A.P.C.

jeepster

I think in general its less common, and therefore more expensive, to see black selvage denim. Just from personal experience, I haven't seen black selvage from anywhere near APC's price point. The quality and weight of the denim still seems good though.

Even if normal (indigo) NCs are made from the exact same denim as NSs (if the cloth starts with a selvage line), the selvage line would be lost because of the cut of the leg makes keeping it unreasonable. Technically it's no longer a selvage jean, even if the original cloth was selvage, since the weft threads don't double back (they've been cut and have to be sewn tight to prevent fraying).

Just as a note, its possible to have quality denim without it necessarily being selvage.

Recently i bought 2 Petit Standards, one in Tokyo (blue), and one in Hongkong (black). Look at the diiferent..Should just stick to buying in Tokyo.

Tokyo bought Above,

Hongkong bought Below.

IMG_0088.jpg

looks like redline selvage to me....

edit: also i wanted to make the point that theres a SLIGHT difference between a jean that is made from selvage denim and a selvage jean. In one case, that nice pretty edge is preserved. Most people find that small little detail aesthetically pleasing and so it's something that is marketed.

I think in general its less common, and therefore more expensive, to see black selvage denim. Just from personal experience, I haven't seen black selvage from anywhere near APC's price point. The quality and weight of the denim still seems good though.

Even if normal (indigo) NCs are made from the exact same denim as NSs (if the cloth starts with a selvage line), the selvage line would be lost because of the cut of the leg makes keeping it unreasonable. Technically it's no longer a selvage jean, even if the original cloth was selvage, since the weft threads don't double back (they've been cut and have to be sewn tight to prevent fraying).

Just as a note, its possible to have quality denim without it necessarily being selvage.

+rep for truth and logic (as soon as i can rep...).

yeah, the word selvage literally means that the threads' edges have been sewn with the "selvage line" to prevent it from unraveling. so... yeah.

nice fit. how much wear do you have on those? mine started out embarrassingly tight and have stretched out considerably (you can see the fit pic i posted a couple pages back). i wouldn't recommend sizing down any more than 2.

did they stretch out much below the knee? it's that area that is bothering me more.

curious that the blacks aren't really selvage... you sure the selvage line isn't hidden under the thread?

No, no selvage line hiden under those thread, i just checked it.

Thanks for the explanation man.

did they stretch out much below the knee? it's that area that is bothering me more.

they stretched below the knee but not nearly as much as the waist. mostly the denim softened and fell more naturally. as you can see in the picture there isn't all that much room down there. these jeans were made for people with foal legs.

no need to size down any further. after they stretch, they should fill out the rest of the silhouette nicely. your frame looks larger up top; you don't want the legs to look like toothpicks

I barely fit into my 29 ACNEs but I fit into my 28 New Cures perfectly. Bizarre. Could always do more meth.

I've fallen in love with this picture and these jeans in particular. I know they are APC i just don't know which model, i saved the picture a while ago when i saw it and can't remember for the life of me who it is in the picture, i've trawled through WAYWT in search of the post but can't find it; i'm hoping maybe someone can identify which model this pair of jeans (on the left) is and any sizing advice to get them like this?! Thanks!

103ak3l.jpg

I've fallen in love with this picture and these jeans in particular. I know they are APC i just don't know which model, i saved the picture a while ago when i saw it and can't remember for the life of me who it is in the picture, i've trawled through WAYWT in search of the post but can't find it; i'm hoping maybe someone can identify which model this pair of jeans (on the left) is and any sizing advice to get them like this?! Thanks!

fit on those looks like crap...

i sized down 1 on my petit..i love the fit alot..but im afraid that they will stretch too much..should i size down one more?

what's your height/weight? are you sure those are sized down 1? i sized down 2 and they started off like leggings. those look more like true to size, at least...