of 47's that are easily going on 8 years of wear and the only area's that are really wearing through are the tops of the pockets and maybe the sides at the hips. Is this crotch thing everyone is having trouble with just the cause of wearing the jeans so tight?

That's what I think.

i have two pairs myself. both are 2008 models and i bought them in my normal STF size. they were more snug than other models but nothing too extreme. both pairs i wore in the tub and wore them dry. after that they gave a comfortable trim fit. i've had no trouble with the crotch at all.