Levi's Vintage Clothing

5575363737_87206f79a1_o.jpg

Love that shirt Roy6, but agree with SLAB, not something I would wear. Especially like the detailling on the sleeves and gussets.

I'm sure that a shirt very similar to this one (colour was gold/mustard) was available when Lvc was just starting out?

Maybe someone out there may remember? There was a undershirt and matching bottoms ....

???

You could buy this jacket to wear with your shirt -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vtg-Polo-Ralph-Lauren-Denim-Jean-Flight-80s-Jacket-L-/200592596430?pt=Vintage_Women_s_Clothing&hash=item2eb4401dce

:)

Here are some pics of my latest pickup. A 1920's 201 555 dated to june 1999. These are near new and show no signs of wear. Picked them up for a steal in this condition. Excuse the crappy late night pics.

It's tagged 30x36 but it actually measures 31.5x34 1/4.

th_PICT3298.jpg

th_PICT3296.jpg

th_PICT3294.jpg

th_PICT3288.jpg

th_PICT3285.jpg

Those are really nice. I've had a pair of those 20s 201s 555 for years and the really break in nicely.

Heres what mine look like now

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

ALL of the broken in jeans on this thread and the Cultizm Comp thread make me green with envy. What do you do to get them so good?

I have a desk job (which I wear my LVC too most days) and wear them all other days out and about or round the house but have had no success like you lot with my LVC - what am I doing wrong?!?

ALL of the broken in jeans on this thread and the Cultizm Comp thread make me green with envy. What do you do to get them so good?

I have a desk job (which I wear my LVC too most days) and wear them all other days out and about or round the house but have had no success like you lot with my LVC - what am I doing wrong?!?

You probably are not doing anything wrong. It just takes time.

For instance, these are a pair of 47s that I have had since 2006. They are nowhere near as broken in as Airfrog's 201s, and I didn't feel like they showed any wear until almost a full year in (I'm a student with a desk job, so it took me quite some time to break these in).

<a  href=http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5174/5579627650_9ddb871085_z.jpg' alt='5579627650_9ddb871085_z.jpg'>Picture 846 by ray.wendolowski, on Flickr[/img]

I know I'm not doing anything special with my jeans. I work a desk job, I put the jeans on in the morning, taking 'em off around 14 hours later, repeat daily, wash every four to six weeks.

I think a lot of what you're seeing in the cutlizm thread is guys who aren't afraid to wash their jeans. As far as I know, only one or two guys posting pix for the contest are going months on end without washing. The rest are washing regularly, and some pretty often. I know that goes against what's considered the norm here, but personally I think washing benefits the denim and the fades rather than hurts it.

I know I'm not doing anything special with my jeans. I work a desk job, I put the jeans on in the morning, taking 'em off around 14 hours later, repeat daily, wash every four to six weeks.

I think a lot of what you're seeing in the cutlizm thread is guys who aren't afraid to wash their jeans. As far as I know, only one or two guys posting pix for the contest are going months on end without washing. The rest are washing regularly, and some pretty often. I know that goes against what's considered the norm here, but personally I think washing benefits the denim and the fades rather than hurts it.

Very true, I've washed my contest pair several times, and I am seeing much more fading compared to pairs that I went a year or more without washing. It's up to how you want to wear them and how you want to treat them. And I would follow Setterman's advice, his jeans consistently look fantastic.

Very true, I've washed my contest pair several times, and I am seeing much more fading compared to pairs that I went a year or more without washing. It's up to how you want to wear them and how you want to treat them. And I would follow Setterman's advice, his jeans consistently look fantastic.

cheers both - I have pairs on rotation which prob doesn't help

I keep'm outta water as much as I can for the first year or so. These 20s 201s were preowned and already had one soak when I got them but I did go about 6 months or so before the next soak. I've had these for years and were my daily wearers but these have been washed no soap or dryer many times now though. I have a pair of 1901s that are getting some wear now that have yet to hit water. Should give them a soak about Thanksgiving. Nothing to really show yet but will get some photos in a couple months. I posted the 555 20s 201s to show how nice they break in.

cheers both - I have pairs on rotation which prob doesn't help

Nah, it doesn't. ;-) Need a good seven or eight months of dedicated wear (5 to 6 days a week) to get 'em started on the right path before rotating.

^^ The quality of the 333 is fine, the denim and hardware are interesting, very different from other LVC models.

They are hugely over-sized, though. I had a pair marked "34", which should have measured around 32 after shrinkage- they measured 37". So get actual measurements.

^^ The quality of the 333 is fine, the denim and hardware are interesting, very different from other LVC models.

They are hugely over-sized, though. I had a pair marked "34", which should have measured around 32 after shrinkage- they measured 37". So get actual measurements.

Yes they are very full. Paul said somewhere that the denim is really different from all other LVCs too. I almost picked up another pair size down a while back. I wish I had of now.

Pre Soak

IMAG0286-1-1.jpg

Post Soak

DSC01294-1.jpg

i'm guessing those are 47's but the pockets are big like on the 67' 505. if those are the 47's i've never seen any with back pockets that big. looks good though, but they usually run smaller.

How did you size those? The pockets look huge for 47s

that's what i said earlier. they look like pockets on the 67 505. i figure either there's been a change or they used pockets for a larger sized pair by mistake. they don't look bad though, just unusual on a 47. i rather like the large pockets on my 505's.