A.P.C.

jeepster

Just received some APC NS and I think I didn't size down enough. They're perfect in the waist...but I know they're gonna stretch out a bunch.

IMG_1803.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

I wouldn't worry much. It depends on the fit you're going for. They may get lose around the waist and knees but they'll only stretch at points where they're stressed.

Other peoples jeans have stretched a lot because they sized down, forcing the fabric to stretch. Your experience won't be the same as theirs unless you gain weight.

I don't wear APCs anymore but I've worn two pairs for about a year each. For the second time in a row, I had the same problem-- they shrink just enough to make it uncomfortable after a couple washings. I traded in my first pair to buy a new one half off at the APC store. The jeans fit very tight the first month then were perfect for the next 9 months. After two warm washes, they looked like this.

IMG_5909.jpg

I don't wear these anymore because the fly is almost about to rip apart and now they're too tight.

I don't know how many people wear their jeans out after a year + multiple washes but I would only size down enough to have them fit a tad snug if you're planning on wearing these jeans for more than 2 years and multiple washes. If I were you, I would keep that pair or size down 1 more.

I don't think anyone would recommend J. Crew denim over A.P.C.

i don't think anyone would recommend apc.

i wear indigo 25 but this faux nior's are 26. cuz i actually prefered the girls cutting, the male cutting rise was too long, like i had big balls or smth,

white tags are male and black tags are female, so pls do note, advice size down if buyin the white tag, which are from apc.fr.

and this faux nior's stretch 3/4 as much as the indigo, so pls do take note as well, material wise is alot thinner and light weighted, good for summer

Im tempted in getting some of those faux noir (are they the 'washed black' ones off the site?)

How big is the leg opening on the size 25's and how do they fit in your calves??

yea , take note its with the seldvage ones.

i dun have the measurements though, but its really tapered down, its comfy at tighs then its kinda tight at the calves

I just manage to completely button up a tagged sz 30 PS, but i tried a taggedsz 29 in a store and was not able to button up the top 1 or 2.

My friend suggested a 28 or 29 as the APC denim will stretch alot.

Any suggestions ?

Should i go for 28 or 29 ?

I just manage to completely button up a tagged sz 30 PS, but i tried a taggedsz 29 in a store and was not able to button up the top 1 or 2.

My friend suggested a 28 or 29 as the APC denim will stretch alot.

Any suggestions ?

Should i go for 28 or 29 ?

Get what fits snug/tight and can be buttoned all the way (the 30 I guess in your case)

Taking into account stretching is one thing, but getting clothes that clearly are not your size is another thing. I don't mean to direct this particularly to you, but rather people that wonder why their pants are ripping apart when 2 for $20 jeans from Walmart can last longer

^????

You tried them on, right? So you should know your sizing better than anybody else on this forum. The system for sizing down that is used on the first page is mainly for people who haven't had the convenience to try them on.

Yes, they will stretch but(as stated almost every page in the thread) after a few washes they will shrink almost back to normal, some people even said they became way too tight. Just get whatever jeans you liked best when you tried them on.

It's not as complicated as you're making it.