Levi's Vintage Clothing

The standard history of Levi's always states that the rivets on the back pockets were covered in 1937 to avoid scratching saddles and furniture. While I don't doubt this rational since the covered rivet detail must cost more to execute than the exposed version, I was wondering if anyone wearing an LVC reproduction of an early model with exposed rivets has actually scratched a piece of furniture or anything else. Sometimes I think I must be crazy when I put down a towel before sitting on my leather-covered dining room chairs!

The standard history of Levi's always states that the rivets on the back pockets were covered in 1937 to avoid scratching saddles and furniture. While I don't doubt this rational since the covered rivet detail must cost more to execute than the exposed version, I was wondering if anyone wearing an LVC reproduction of an early model with exposed rivets has actually scratched a piece of furniture or anything else. Sometimes I think I must be crazy when I put down a towel before sitting on my leather-covered dining room chairs!

I don't have any early replica LVCs but I have scratched car doors while trying to wedge between two cars with exposed back pocket rivets.

I've scratched a piece or two, and a wall when wedging between something.

Leather would be okay.

I always wondered about those (to me) stupid flap pockets on jeans today with that huge metal button on it.

that denim is sanforized, meaning it won't shrink more than 1-3%. I would get your normal size.

Can anyone give me a heads up on the sizing on this -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250515991524&_trksid=p2759.l1259 -- I wear a Medium -- should I get the Large or XL and hot shrink to Med.? I contacted the seller but they have yet to get back to me. So I figure I ask here. Paul T & Co what do you think?

Paul,

cant find the 201 thread, but just bagged a pair of the distressed 1915 201 (vault?) from a few years ago, for £40 ! Really hoping they fit, as the sizing on that model is a bit vague.

They look very worn/washed-out, with repairs, bright orange stitching and an earlier two horse linen patch.

QUOTE]

They arrived today and are a perfect fit . The details on them are incredible, and (I never thought I'd say this but..) - so's the ' finish ' !

Will post pics soon.

Guest jbone45

Hey guys,

I dont know where else to put this other then the supermarket but it crashes my computer so...

I got a pair of 1915 501 Raw 30x34 brand new never worn or soaked that are up for trade/sale for cheap. I purchased these from cultizm for the LVC contest but they are just a little too small for me and I would like the 1955/1937 cut if anyone has a 32 waist in either of them. I got pictures if anyone is interested shoot me a message.

Hey guys,

I dont know where else to put this other then the supermarket but it crashes my computer so...

I got a pair of 1915 501 Raw 30x34 brand new never worn or soaked that are up for trade/sale for cheap. I purchased these from cultizm for the LVC contest but they are just a little too small for me and I would like the 1955/1937 cut if anyone has a 32 waist in either of them. I got pictures if anyone is interested shoot me a message.

You could cross post this to the Lvc cultizm contest thread - might find someone there willing to trade.

Hey guys,

What's the actual size on these? I have a pair of 32W 1947 if that's of any interest...

Guest jbone45
What's the actual size on these? I have a pair of 32W 1947 if that's of any interest...

They are tagged 30x34 but measure actually 32" in waist. I have already owned two pairs of 1947's and I'm looking for something with a fuller fit like a 1955.. thanks for the offer though.

Paul,

cant find the 201 thread, but just bagged a pair of the distressed 1915 201 (vault?) from a few years ago, for £40 ! Really hoping they fit, as the sizing on that model is a bit vague.

They look very worn/washed-out, with repairs, bright orange stitching and an earlier two horse linen patch.

QUOTE]

They arrived today and are a perfect fit . The details on them are incredible, and (I never thought I'd say this but..) - so's the ' finish ' !

Will post pics soon.

I had a pair of those and a shirt that came with them a few years back. They are nice.

Just took these of my latest find,

dont know if pics have been posted before - 1915 201 from spring 2006

.1915201004.jpg

1915201005.jpg

Nice aged patch, just make out the 201

1915201006.jpg

1915201007.jpg

The garb

1915201008.jpg

The 'historical garment' line

1915201009.jpg

The spotted flaw

1915201011.jpg

Found these in the watch pocket. Nice stitching contrast.

1915201014.jpg

'Distressed' finish is more believable than most Ive seen.

1915201013.jpg

Nice buckle, early button and offset two-piece waistband

1915201012.jpg

more to come...

There's a ton of LVC 40% off at Oki-ni. You have to use the code SEASONEND under 'Additional Services' during checkout. Here is the stuff that it works on. Most LVC is on page 2.

Once again, I would have bought a pair of oldest oldests, but I usually wear 32/34 in jeans, and they only had 34/34 :( The consensus around here seems to be go true to size, but post-shrinking, the 34s should measure 33, and my fully stretched jeans are 34-35 in the waist. Worth a try?

There's a ton of LVC 40% off at Oki-ni. You have to use the code SEASONEND under 'Additional Services' during checkout. Here is the stuff that it works on. Most LVC is on page 2.

Once again, I would have bought a pair of oldest oldests, but I usually wear 32/34 in jeans, and they only had 34/34 :( The consensus around here seems to be go true to size, but post-shrinking, the 34s should measure 33, and my fully stretched jeans are 34-35 in the waist. Worth a try?

I think the 34 would be way too big in the waist. I bought a 32 and it measures about 36" (BiG style) in the waist after two soaks. It did shrink but stretched back right away. Didn't put them in the dryer though.

I went true to size on my '37s. The waist was a little tight at first but it stretched to a perfect fit. If you size up the legs are going to be too big, unless you are going for a looser fit.

There's some pics of a two year pair of '37s floating aroung here somewhere, but I can't find them at the moment. The denim is red-cast and fades to a royal blue like the '55s. It's not grey or grainy like the denim on the '47s.

EDIT: Here's pics Shorty Long posted of his '37s at 6 months. They really show the "true blue" color of this denim (aside from the dirt).

Here are some pictures of my '37s. I've had them for about 6 months. They were worn on-and-off for the first 3 months, and then pretty hard for the last 3. They've gone through one initial warm soak and two cold washes.

L1030207.jpg

L1030208.jpg

L1030209.jpg

L1030210.jpg

in general, LVC sizing is incredibly inconsistent and i find that most models pre-1930 usually is oversized and i usually have to size down my usual W34 (raw, to get shrinkage down to W32) all the way down W30.

that's also the reason why i've rarely bought a pair online, the fear of receiving something that i've been looking forward to only to be bummed out when i found out that the pair don't fit.