Levi's Vintage Clothing

i thought about that website, but for me i really feel the need to try the jeans on and feel them in person. And i am mostly looking for predisstressed denims not raw and the selection of washed on cultizm is a bit dull. You also can't beat the prices in stores because stuff always goes on sale after the season

i just got off the phone with a levis person at their 800 number and as soon as i asked him about the LVC line being discontinued in the US he immediately answered "oh no sir, that line of clothing will never be discontinued. The website is just being restocked." So, I guess that means that the US line will continue. I also tend to think that whenever something changes on the website their standard answer is that its being restocked. thats what they told me when i asked them why they didn't have any 501 47s in an inseam larger than 34. Actually they told me that they would be restocked in those sizes in "a few weeks". that was probably 6 months ago.

It seems that the US stores are not going to be stocking LVC stuff anymore, or at least that is the rumor. If you go to the US site there is no longer an LVC section, which is the first time i've ever seen it disappear completely from the site.

I'd probably take that as a bad sign, but there seems to be a whole lot of wishy washyness going on, I asked around at a levi's store that carries it, and they either didn't know or said nothing was happening, but I heard about others that said that it definitely is, and there are massive sales some places...

Jpreme87 -

I called the Chicago store on Michigan Ave. They have some of the 1947 "Braindead" in stock, I only asked about 32x32, but they may have your size as well. The price was around $170 I think, which is more than I was willing to pay, so I didn't do a phone order or anything (they will do a credit card order over the phone and ship you the jeans, if you want). I had hoped they would be clearenced down; I picked up a pair of 32x32 47s in Exile last fall on clearance for $70.

Also, when I asked what LVC they had in stock, she replied "The 501 XX". Didn't seem to understand the concept of different years(47, 55, etc) until she figured out that they had the "Braindead" finish, and the tag said somewhere "1947". And then she told me to buy them, because they weren't making any LVC anymore.

Someone seriously needs to confirm or deny whether the line is being continued here in the states or not.

EDIT: Just for the hell of it, I called the San Francisco store too. I had the clerk check, and they were apparently completely out of LVC. I guess all the clearance stuff got bought up. He also volunteered that the line was being discontinued, I didn't ask but that's what he told me anyways.

i wouldn't listen to what that person said. She is probably confused.

my guess is that Levis is just removing the collection from certain stores to focus on selling it in more LVC friendly locations. I called the Levi's store in raleigh and they told me that they will no longer be carrying the LVC collection, but did not mention anything about it being discontinued. At the same time I would think the chicago store to be a good location for LVC and it doesn't make much sense for it to be pulled there.

confusing indeed.

Jpreme87 -

EDIT: Just for the hell of it, I called the San Francisco store too. I had the clerk check, and they were apparently completely out of LVC. I guess all the clearance stuff got bought up. He also volunteered that the line was being discontinued, I didn't ask but that's what he told me anyways.

well, i don't know what to think now. this is ridiculous.

It was on Levi site for LVC two weeks ago and it was there then. It's no longer there. They are pulling the line.

Edit: IDK this for fact but my retail mind tells me when you aren't planning on selling something anymore you almost always remove it from your site that you sell from along with your retailers.

Gville, NC. I went to ECU for undergrad and grad school. Fun town, if you are 18-25, or in my case 27 and looking 18. I plan on returning once I look 21 lol.

Just received the "Special Edition" rigid 1944s from cultizm (I ordered them this past Sunday!...yes, I live in the States!). Pretty impressive. I really like that they did the green herringbone fabric for the front pockets, but the best part is the nice bag and booklet that comes with it. I'll try to scan and post pictures tomorrow.

If the SF store is not doing LVC, then you can bet it's discontinued in the US. Who cares, Cultizm is cheaper.

well that depends. cause shit in stores always goes on clearance after the season and thats when it gets legit cheaper than online. extra 50% off baby:cool:.

If the SF store is not doing LVC, then you can bet it's discontinued in the US. Who cares, Cultizm is cheaper.

WE've heard from people like Farinelli's that they're stocking the range, next season I guess.

If Levi's pull LVC out of their own US stores, that might mean it will get picked up by more independents, like Cultizm. Which will probably mean better service and stock.

hey im guessing from what ive seen and read that the lvc 1947 501's dont come in size 31? which would mean that sizing up 1 might give me too slimmer look im going for and 32 would be baggier than i wanted.

Or am i just looking in the wrong places for size 31's

Odd sizes only seem to occur every few seasons, and there's none around at the moment. My late 2006 47 seem to have shrunk less on first wash than the previous ones; I think you will be fine if you size up by one inch. Wear them as they dry , and cold wash in future, to ensure they're not too tight.

It's possible that the levis stores will stop stocking LVC if they haven't been selling well, or if they want to refocus on their core business of selling huge amounts of jeans at a relatively low markup.

But I doubt seriously that they will cut off LVC to wholesale account holders like Barneys who, by and large, are more upscale than the levi's stores and can handle the higher price-point.

At the same time I would think the chicago store to be a good location for LVC and it doesn't make much sense for it to be pulled there.

confusing indeed.

I used to work at the Chicago location as recently as August 08. No one really comes in looking for LVC. It was a product you literally had to "sell", maybe get on your knees, do some backflips etc. When I got hired in September 07, we still had LVC stock from possibly two seasons past. When the LVC 517s got marked down to 50, we still couldn't get rid of them, people were too busy looking at pre-distressed 514s.

can anyone do me a pickup on the 47 501's on special. pleaseee
could someone please do me a pickup on the lvc 1947 501xx's

dude, quit being lazy as hell. Pick up the phone, call up levi's and have them ship a pair to you. Not hard at all

I talked to the Alabama store and the still had a few pairs of the 47 left in 32x34 and 31x34. Their number is 205-967-2065.

I've been trying to find a 34 waist in 47's so if anybody knows where I can get them, I would appreciate the tip. Also, if anybody knows a store that carries the 1955's (in any sizes), I would appreciate that info also. Thanks.