A.P.C.

jeepster

I was wearing my apc ns raw blue denim just fine - sized 31" waist, i wear it almost everyday since I bought my pair for about 6 months getting the most wear out of it before my 1st soak.

I wear 30"-32" depending on the brand of jeans, but usually I'm sized 31". It was a snug fit, I chose the size that's a bit tight to have some room for stretching.

Until after my 1st soak, everything turned into a disasted. It was worn out nicely but it shrunk. I can't wear them anymore. I can bearly button my waist, the lenght of the leg became too short.

I was so disappointed that I can't wear my preloved apc jeans anymore.

I want to buy a new pair but what size should I get? What went wrong with my previous pair?

If anyone can help me, I don't want to waste a good pair of apc jeans again. Thanks!

I was wearing my apc ns raw blue denim just fine - sized 31" waist, i wear it almost everyday since I bought my pair for about 6 months getting the most wear out of it before my 1st soak.

I wear 30"-32" depending on the brand of jeans, but usually I'm sized 31". It was a snug fit, I chose the size that's a bit tight to have some room for stretching.

Until after my 1st soak, everything turned into a disasted. It was worn out nicely but it shrunk. I can't wear them anymore. I can bearly button my waist, the lenght of the leg became too short.

I want to buy a new pair but what size should I get? What went wrong with my previous pair?

If anyone can help me, I don't want to waste a good pair of apc jeans again. Thanks!

They stretch back out. As for the length, that's just too bad- in my experience they never shrunk more than like a few centimeters....

I am really surprised to hear that about your APCs shrinking so much. I normally wear 32 in most denim and I got a pair of 30 APC NS. I have worn them hard and have over 8 months of wear into them. I soaked them for the first time in cold water for 30 minutes and hung dry.

My APCs had stretched a lot so post-soak they shrank to a nice slim fit again. The length didn't really shrink that much at all. And now after wearing them for a couple of weeks they are back to their former state.

Did you soak them in hot water? Did you machine dry? If not I would try wearing them. They will stretch out.

Remember for next time that you can stretch the inseam while the jeans are damp to prevent shrinking. Maybe you can just cold soak them again and try stretching the inseam? Don't give up.

I have worn my APCs for 6 months and I want to wash them now. I want a light look with differentiated colors throughout, and not a bland constant blue or dark blue.

People have suggested using Woolite Black. Is this necessary if I want them light?

Should I soak them or just throw them in the washing machine and let them air dry? On delicates or regular? Hot or cold water?

I also want the inseam to come up some because they are too long.

I want them light because I plan to buy another pair of APCs to use as my dark pair and I don't want two jeans that look the same.

^if you want them light, just wash them more often. i'm at the one year mark of my apc's and i've soaked them once, washed twice with woolite dark. they came out fine, lost indigo, but definitely not enough to be called dark jeans.

edit: as for the washing method, i just threw them in a washing machine, some woolite dark, and just on a normal hot cycle (since they stretched way too much, but they've stretched back out again), hang dried, wore them while a little damp. can't say the inseam shrunk too significantly; i honestly can't say that apc's are really worth meticulous attention either.

Quick noob question. What is the standard inseam that APC NCs come in (they aren't tagged with an inseam size on their website)? And if I buy a pair that have an inseam of 35" and I want to get like 4-5" chopped off will that change the fit horribly?

Quick noob question. What is the standard inseam that APC NCs come in (they aren't tagged with an inseam size on their website)? And if I buy a pair that have an inseam of 35" and I want to get like 4-5" chopped off will that change the fit horribly?

Can't really attest to the fit if you hemmed that much, but I guarantee the value of the jeans would go down like 75% if you did that, should you decide to want to sell them or somethig. They'd probably look a little skinnier too. Just my humble opinion though.

Fuuuuck...so I can button the top button of my new cures only after wearing them for a while...sitting down for long is uncomfortable...is this normal or what?

I haven't worn raw skintight denim before (my tightest were my old MIJ 19cm) so bear with me.