Levi's Vintage Clothing

I know the OT's are mostly crap, I just might consider a pair for sentimental reasons, used to wear 'm in the seventies and eighties when I was growing up.

stratos i would look for the LVC raw OT 1971 517's those are nice i have a pair and really like them but they're usually expensive.

My waist size is 30, if I were to buy a pair of '44 501 w28, when it shrinks, would they be too small?

Well, they should start at 29" and stretch back out to that if you stretch the waist while they're still wet. I think you'll probably be okay.

@Colgems: what can you make out of this from a pair of 516 flares:

Made in Romania

00516 0479 34X34

148504 5201 0579

Levi Strauss EMEA

Brussels Belgium

Screen on the left front pocket inside says 'for 140 years', referring to 1850; so I would guess they're early nineties.

@Colgems: what can you make out of this from a pair of 516 flares:

Made in Romania

00516 0479 34X34

148504 5201 0579

Levi Strauss EMEA

Brussels Belgium

Screen on the left front pocket inside says 'for 140 years', referring to 1850; so I would guess they're early nineties.

stratos i don't know on that one. sorry.

I have a 555 Valencia St pair of these 1971 517's for cheap. If someone wants them P.M me. they are 31x30's from 1999.

[url="P2190021.jpg"

fashion before function? no a little function before fashion. i used to wear wrangler's exclusively because they were cheap and tough and dark. but these levis more than replace the wranglers.

5358700098_aa8cf6d125_b.jpg

LVC Japan chore coat. They made two '20s hickory stripe models, one a true cut, this one is slim fit & has a nice wash, laundered and faded looking but no "repairs". I'm kind of torn about the tailoring aspect of this and some of the recent LVC pieces- not authentic, but a lot more wearable.

I havethese boots as well and am wondering what polish you used and how you applied it to get the desired affect? Have you seen the Cherry ones? Thanks for the feedback. What type of denim are in the photo?

yeah amazing boots, someone has them for sale in my size (the cordovan edition!!) but I cant afford the asking price which is still ridiculously overpriced imo (even second hand)

I got this pair at about 1/3rd retail at a consignment shop, otherwise I'd have never afforded them either.

They are incredibly comfortable, but could use more arch support as they are very flat soled. My only quibble, but easily fixed with an ortho.

Not a big fan of pre-distressed jeans, but I like the '47 "Clifford Rock".

Something about the arcs on the raw '47 bothers me.... too yellow maybe?

Not a big fan of pre-distressed jeans, but I like the '47 "Clifford Rock".

Something about the arcs on the raw '47 bothers me.... too yellow maybe?

maybe i haven't kept up with the times. but i can't see the sense in paying $325 for faded & repaired jeans. i'll take em' raw: cheaper and they will last longer.

maybe i haven't kept up with the times. but i can't see the sense in paying $325 for faded & repaired jeans. i'll take em' raw: cheaper and they will last longer.

I said I like 'em, I didn't say I'd buy a pair. ;-) Well, if they were on sale for like $100....

Only pre-distressed item I'd honestly consider would be a denim jacket. I only get to wear one so often, so they take a long time to break in and fade. And a brand new, dark blue jacket looks kinda dumb with a pair of faded jeans that have over a year's worth of wear in them.

I was looking for the timeline of Levi's history on the Levi Strauss website and discovered this video. It has an interview with Lynn Downey and extensive shots of the Nevada and Homer jeans. There are four other related videos, but I haven't watched them yet.

Part 2 of this video, Levi's as America: A Riveting Icon, features someone named Paul Trynka. He seems to know a lot about the history of jeans.