Levi's Vintage Clothing

that's using your noggin'

what were you watching while do that?

cheers for the nice comments and rep.HH:a german movie called "Gier" -greed- about rich idiots who cant get enough resulting in loosing it all in the end-quiete funny,and the perfect backing for some relaxing handcraft at night.;)

this was my second attempt actually.being a perfectionist sometimes i wanted to retain the original prong:

4277902881_87b4507fc5.jpg

so i TIG-welded a tiny bit of wire inbetween:

4278649742_dcbec9e4be.jpg

as didnt want to cut the threads on the strap i had opened the prong,pushed it through and bended it back:

4278650380_e2b28b50f1.jpg

4277904453_40f3aa75ab.jpg

4277905083_b2e5bb7896.jpg

4277905723_79d2fda1da.jpg

when i tried to put the buckle back i realized that i made it too perfect and filed the spikes too short.bugger!

Dropped in to see new manager at Cinch (neeb out of the loop, nearly a year).

New range will be in Feb 6, I'll post photos then. New info is that they are going to keep all, if i understnad it right, dry models current every season. There will be a lot more washes, at different pricepoints, some in the US, some done in Italy, by Martelli (who are about the best). Dan, the new manager, hasn't seen the Cone 1890s and 1880s fabric yet, which will be the big news.

They have the naturual indigo model and some Type 2 and 557 jackets on sale.

And lastly, the 505, the one with Kaihara fabric, will be the only model made overseas, in Turkey.

They have, not suprisingly, begged the LVC designers to change the cinch. WE talked a lot about the pocket details too. THis is the first time I've seen all the range in the new version, and personally I'm not at all happy with the pocket, most of them look too long to me. Tht said, if I had any money, and didn't have two 201s that need work, I would definitely buy the 1915 for the fabric alone. How cool would it be if the XX or Nevada looked as good.

Dropped in to see new manager at Cinch (neeb out of the loop, nearly a year).

New range will be in Feb 6, I'll post photos then. New info is that they are going to keep all, if i understnad it right, dry models current every season. There will be a lot more washes, at different pricepoints, some in the US, some done in Italy, by Martelli (who are about the best). Dan, the new manager, hasn't seen the Cone 1890s and 1880s fabric yet, which will be the big news.

They have the naturual indigo model and some Type 2 and 557 jackets on sale.

And lastly, the 505, the one with Kaihara fabric, will be the only model made overseas, in Turkey.

They have, not suprisingly, begged the LVC designers to change the cinch. WE talked a lot about the pocket details too. THis is the first time I've seen all the range in the new version, and personally I'm not at all happy with the pocket, most of them look too long to me. Tht said, if I had any money, and didn't have two 201s that need work, I would definitely buy the 1915 for the fabric alone. How cool would it be if the XX or Nevada looked as good.

Interesting news, Paul, may have to pop up to Cinch in Feb - my birthday's on the 8th (42!) so maybe buy meself a prezzie or two. The new manager into Levis then?

The 1890 and 1880 in cone fabric? (why?)

..look forward to that regardless...

Your right about the 1915, regardless of personal opinions on pockets/details/etc - the fabric is outstanding!

Forget the XX or nevada, I want them to make an accurate 1922 model with that denim - that would look good!

I'm not sure I understand correctly. Did you see the new range at Cinch? You said it wouldn't be in until Feb. 6, but then you go on to say this:

Is this quote in reference to the upcoming line (Spring) or last season?

I'm not sure I understand correctly. Did you see the new range at Cinch? You said it wouldn't be in until Feb. 6, but then you go on to say this:

Is this quote in reference to the upcoming line (Spring) or last season?

Sorry I was unclear, I was referring to last season, haven't seen new season & it sounds like Cinch haven't had samples.

Interesting news, Paul, may have to pop up to Cinch in Feb - my birthday's on the 8th (42!) so maybe buy meself a prezzie or two. The new manager into Levis then?

The 1890 and 1880 in cone fabric? (why?)

..look forward to that regardless...

Your right about the 1915, regardless of personal opinions on pockets/details/etc - the fabric is outstanding!

Forget the XX or nevada, I want them to make an accurate 1922 model with that denim - that would look good!

Shit doc if those (1922) were accurate I would buy a pair to. I would also spring for a correct pair of 1953s.

Shit doc if those (1922) were accurate I would buy a pair to. I would also spring for a correct pair of 1953s.

Imagine.. The denim from the 1915's, take the good bits from the 1927's, and the 643M 1901's and bang - you've got a potential winner!

we can dream...

Why the 53 model? What you like about it?

If I were going for another 50's repro, it would have to be the 1958 model - lots of yellow stitch, 50's shape and an off-set belt loop.

Imagine.. The denim from the 1915's, take the good bits from the 1927's, and the 643M 1901's and bang - you've got a potential winner!

we can dream...

Why the 53 model? What you like about it?

If I were going for another 50's repro, it would have to be the 1958 model - lots of yellow stitch, 50's shape and an off-set belt loop.

I would like the basic 55 which is a good repro and add the leather patch.

I would definitely spring for a 22 if it had the right shaped pockets, denim as good as the 15s and correct details.

Can anyone explain these???

http://www.e-levi.jp/shop/mens/item/list/category_id/244

I was thinking they're old stock from the early LVC collections (the garment tag has "Made in SF, USA", but they're under a different category than the LVC. Anyone have insight??? I would LOVE to get a pair of the '70 517s for my wife.

this is strange, to me it seems that lvc japan reproced their own repros from 1999, they totally look like the great stuff we could by early years ago, the only different from a 555 is the denim, watch out the 551s i had several pairs, the denim from 555s is more furry...

^Same here, a pair of 55's is still on my wishlist but I'm afraid I need them in size 30/36 cuz' they run bigger in the waist. Any other sizing advisings for the 55's? Btw, I'm not able to open the other pictures at cultizm.com (got Windows 7 since 2 weeks)...ideas?

email Dejan and I'm sure he can help you with sizing.

contacted the guys at cultizm this weekend and received an interesting response. the sizing on the 55s is completely fubar -- size 34 is true to tag, while the size 36 is 2" larger than tag. dirk informed me that the sizing is different for all of the sizes, so beware. way to get it right, levis.