Levi's Vintage Clothing

As I said, I wore 47, I started to wear them about 1 month ago. a normal polo-shirt (is it the wird in english) and new balance sneakers. the fit of the jeans imo is nothing that would look creepy or odd :D

Unluckily, the store doesn't have an email adress, so that I could have written a long report about what I think. I hope the listen to me if I go there :D

Maybe I wans't scary enough. No chains or tattoos...

As I said, I wore 47, I started to wear them about 1 month ago. a normal polo-shirt (is it the wird in english) and new balance sneakers. the fit of the jeans imo is nothing that would look creepy or odd :D

Unluckily, the store doesn't have an email adress, so that I could have written a long report about what I think. I hope the listen to me if I go there :D

Maybe I wans't scary enough. No chains or tattoos...

Sounds like you simply took NO for an answer then moved on. Maybe they've had problems with shoplifters or vandals then decided to keep their good stuff under lock n' key, only to be accessed by store employees for specific customer requests. I would've reasoned with the clerk, got the full story and if he still gave me a bunch of bs, I would've then told him to fuck off then leave.

Nice -- super nice, you're one lucky basta'd. I see in foto they have well defined creases where they where folded which usually indicates true rigidity -- are they real rigid? Also appear to have great sheen and an over all authentic appearance. Would you rate the denim up ther with some of the best you've seen?

It's too bad they didn't issue a wider choice of sizes, otherwise I would've bought 2 pair. Thanks for posting the pics Airfrog!

I dont know if this have been posted or not, if so just tell me to fuck off.

it seems the number of boutiques in north america that will keep LVC will go up.

excerpt from psfk: "However, up until recently it was next to impossible to find good condition vintage (pre-1980’s) Levi’s without going overseas to clothing depots in Japan and Europe. This is all about to change, as Levi’s has recently formed an offshoot group called “XX” (meaning “extra strong”) to consolidate the company’s premium businesses. This new division will be led by the Maurizio Donadi, who is a veteran of both Diesel and RRL."

and bonus: Detail images of the Levi’s Vintage Clothing SS/10

Just got this Striped Sunset shirt from Dejan last week. Here is a pic. The shirt fits rather boxy. It is short, but wide. Still the best $99 I have spent on a new shirt ever.

waywtd2009817.jpg

looks great rnrswitch...

You should try a pair of suspender with that shirt!

Yeah, I think so too. I just need to get some suspender buttons added to all my jeans. The only pair with some that I have are my WH 660s and they are fitting slim these days.

So I got my new 1947 501s from Cultizm, shipping took 5 days to Sydney.

First impressions, i know they are STF so I'm worried that these are only about 1inch of space in the waist for me - and that means after the soak my waist/hips will be crushed with great force! I usually wear 31 in nudies and I bought a 33 in these.

So here are the jeans:

booksandjeans.jpg

Still baggy pre-soak

frontfit.jpg

And a side pic:

sidefit.jpg

Cool bonuses!

toteandbook.jpg

I've worn STF Levi's for over 35 yrs in my actual waist size. I never had a pair shrink more than 1/2 inch waist. I don't know how various LVC denims shrink, but my '37 555 lost only 1/2 inch, and my LVC JP '44s lost 1/2 after soaking once in nearly boiling hot water for an hour. The dude I got those '44s from assured me they'd lose 2 inches in waist, I took his word and ended up stuck with a pair of $285 jeans that were too large -- pissed me off. Also, I've seen a bunch of LVC come and go on Ebay where the guy selling them says, 'brand new never worn, one hot rinse, but still way too big, your loss my gain.' Needless to say, I don't buy into the standard size up 2 inches to allow for shrinkage.

Sizing is another in a long line of issues I have to add to my LVC gripe list. I mean hell, once you literally search the world over for a particular pair you want, you've got to apply some fucked up sizing formula. There always seems to be the usual fine print ; 'please note, jeans run something or another sizes larger/smaller than tag size in waist. So you're like okay, add/subtract 2 inches in waist then add/subtract 2 inches for shrinkage. Then there's the unknown factor of whether the jeans size up on actual hand measurements or or not and whether the measurements are in cm or inches. If you figure all of that out, chances are pretty good you'll still end up screwed with the wrong size. If you can't find a dealer who'll take the time to hand-measure every pair in his inventory to find your size, then getting the right size is one big crap shoot and an expensive one at that. How fucking difficult can it be to make a jean that has the correct measurements and is offered in sizes for everyone? Apparently for Levi's it is impossible.