**post soak

waist: 34

inseam: 34

knee: 9.5

hem: 8.75

thigh: 12

front rise: 12.5

back rise: 16

soaked for 2hrs in luke warm water then hand washed for about a minute in cold water.

they're actually pretty trim in the legs and upper thigh area. I think I might be a little more comfortable in a 33 cause of the thighs. I sized these the way I did my 37s and SC47s, but the cut is very very different then both the 37 and 47. the thighs on the later jeans kinda balloon out a little just past the waist band, where the 1915s are very straight all the way from the top.

Thank you Roy, for your kind words.

No more are my blanket-linings wet. I feel full of a renewed inner strength thanks to my fellow denim heads.

011-1.jpg

Those 551ZXX's are awesome. I wear a pair occasionally and have another DS pair tucked away. The rise is a little low for me but that may be because of the waist which has stretched as they have only been gently washed once. They are the slimmest fitting jeans I would care to wear, but apart from a tiny zipper, they are beautifull in every way.

Another sufu member, rnrswitch, has a pair with a talon zipper apparently - Would you be so kind as to tell me the date of manufacturer on yours and what type of zipper is fitted?

Somehow I have accumulated the following since 1999

1873 1st blue jean

1920s 201 (Valencia St and 2005 isue)

1944 Several pairs

1955 Sveral pairs

My wife puts up with it though.

Nice collection Rob,

I'm glad your wife puts up with it, have you managed to get her a pair too?

Could we have some nice pix of your Lvc stash? Are they all worn/washed, or are you a bit of a hoarder like some of us here?

@ Fardin, yeah they are my 101LJ's. Sorry for the repost pic, but I Loove 'em too much!

She has 3 pairs of 1947.Mainly Valencia St issues she got for pennies in sales.

These are mine 1999-2005.I think I psoted it a few years ago. I have added a couple of pairs of 1955, a 1966 ad 1983.

I stopped buying the preshrunk/predistressed stuff at around this time.

pb0300584jj.jpg

I also have

506,S506 and 507 jackets.

No, I think they're new this season. I know nothing about them, except someone did mention they're a 20s repro, and cut very wide.

I had a quick look at them and I believe they're a 2nd re-issue of the original Valencia street 1918 chinos (I think they did a light blue version in '05 or '06 too?). Nice details - early concave suspender/brace buttons and that oddly-placed belt loop in front of the top waistband button. Especially like the early black and gold woven label which has " Levis Strauss & co" embroidered into it.

Not my cup of tea, but if you're into chinos, a nice repro nonetheless.

hey erk those are the DOCKERS K1. i have posted this link long time ago. but here is it again. you can see all the differen styles. i have no idea how accurate they are. in an interview i read with lynn downey she says that the guys in charge of the production spend a lot of time in the achives. thats the link to the interviw

http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2009/08/24/asked-answered-levi-strauss-co/

and here the link to the dockers

http://www.volls.de/index.php?lang=DEU&list=DOCKERS

the on in the pic is i guess the 1927

I was thinking exactly that. Look at the repro fabric, worn in, and it's really close to the originals, but the pockets are all wrong on the current LVC. These look really close to the pocket shape on my 1901, but the pockets on the new version of the 1901, 1915 and 1917 are way too long.

THese are the old Indigo Immortal, much closer than the present 1901:

IMG_0543.jpg

Thanks for the Lynn Downey interview link. Something that has always baffled me now makes sense. I was always curious why the "Yuma Indian" pictured in Paul's book and elsewhere seems to have two waistbands: because he does. He's wearing waist overalls over his regular pants. I think I'll start wearing my Knappaves over my dress pants. It could be a whole new trend in authentic historical dressing.

Question on sizing for the latest run of '55's.

I'm going to order from the Farinelli's website, but I was confused about the actual measurements they show on the website. I'm a true 32 waist so I figured I should go with a tagged 34 waist as per most people's recommendation.

It says that the tagged 34 waist actually measures 36". Will I really get 4 inches of shrinkage in the waist? Should I get the size 32 (which measures 34") to account for 2-3 inches of shrinkage then an inch or so of stretch?

Thanks.

Thanks for the info, Paul T. I actually got the advice to go with a tagged 34 from Mauro Farinelli who owns the place is a member over at styleforum.net. I was really surprised when he told me to go with a tagged size 34 (which his site says measures 36"). Seems like that would have been a huge mistake.

I would like the waist to be pretty snug, but I don't want to have to wear them tight for a month so they'll stretch out. I'm thinking about going true to size (tagged 32, measures 34). Is that recommended?

I would like the waist to be pretty snug, but I don't want to have to wear them tight for a month so they'll stretch out. I'm thinking about going true to size (tagged 32, measures 34). Is that recommended?

I would go with the tagged 32 and you can attempt to control some of the shrinking if you are worried about them being too small. If you get a tagged 34 true 36, even with boiling soaks you might not reach your desired 32"

Another sufu member, rnrswitch, has a pair with a talon zipper apparently - Would you be so kind as to tell me the date of manufacturer on yours and what type of zipper is fitted?

Hey Doc, my zxx are labeled as having been made in Feb. 1998. They are stamped 555 and have a YKK zipper.

I wasn't familiar with this model when I found this pair, so I looked it up on sufu. The conversation I found had this model as being a repro of Levi's first sanforized jean from the early '60s (63?). Does that sound right?

Thanks for the info, Paul T. I actually got the advice to go with a tagged 34 from Mauro Farinelli who owns the place is a member over at styleforum.net. I was really surprised when he told me to go with a tagged size 34 (which his site says measures 36"). Seems like that would have been a huge mistake.

Yes, I think he's wrong, and he's not been dealing LVC for long, has he?

WHat I was suggesting is going true to size, actual size. If you take a 32 jean, you could wear one that is actually sized at 32 (not tagged 32) which is probably a 30 tag size. THat's what I did on the jeans shown.

You could buy the 32 tagged jeans, sized 34, and they will be a more generous fit... probably, at a guess, slightly larger than the 55 that Superscore wears so well on this thread. WHichever you do, do of course email them and get them to check the actual size.

I only suggest TTS, actual or measured size, on the 55 because the top box is quite generous; the wiast will need to stretch back out (I used a piece of wood to stop it shirnking) but the thighs, crotch etc will still be relatively roomy. AS I have posted here before, my 32 W 55 (actual dry size 32) are much roomier than my 34 W 47 (actual dry size 33) - there are comparison photos on the 501 visual guide thread.

Hope that makes sense, holla if not!