A.P.C.

jeepster

Gross! I just handwashed my friend's APCs (don't ask me why I'm doing this, long story) for its first wash and I swear there is a slimy residual. I vaguely remember this with the first wash for my pair years ago. Is this the resin or whatever it is they use to get that uniquely APC shine? It was only on the outer surface and only noticeable when it was damp and drying.

Gross! I just handwashed my friend's APCs (don't ask me why I'm doing this, long story) for its first wash and I swear there is a slimy residual. I vaguely remember this with the first wash for my pair years ago. Is this the resin or whatever it is they use to get that uniquely APC shine? It was only on the outer surface and only noticeable when it was damp and drying.

Looking to sell a pair of PS 31, worn about a month, one wash. Think I need a NS maybe size 30 or 31. Is there much difference in the upper block of the NS compared to PS, like thighs or waist much different in the same size?

Shoot me a pm if interested in the PS 31 indigo.

My first instinct is to give you shit for that thing, whatever it is, in your front pocket but I'm sure you'll respond with the typical like "It's too uncomfortable to put in my back pocket...I can't sit on it" etc... Whatever I still think it's wrong. Nay, I think it's the ugliest thing in the world when someone puts a cell phone in the front pocket of snug jeans...there I said it..THE U G L I E S T thing in the world!! Why do people put things in front pockets?? yuck yuck yuck!

My first instinct is to give you shit for that thing, whatever it is, in your front pocket but I'm sure you'll respond with the typical like "It's too uncomfortable to put in my back pocket...I can't sit on it" etc... Whatever I still think it's wrong. Nay, I think it's the ugliest thing in the world when someone puts a cell phone in the front pocket of snug jeans...there I said it..THE U G L I E S T thing in the world!! Why do people put things in front pockets?? yuck yuck yuck!

Lol.

It's where I always keep my phone for ease of use; put it there without thinking. Which is surely the fundamental premise behind fades; that they reflect your lifestyle.

bacause sitting on things on your ass fucks up your spine alignment and aint worth it.

Oh please, that's what back injections are for :-). Actually what I do is take them out and hold it or lay it down somewhere. For me it's easy because it's only my cell phone that I need to do that with.

5827144465_88e2eaefe1.jpg

5827694006_7ceca0d738.jpg

Got a big hole in my new cures after 4 years of occasional wear...

If i want to go from cures to PS how do i size? 31 is good in cure for legs but tight round thigh and a bit loose round waist after stretching. Should i get 31 is PS too?

QFT

Fades don't lie

Yeah it takes me a while to really break jeans in since i don't wear them super tight and I have 3 other jeans in my rotation. but i'll post the wash results later this week.

Yeah it takes me a while to really break jeans in since i don't wear them super tight and I have 3 other jeans in my rotation. but i'll post the wash results later this week.

They're your jeans obviously but at that point I wouldnt even consider washing them, there is hardly any fading happening so youre not really going to get a lot of contrast anywhere.

So it's pretty obvious at this point that I was, in fact, correct, and you should size down 4 or 5 for a pair of New Standard's.

I suppose it's fitting that Superfuture can kiss my New Standard clad ass. :-)

l o l, superdenum...

IMO that's a pretty awkward fit. The butt looks a little too tight, but I think if you sag a little bit then it will be all right. Maybe...

I'll just say that the PS was supposed to be the skinny version of NS, so sizing down ridiculously on the NS to get a skinny fit still sounds pretty dumb. But youre happy with it so you shouldn't give a fuck either way.

the confusion and debate seem to be more about what 'sizing down' even means in context of apc and this thread, than how much one can or should size down.

I wouldn't be able to get a pair of new standards sized down 3 4 5 over my hips so the entire conversation confuses me. what is your waist size and what is the tagged size?

I wear 35ns and have (or had, at time of purchase) a 37i waist. the simplest thing to me would be to say I sized down 2, even if the waist was actually closer to 37 and in reality I basically went tts. but real waist sizes on apcs are a murky thing, and we should just refer to the tagged sizes, no? that seems like it'd be far and away the easiest way to keep everyone on the same page.