Levi's Vintage Clothing

Im a newbie here and have recently been reading some of the back posts in detail. I have also recieved and examined my first pair of LVC (and and Eco big e made with the usa North Carolina looms) as well as some other brands such as Sugar Cane.

am i wrong or is there a general consesus that levis is not as focused on the LVC or as dedicated to making it the premium sub brand that it could? If that is the case i was wondering why someone at levis has not consulted with or hired one of the ultra cultist japanese experts to review the lvc brand and make improvements or suggestions.

I see this is buisness all the time. when one company lacks the specific expertise they go and hire --at least one time at first-- a dedicated person to work the project. Then if it takes off they can hire such person permanantly.

It would certainly seem that levis the company has a massive quanity of scale to make a LVC product as best as it could for more then a fair price. Or for even an obscene price if it wanted to ....

just thinking

Kbuzz, I think Levi's did exactly that when they set up LVC. They included people from the japanese market who had a very good idea of what was needed. But over the last five years I think it's become more of an orphan - the same is true of their RED range, which at one time was terrific, a huge influence on Michiko Koshino, True religion, even Miss Sixty, but again seems to have gone on the back burner.

the 1890s i won on ebay finally arrived today. they fit pretty good before the soak, except for the anti-fit but thats expected. they are soaking right now, and the fit is exactly like the frisbee site says. http://www.rakuten.co.jp/frisbee/419331/1769649/

overall i approve.

wow this denim is so thin. going from samurai to this is gonna take some getting used to. i went the opposite of tradition, hot soak and machine dry and they shrunk like crazy. they are not skin tight but they are alot tighter than i would have expected.

wow this denim is so thin. going from samurai to this is gonna take some getting used to. i went the opposite of tradition, hot soak and machine dry and they shrunk like crazy. they are not skin tight but they are alot tighter than i would have expected.

9 oz, just like the original ones.

Hi folks, as you can see from some posts in the past few weeks im a newbie. I ordered a hardwash 66 from hinoya and while it may offend purists, i think the color, fading and feel are spectacular. (im older with kids and dont have so much wear time to break more then one pair in at a time)

Anyway, does anyone know if the hinoya's "36" which is also the tagged size, is a true 36 or like a STF 36- so its really a 34ish. I tried them on and was surprised by how tight they were even though they measure 36. They really feel more like a 34. Odd b/c my Sugar cane 36s which also measure a true 36 are huge.

I love the lvcs hard wash and want to keep them. Can i expect some significant waist stretch here on the hard wash. Or are the done. They still have the tags and i dont want to sell em....but dont want to bust the top button either...lol

I made a newbie mistake by going too agressively on some purchases direct from Japan. So if anyone wants a LVC 501 1966, dark distressed, NEW WITH TAGS (tagged 36 and measures 34). Please let me know. I will also trade for any 501 LVC 35-36

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/c/0000000283/

I apologize if this is against the rules as cross-link to the supermarket area. If so I will remove.

Noob question but can someone please help. But anyway .. does the model of the jean have the same cut no matter what year it is? Like some guy up there said the 67 505s are slim .. would lets say a 42 (i dont even know if theres such thing) 505s be the same fit? or not. Can someone please explain to me the whole year/model deal?

Noob question but can someone please help. But anyway .. does the model of the jean have the same cut no matter what year it is? Like some guy up there said the 67 505s are slim .. would lets say a 42 (i dont even know if theres such thing) 505s be the same fit? or not. Can someone please explain to me the whole year/model deal?

okay, first there was the 551zxx, these were the first preshrunked jean, introduced in 1962 I guess, then in 1967 Levi´s changed the lot number into 505, these 505s hadn´t been changed its fit for years, not as the 501s which started baggy to become slim in the 40s and getting looser in the 50s again, then slimmer in the 60s...

If we're talking reissues, it depends on the jeans. IN general, the 501 reissues come in around half a dozen different cuts, from 1920s (wide) to 1947 (slim). The other reissues, like the 505, generally come in just the one cut, but the recent 505 is apparently slimmer than some previous versions, thanks to the current craze for skinny jeans.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mates,

today I found a vintage Levis from the 1950s but it was in bad condition, a very light blue with non nice fading, the leather like patch was missing, aswell as the arcuates, the buttons were rusted, the hem was opened etc. pp. but the price was 20€ (about 30-35$), so what do you think, shall I go back and get em, do think anybody would pay good price for it on ebay?

Thanks a lot!

Figured this was the right thread to post to with all the LVC experience in here - did many searches but to no avail. Here's my question: I'm set on getting a pair of raw '47 501s and have tried on both a 33 and a 32 waist can't decide which to get. I plan on soaking but I know these will stretch again so I don't want to go too baggy. I'm worried the 33 will fit nice in the waist but I've got skinny legs and it'll be too baggy. The 32 on the othe rhand may get way too tight on the waist. Can anyone with 47 experience give some advice as to what size I should go for? I've got a 32" in waist. Thanks.

Hey mates,

today I found a vintage Levis from the 1950s but it was in bad condition, a very light blue with non nice fading, the leather like patch was missing, aswell as the arcuates, the buttons were rusted, the hem was opened etc. pp. but the price was 20€ (about 30-35$), so what do you think, shall I go back and get em, do think anybody would pay good price for it on ebay?

Thanks a lot!

I guess that you can't really go wrong for 20 Euro's, even if the jeans are completely shit, you'll just have the material, make something nice out of it, or use it for patching!

Figured this was the right thread to post to with all the LVC experience in here - did many searches but to no avail. Here's my question: I'm set on getting a pair of raw '47 501s and have tried on both a 33 and a 32 waist can't decide which to get. I plan on soaking but I know these will stretch again so I don't want to go too baggy. I'm worried the 33 will fit nice in the waist but I've got skinny legs and it'll be too baggy. The 32 on the othe rhand may get way too tight on the waist. Can anyone with 47 experience give some advice as to what size I should go for? I've got a 32" in waist. Thanks.

Get the 32's. I am a 30 and I bought a 30 in the exact same jeans and they shrink a little but they definitely stretch. I have really skinny legs, and the cut is not that slim really...but I really like mine