Levi's Vintage Clothing

Fair play, those pre-washed 54 z's are skank. LVC should stick to making raw only, with the occasional ltd ed such as the 1915 201 or the oldest/oldest/nevada type jean. The pre-distessing looks like half an hours work max + a couple of washes.

They look nothing like an orignal pair, which is a shame.

Two doctors on sufu now eh...?

Even if I also like dry denim more, this pair of 54's are awesome, believe me, maybe the pics didn't show their real look. But I don't care, to each his own colleague ;)

Cross-posting this for Paul T:

Good news for LVC fans.

There has been a reorganisation within Levi's, so LVC will be run as part of a new, smaller upmarket group, run from Europe. THis is the gen from a friend & LVC freak within the company. He says they've jjust finished selling the new range in. I won't be able to chase up more details until September but will follow up when I can. Please feel free to cross-post this at sufu, I've locked myself out there so I can get on with my day job.

I've seen a beautiful sample of the Cone cotton duck selvage fabric recently, this is being used on the new version of the 1873 duck pants, always a real unsung classic of the range.

Quote follows: "A quick outline of LVC organization too… the news is good.

LVC is now being looked after by the ‘Levi’sXX’ team out of Amsterdam. They have taken the best designers from Brussels and built a team that is 100% dedicated to Levi’s premium product – LVC and another range that I haven’t seen yet. In this way they have taken what was a very small part of the big Levi’s business and made it the focus of one small business. The product should now be global with the same range available across the world (inc. Japan).

As far as I can tell this should allow for better attention to detail with less pressure to cut corners (not that they did before, though it was a very small part of the bigger business). The people in the team are seriously enthusiastic about the product and process, vehemently defending any challenges to their baby, and are constantly searching out newer examples of original vintage Levi’s product – their latest being a red, full placket sunset shirt from the 1910s picked up in a store in Japan that they have reproduced for SS2010.

The line for SS2010 is fantastic…

No new news but a return for the 1873 duck canvas and closed front jumper. The 1879 spring-bottom pant is in there. 2 really beautiful half placket sunset workshirts and a few fifties and sixties shirts too.

Those 1920s chinos are coming back and a leather jacket from the 30s."

Great News!!!!!

It sounds good, a dedicated team is what's needed to get back to the research involved in authenticity, when making reproductions.

What we need is a John Chapman for the Levi's vintage clothing range !!

A line dedicated to creating historically correct period pieces, to include raw denim and other garments which are essentially clones of the originals. I know I am dreaming, but it's not out of reach for a small company like LevisXX.

Looking forward to the future seasons' collections'.

Hey

I just received a pair of 1927 LVC from this past SS09 season. I ordered a pair of 32W 34L and they are huge on me! I usually wear 32W 32L jeans (NDG, 45RPM). Should I wash em and see if they'll shrink or should I wait the customary many months before washing and just use a belt? I'm not sure if I'll ruin the future honeycombs and fades by washing em now. I kind of don't like how the seat area sticks out but everything else is great so far. Any guidance is much appreciated.

According to Paul Ts visualguide to the 501 the 1927 is 3 inches oversized. Your 32w probably measures 35" when measuring the waist b.I.g style and will most likely not shrink enough to provide u with a satisfactory fit. I'd send them back/sell them and get a 30w. U can always try it out though.

Hey

I just received a pair of 1927 LVC from this past SS09 season. I ordered a pair of 32W 34L and they are huge on me! I usually wear 32W 32L jeans (NDG, 45RPM). Should I wash em and see if they'll shrink or should I wait the customary many months before washing and just use a belt? I'm not sure if I'll ruin the future honeycombs and fades by washing em now. I kind of don't like how the seat area sticks out but everything else is great so far. Any guidance is much appreciated.

How big are they? I would say just wear'm.

I actually made it to the J.Crew release event at the Men's Store in Soho just a few days ago and snapped a few pictures with you cats in mind. The collection left me with a few impressions...1. Expensive. 2. The Sack Coat. 3. The 1937 501 jean. My ability to take pictures was limited, but here are some shots of the items mentioned above. I've included the text written on the description card of each.

1937 501s:

"One of the last authentic workwear jeans before clothes rationing during World War II. Levi's introduced covered rivets in 1937 to address customer complaints of exposed back pocket rivets scratching furniture and saddles. The rivets remained to keep pockets from ripping but were now hidden under sturdy denim."

img0322o.jpg

img0323u.jpg

img0324c.jpg

img0325eap.jpg

img0326lcz.jpg

Sack Coat (the buttons were interesting and the denim was actually surprisingly light):

"Born in the 1920's, the Sack Coat is made in lighter weight denim and is notable for its branded brass buttons."

img0327owz.jpg

img0328z.jpg

img0330i.jpg

img0331mse.jpg

FLORIAN.FLOC....... Did you see any levis 1930'3 menlo cossack jacket there in soho?

I'm almost sure that the Sack Coat was the only jacket piece they had there...that and four pairs of jeans (1937 501 included)

anyone here have experience with '67 505's?

I've got a pair - what did you want to know?

Here's a couple photos of my well worn old LVC '33 501's. They're probably about eight years old and still going strong. They're lighter weight denim which is perfect for warm humid summer days in NYC. Even though the denim is on the lighter weight side it wears quite well. On the other hand, the cotton cloth used for the front pockets tears quite easily which really sucks. As a result most of the front pockets of my early LVC have shredded front pockets.

33LVCfront.jpg

33LVCback.jpg