A.P.C.

jeepster

APCs are vanity sized, so a size 28 would be a true 30" waist line. I would think that a size 29 would be good for you if you're a snug 30 in levis, but it also depends on what pair of levis you're wearing as well. You can find a siz chart for your APCs on context clothing.

thanks man, make sure you post pics of your PS!

I just measured my waist and it's just under 34 inches. Do you think a 29 would be good?

Also, how do New Standards fit compared to Imperial Dukes? I have a pair of Dukes in a 29 and they used to fit me great but now they're way too tight in the waist.

IMHO, you should switch for a 32. If those were New Standards, then stick with them but they are New Cures. Too tight can lead to blowouts and referring to jeepster, you should size down 1-2 and trust him, he knows his shit ;)
sirch, fit looks horrible. 32 or 33 even. my NC's didn't stretch as much as NS.
Ahh I didn't notice that you said NC instead of NS. My bad!
yeah, exchange.

what if i exchanged them for a pair of new standard? would that be better?

The fit looks pretty good, but I would say hem them

yeah, i am going to...that was the day i bought them...im rocking them as is for now until i get back to nyc when the semester is done and can bring em to the tailor...i was only home for a short period of time

Guest adidasaj

mine still haven't stretched much

I've a 32.5 waist, so I normally wear tag size 30

Went with 29s for my APC NS

They've definitely stretched some... at first, they fit like 28s. I mean, crazy tight. I could barely sit in them. But they fit like 29s at best so far.

I've had them for about month and a half now. Wear them a decent amount. Maybe only 2-3 weeks worth of 'regular' equivelant wear though.

Think I need to start wearing them to bed because I can't wear them much more regularly (often have on trackpants or baggy Evisu on so I can wear a pair of sorts underneeth .... I train at the gym too often to constantly change).

I really like them. Awesome length and feel. Cool subtlety. Once I get some great wear in them, I can tell they're going to be my new favorite 'skinny' jean.

Just need to get them stretched out because damn are they still tight. It actually deters me from wearing sometimes. (Come summer time, I'm sure they'll get much more wear though.)

have apc changed where they source the denim or changed their sizing structure recently? the new cures i bought arn't vanity sized and i'm experiencing little stretch compared to my pair of new standards i owned about 3 yrs ago.

having said that, i'm starting to think the stretch associated with APC denim is a little exagerated. most people don't really know what their true waist is and often compensate by measuring a little larger. in the end the jeans stretches maybe 1 to 1 1/2 inches and they think its stretched beyond 3 - 4 sizes too big. this was the case with me when i had my new standards.

then they werent tight enough, if you can button all the buttons up when you first get them, they are too big

That's pretty retarded advice.

Just take into account they're vanity sized and size down such that it's a snug fit to account for stretch.

Guest adidasaj
then they werent tight enough, if you can button all the buttons up when you first get them, they are too big

Huh? Why would I want them tigther when they're already too tight?

If they're going to stretch, they're plenty tight enough to force stretching. But they just haven't stretched much yet.

A bit... I had to squirm to get buttons on at first and I couldn't really sit in them even. Now that's OK but they're still uncomfortable tight after 3 weeks of wear (spread over about 9 weeks).

yeah my APC NS are crazy stiff

and like I said, after about 3 weeks worth of wear (9 weeks old)

they've barely stretched

Yaa my rescues I got about 2 months ago are still very stiff. Would a cold soak to get rid of the starch throw off my fades? I'm thinking about doing that next week when I am home.