A.P.C.

jeepster

Hello all, very informative post.

I just received my first pair of APC's. I'm 5'11, 175 lbs. (athletic body type, nh).

I'm a sz. 32 waist and sized down to a 29. I'm a little nervous. I can't even button one button. I sized down three because I read up a lot on people who went down two, wishing they went down three sizes.

Is not being able to get one button done normal? Did I go too small? I've been wearing them since I got them around the house trying to stretch them walking and doing awkward stretches.

Any help is appreciated.

you probably should have sized down 2. but you should post fit pics.

Hmm...really? Won't stretch that much? Anybody else have opinions? I'd like some more help before I send back and exchange for a 30.

Basically how people size with APC is this: 3 down for tight jeans, 2 down for skinny jean but not skin tight, 1 down for slightly baggy and true size for baggy.

You should be able to button at least one of the buttons. Use a tape measure to measure your waste. I'm guessing your true waist is something like a 33. Thats how it is with me. I usually get size 32 in non raw-denim but its tight and after some wear the loosen up.

I would try to return them or sell/trade them in the supermarket section.

Good luck.

Heh, thats a good plan. They will probably fit kinda tight if you loose weight for a while so make sure thats ok too and you dont want a baggy fit. Otherwise swap them.

I'm not going to touch them for a month. I'm sure they'll fit fine after I keep dropping fat (another 10-15 lbs.) and keep getting cut. I just want to be able to button them! After that, yes!! Then they'll get broken in.

Anything new or of interest at the NYC APC store, denim-wise? Are there any variants (color or fabric) of the NS's or NC's? Meh?

Hebay, the fall 09 line just dropped, great new denim! stonewash indigo and black new cures as well as colored/ overdyed new cures. real nice!

Hello all, very informative post.

I just received my first pair of APC's. I'm 5'11, 175 lbs. (athletic body type, nh).

I'm a sz. 32 waist and sized down to a 29. I'm a little nervous. I can't even button one button. I sized down three because I read up a lot on people who went down two, wishing they went down three sizes.

Is not being able to get one button done normal? Did I go too small? I've been wearing them since I got them around the house trying to stretch them walking and doing awkward stretches.

Any help is appreciated.

Yo retro, i just went through the same thing kid. i have your exact body type, 5'11" 175lbs, i also have bigger/stronger thighs from skating and fix gearing. im usually a 32/33 and i went down to a 31 in new cures. at first i could only button the bottom two, now two months later they fit like a glove, skin tight, but comfy, so dope! like they were made for me...

I want to buy my first pair of New Standards. There's nowhere to buy them in store close to where I live, so I was going to buy them online. But I don't know if I should go 2 or 3 sizes down? I normally wear a 32'', but even they(not raw denim) get a bit loose after a couple months of wearing... so should I go 3? I don't want them to be SUPER tight. But a good fit.

Logikal - I say wear them around the house if you can, and just move around in them - they may be insanely tight to start but you'll at least START to stretch them out (you're going to have to do this at some point anyway). Kudos on the weight loss plan

O.Leander - here's an idea of sizing down 3 (from 32-29) http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=909544&postcount=97

quick question, in tobi/context clothing, all they sell is nc,ns and nr. I'm just wondering if there is any other online shops that sells APCs' other cuts? i know they have an online shop but it turns out to be pretty expensive if its converted to my currency (AUD).

quick question, in tobi/context clothing, all they sell is nc,ns and nr. I'm just wondering if there is any other online shops that sells APCs' other cuts? i know they have an online shop but it turns out to be pretty expensive if its converted to my currency (AUD).

try www.apc.fr

they sell most all the cuts and ship just about anywhere, as far as i know. should be no problem getting to australia.

yeah i think i'll end up getting it from there :) btw i'm thinking to get the petit standard cut instead because it seems like they have lower rise which i like. does anyone have any real measurements on those? like the rise, waist, leg opening? Also would i still stick with the NC sizing?