Levi's Vintage Clothing

A loom sitting at the entrance to the Vault:

5535676345_6ae698cdd6_o.jpg

dude, they should totally be looming shit on it. That denim would go for top dollar.

Incidentally, my sister just started working in the flagship store in SF and I completely expect my LVC selection to grow.

too bad us Levi's employees don't get our discounts on LVC....

DReams shattered.

Nice pics Roy6, thanks for taking the time to post.

I had the Lvc t-shirt with that Jefferson Airplane print on it (2004? i think) - and every time you post pics of your R'n'R I want one damn you !

(really just want to put my hand into the anti-glare glass case and 'borrow' a couple of those pre-R red tags for my Lvc)

Not quite sure of the question. THese are the 1915 LVC made with the newly developed Cone fabric, and should be identical to the 1915 'Cone mills collab'. Cone mills 1915 fabric is different form Cone 1944 and 1947. THey are all spec'd very differently, But the 1915 Cone from this year should be essentially identical to the 1915 Cone from last year, bar minor differences caused by, say, the source of the cotton, which might come from Texas, California or the Carolinas.

Great to see all this, roy, thanks!

thanks Paul

^I didn't think so, but the details in the carnations look a little different. The one at Levi's didn't say it was a repro...

Also, I saw that Marvin has the original model of the jacket LVC reproed for their leather jacket offering this season- fourth one down from the top under "leather jackets".

I guess there were copies made, back in the day, and this seems to imply that the one at the Vault is a copy:

Bing's Denim Tux

I seem to recall that Levi's Red line made a similar denim tux a few years ago.

rnr- maybe your sister could get a gig operating the loom at Levi's plaza. Do you think she'd be down for the uniform though- huge bustle, shirt-waist dress, up-piled hair with hat- like the ladies in the old 1800s Levi's factory that I'm too lazy to find and link to a picture of right now.

Dr Heech asked for some pix of my 506. Not much going on with it, but here ya go. Today was the first time I've been able to wear it over just a t shirt in months, and I'm getting a lot less of the rounded shape I complained in private about recently.

DSC00591.jpg

DSC00594.jpg

DSC00592.jpg

DSC00596.jpg

DSC00597.jpg

dude, they should totally be looming shit on it. That denim would go for top dollar.

I completely agree man, they seriously need to think about that! You have been told LVC!

Did anyone ever follow/hear from that Swedish brand Blue Highway who managed to source a whole roll of deadstock 60's levis/cone fabric that they were supposidly going to make jeans from?

^many thanks Setterman.

Like the yoke line with those little creases (from shrinkage) that wear in eventually. The sleeve whiskers look good too.

Do you wear it under another jacket at all (when its cold)?

Nah, only wear it gets in the winter is on warmer days when I can get away with a hooded sweatshirt on under it. More of an April through October jacket.

Does anyone have any 555 valencia street or 554 san antonio or R taylor togs 1947 and 1955 raw nwt 501xx jeans in size 38x40 and or size 40x40, and even size 36x40, i would like to buy them...

Unfortunately they've been hemmed and shrunk to 32.5", a lot shorter than he's looking for. Too bad, the Buy it Now price is no where near as high as most people seem to ask for 555s.

I stopped into the Union Square LVC shop yesterday on my lunch hour, just killing some time, and found this:

5554750840_341c67918f_b.jpg

It's really amazingly good- a blend of cotton/linen with indigo dyed stripes. A really beautiful distressing job- lightly tea stained and rumpled. Easily the most convincing aging process I've ever seen in a LVC item.

After sleeping on it, I went back today and bought it.

5554163765_eaaeac5a31_o.jpg

5554164017_6e3a09347f_o.jpg

5554747348_fe06399cc3_o.jpg

To be honest, I'd all but given up on LVC- I wasn't really keen on the imaginary vintage thing they started doing last year, and this season looks like almost nothing but that except for the denim and chambray items. The t-shirts and sweats look uniformly mediocre, and so light that I could actually see my hand through several of the 1920s ts.

This shirt looks so good though it won me over, even if it isn't a real reproduction. It reminds me more of something from Heller's/Warehouse, but even more convincing.

It even looked good on a hanger blowing gently in the wind:

5554163853_43b05d39ff_b.jpg

In fact, I've never see... Oh, wait. Shit. Did I just buy some poetry?

Another potentially amazing piece from LVC that appears to only be available on this Swedish website and is ruined by distressing (looked at the torn fabric along the bottom!!!).

http://www.meadowweb.com/en/art/lvc-sunset-coat-cinnamon.php

But now it has a "really genuine look"! It says, "Even though that brier patch did a number on my pockets, I've conquered the woods and now I'm ready for the city."