A.P.C.

jeepster

2rhsjte.jpg

I wear RW style boots with my new standards and I figure it looks alright. So long as you don't size down 20 some odd times and have size 13 boats for feet I think you'd be ok.

That said, I pretty much got my NS true to size, and my feet are a modest (small) 7.5 so I think the proportions work.

I bought a pair of APC New Standards a week and a half ago. Due to my stupidity, I didn't do proper research before buying them and I only sized one down. My true waist is about a 32, and I got a 31. I don't care about the waist much (the looser they are at the waist, the easier it is for me to tuck my shirts in there for work), but the inseams are a bit long. Does anyone know how long they are (I keep hearing differing reports that they are 34" or 35")? They are a slightly baggy and a bit wide at the leg opening, so I just want to hem them a bit. Can I do it at the local cleaners? Also, do I need to soak them to soften them up? I keep hearing that they shouldn't touch water until over 6 months in, but I need to fix these ASAP. My work requires me to wear sandals indoors, so it can be quite annoying when they are a bit long and I have to step on them when they go beneath my feet. Oh by the way, I'm about a 30 in inseams for pants usually, but I hear I should keep them a bit long so that they don't get too short when I wash them.

sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd post a few fit pics of my New Standards. I downsized 3, and the initial break in was a pain. I'm a size 28, and these are marked 25.

I'll take better pics when my friend gets his camera back to show the fades :D. They're at about 9 months now

snapshot20091130v.jpg

snapshot200911301.jpg

snapshot200911302.jpg

I have size 25 APC NC's that i'd like to trade for 26 or 27 NS's. If anyone is interested, message me. I'd be willing to add some cash if i need to. They've been worn probably 20ish times, minimal fading.

Or if you're just trying to sell 26/27 NS's let me know, I could sell mine then buy yours.

II'm about a 30 in inseams for pants usually, but I hear I should keep them a bit long so that they don't get too short when I wash them.

the inseam shrinks about 2 inches with a hot soak/wash, less with a cold one, so you should either get it hemmed to 32" so that it won't be too short after a soak, or you can hem them to a 30" inseam and attach something with reasonable weight to the bottom of each leg as it hang dries and it will stay whatever length it was prior to the soak, so in this case 30" would be okay

Damn it, really? Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately, since I've been wearing them for a few weeks, I don't think I can return them to the store I got them from, and because I'm in South Korea, I can't exactly sell them on eBay or anything. So I'm totally shit out of luck. There's no way I can save them or anything? Not even with hemming?

Crap...well, thanks for the replies. I think I will just get them hemmed (I don't know how to say "taper" in Korean and I dunno where there's a tailor around here, there are only a bunch of dry cleaners, haha), so they don't look totally effed in the knee area and wear them on the weekends or something. And maybe buy a pair of New Cures sized down 3 or something this weekend.

Thing is, when I'm sitting, they're kind of tight in the thigh area, but from the knee down, it's still pretty baggy.

EDIT: Yeah, I can't get rid of them. Because I'm living in South Korea, import taxes here are ridiculous and I paid much more for them than if you were to buy them in the US or something.

This is how my APC New Standards look on me, two weeks in, sized down one (size 31). No soaks, no hemming done yet. What do you guys think I should do? Hem/don't hem? Are the inseams 34" or 35"?

I don't like how the denim looks at my knees...

apcwithshoes_120109_1.jpg

apcwithshoes_120109_2.jpg

if you soak the jeans, that would probably make them fit better. If you're worried that they'll be to small, you could put something in the tight areas to keep them from shrinking too much. I would definitely try soaking before I did something drastic like tapering or hemming.

Also, I don't think the fit is that bad. It looks like a good, looser fit... and the knees will look better if you soak to get rid of some of the starch.

if you soak the jeans, that would probably make them fit better. If you're worried that they'll be to small, you could put something in the tight areas to keep them from shrinking too much. I would definitely try soaking before I did something drastic like tapering or hemming.

Also, I don't think the fit is that bad. It looks like a good, looser fit... and the knees will look better if you soak to get rid of some of the starch.

soaking them wouldn't help much since they're Sanforized. If you can't find someone locally to buy them, they aren't that bad - just not the slim fit that's more popular in this thread.

Sorry to crap up the thread, but has anyone heard of the new "unbranded raw denim" at Urban Outfitters? and how it might compare to APC? I'm so broke right now I can't fork over the $155 for them right now, alongside the risk of only have store exchanges/credit only too online.

Urban Outfitters Unbranded Raw

Okay, so I think I'm going to just keep these New Standards but maybe just wear them occasionally when I feel like wearing more relaxed denim. I spent too much money to get rid of them though. But I plan on buying a pair of New Cures or Petit Standards this weekend (leaning towards the Petit Standards). If I have a 31.5 waist, is it alright if I go with a 29 for either (so sized down 2.5 I guess)? I want to go for a skinnier look, I've been wearing too many straighter/relaxed jeans my whole life.

Does anyone have any pictures of fades and stuff of Petit Standards? I know they're kind of new, but someone must have something...

Guest eugen eugen
sz. 31 new cures around 4 months

haven't really worn em since their first wash so they're a wee bit tight

DSC_0005.jpg

very nice for just 4 moth. they are thight yra but the will stretch back. i got ncs in 30 down 2 4days ago still tight but i dig ncs fades.. will wearm them on my bike;)

can you post back pics? got the feeling my ass pockets are strecthjing to the outside .. dont like it.. need to loose a little weight