A.P.C.

jeepster

i dont understand why sizing down is so hard LOL. i didnt even measure my true waist when i got my apcs...and imo they turned out great. just go try them on if you cant decide on your waist or if you dont have access to a store that sells apcs then just size down 1-3 and buy a pair. return them if they dont fit and compensate for a tighter/looser fit shiet

No. What you said first was correct. The whole reason people size down is to account for stretching.

1. Measure where you wear your jeans on your hips. You can call this your true measurement.

2. Find the pair that measures the same as your true (Size 32 has an actual measurement of 34", etc...). If you bought this size, you would be able to button up every button the first time.

3. Size down again according to the cut to account for stretching and for how slim you want your pair to fit.

For example, here is how I did it. Where I wear my jeans measures 34" around. I sized down 2 sizes because APCs are vanity sized two inches. Then I sized down 2 more to account for stretching. After one month of wearing they stretched out for the perfect fit. My true measurement was 34" so I bought a size 30 and got the perfect fit.

Yes chiggah you are correct. That's exactly what I did.

The jeans are not supposed to stretch 2" in a month. Yes they do stretch but not that much/fast.

Any designer with a brain won't make jeans that need to be sized down 4 or require this ridiculous sizing method.

If you have bought a correct size, they wouldn't stretch out that much in a month. Maybe that wouldn't be the perfect fit. Then consider that NS is not the cut you are looking for. Try NC or PS.

Technically I only sized down two. I normally wear size 32 jeans before I bought raws and they were never tight on me. I couldn't button the top two button for the first day or two and then by the 10 days I could get all 4 up.

Edited by hooper

The jeans are not supposed to stretch 2" in a month. Yes they do stretch but not that much/fast.

Actually, they do. APCs do stretch like crazy, but only where it's tight. If It's not too tight it won't stretch that much.

Technically I only sized down two. I normally wear size 32 jeans before I bought raws and they were never tight on me. I couldn't button the top two button for the first day or two and then by the 10 days I could get all 4 up.

(Measures nearly exactly 17" when I hold it flat but I had both hands on the phone.)

You sized down 2 from true waist. Not from tagged...which is what the whole thread is talking about when they say "size down 2".

I was able to button up the top button when I tried them on but it was kinda hard for the first 2 weeks, and mine didn't end up baggy.(refer to first quote)

From your info I guess you produced the same results as I did fit wise. It's just that one of us was a little more comfortable for the first 2 weeks than the other.

#me :cool:

Here are prewash photos of my size 30 black New Standards. Made it a year and a half with only one soak without them getting all disgusting, so I'm hoping for some sick contrasts. Honestly not sure what to expect, haven't seen too many people in this thread wearing black APC for too long. Will post results if they're any good.

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

^How thin is the denim now? Seems like it'll fall apart before the fades really come out if you don't wash it regularly from now on.

If you want a lot of contrast with black denim you should dry clean it since black sucks at fading.

^How thin is the denim now? Seems like it'll fall apart before the fades really come out if you don't wash it regularly from now on.

If you want a lot of contrast with black denim you should dry clean it since black sucks at fading.

Surprisingly, they aren't that thin. They've lost some heft compared their original state, but even the crotch is holding up pretty well. They're drying atm but I think there's going to be some decent color loss. We'll see.

Quick update.

My PS have started to stretch a bit after a week or so of light wear. Thighs still feel snug but def do not feel painted on as it did when they were brand new. These will probably be much more comfortable after a couple more weeks of wear.

IMGP28544.jpg

I need some help-

I bought a pair of new standards at ina for my friends birthday coming up. I brought them home and now I'm not sure wtf they are.

it's got a 28 inseam and 33 tagged waist. the legs are tiny. it says new standard, jeans classique etc and looks a lot like my apcs bit theres some variation. the rivets say 'dorlet' on the back and have a big U on them. the tag says made in Macau. they otherwise look fine-- it looks like apc denim, the stitching is basically the same. are these real? did someone just hem the shit out of them?

:(