Levi's Vintage Clothing

Do the Valencia St LVC shrink any more or less than a non LVC in the Leg? Maybe a dumb question but it is a Sunday!

Sunday, so you're bored?

THey all shrink about the same - apart from the 20s 201, the one with the linen patch, which hardly seems to shrink, and is best worn TTS, or even sized down an inch.

Sunday, so you're bored?

THey all shrink about the same - apart from the 20s 201, the one with the linen patch, which hardly seems to shrink, and is best worn TTS, or even sized down an inch.

yeah the 20s 201s don't shrink as much as cone neither do the early repro'd years made with Japanese denim like the 1880s, 1886s, 1901s, 1917s etc. There is not all the much shrinkage when compared to the cone denim of the e47s 55s 1915s etc....

Thats my experience anyway.

Sunday, so you're bored?

Just web shopping!!

Cheers Paul an airfrogmc for the advice, seen a pair of 36 inch (measured) inside leg 55 Valencia st. But don't want to risk them ending up anything under 33.5 inches post shrink for the cost over a non Valencia st.

Where are you selling this stuff? ebay???

A couple of collectors emailed me (after seeing stuff i had for sale on ebay) asking what other 555 stuff I had. When i told them what I had and also that it was not for sale, they kept making me offers that I couldn't refuse.

They still keep emailing me (they're after 55's and 201's in 36 waist) but I wont sell any more just yet.

I was really pleased about the 1886's, regardless of their rarity and inaccuracies.

Cool...I wish I had purchsed more Valencia St. stuff when I had the chance...I really only got into LVC right after the plant closed down...I only have one pair of '47s and a type II jacket

Yeah me too Shorty, I only got into wearing Lvc in late 1999, but didn't start collecting (to keep) until the factory changeover in 2002/3. It took me ten years to collect about 20 or so pieces of 555 stuff.

Yet it's taken me 3 months to offload over half of it.

^^True, the 555 stuff has been going for a lot more lately. Everything 555 I've sold has gone for a lot more than I expected. I have a pair of (essentially) rigid 555 1890s up on ebay now starting at a good price that have a bid on them, even without tags.

Makes sense, for a lot of reasons.

I have a pair of NWT 555 '55s that I've contemplated selling, but I think I want them to be my next pair to wear in instead.

^^True, the 555 stuff has been going for a lot more lately. Everything 555 I've sold has gone for a lot more than I expected. I have a pair of (essentially) rigid 555 1890s up on ebay now starting at a good price that have a bid on them, even without tags.

I have a pair of NWT 555 '55s that I've contemplated selling, but I think I want them to be my next pair to wear in instead.

Wear'm if you get chance and maybe Grant is reading this, he has an incredible pair of 1955 555s that broke in about as good as any repro I've seen.

Roy I have them on my watched list! Are the measurements on the auction post soak?

555's are the only LVC i've seen that reliably appreciates in value. i suspect in time the 554's will too. it's easy to understand as they were made in a true Levis factory that no longer exists. so they are not only garments for wear but legitimate collectables. i only have three 555 pieces and one 554, wish i had more though!

Out of curiosity I tried to compile a list of what models were produced at Valencia street. These are ones that either I or Dr_Heech have (that I know of):

1873 ducks

1873 duck jacket

1873 duck vest

1879 pleated front jacket

1890 501

'20s 201

'33 (?)

'37 201

'44 501

'44 506

'47 501

'55 501

'63 551zxx

'66 501

'67 505

'60s "white Levi's"

Who has other models with 555 stamps/tags?

Honestly, I wish I knew. Some weird lost weekend where my pants went missing?

I lost a pair of original hidden rivets once. Occasionally i remember them and cry into my beer. Mountains, crumbling to the sea...

Perhaps they eloped with your 33s?

I have two pairs of NWT 4170 47s. Is this the number ofthe Levis' San Antonio plant or am I mistaken?

no san antonio is 554. 4170 is a recent (2008 or so) made in usa contract garment not produced in a levis factory. still nice but not made in an orignal factory.

I lost a pair of original hidden rivets once. Occasionally i remember them and cry into my beer. Mountains, crumbling to the sea...

i'll bet there's a story there!

Lost as in the mrs put them somewhere around the house? or lost as in someone pinched them?

Did you send out a search party?