Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Denim noob here, can someone please tell me what the differance would be between ordering a prewashed pair or a raw pair would be in terms of fades..

Im looking heavily into the xx-011's because i want something slim but not too tight in the thighs, with a slight taper. I wear a size 30 waist in N&F Slim Guys and levis 514's, so my instinct would be to order a size 30 off of BiG.. anybody have any info that they think might help?

Edited by ryanmc553

Denim noob here, can someone please tell me what the differance would be between ordering a prewashed pair or a raw pair would be in terms of fades..

also, what are the sizing differances between the xx-07 and the xx-11?

Essentially nothing, they're unsanforized jeans so you have to soak them before wear anyways, so in the one wash they go ahead and get that step done for you, it helps some people with sizing charts I think

As for the second question, just compare the two sizing charts

Essentially nothing, they're unsanforized jeans so you have to soak them before wear anyways, so in the one wash they go ahead and get that step done for you, it helps some people with sizing charts I think

As for the second question, just compare the two sizing charts

so it would definately be beneficial to go with the one wash then, and save me a step, especially being inexperienced..

also, so if i wear a size 30 in most other jeans and my true waist size is about 31, you would suggest a size 30 pair?? sorry for the questions, just dont really wanna shell out $300 and have to go through the process of returning, etc.

so it would definately be beneficial to go with the one wash then, and save me a step, especially being inexperienced..

also, so if i wear a size 30 in most other jeans and my true waist size is about 31, you would suggest a size 30 pair?? sorry for the questions, just dont really wanna shell out $300 and have to go through the process of returning, etc.

go measure the actual measurements of your current best fitting jean after a wash or soak then compare to the sizing guide of the pair your thinking of buying. take the thigh measurement into account as much as the waist.

The Strike Gold jeans mentioned above that "resemble" the new XX-017 jeans by PBJ, are in fact a series of jeans called the Color Revolution by Tenryo Denim. Tenryo Denim is another denim label owned by the same people behind Strike Gold, the Hamamoto family of Kurashiki, Okayama.

Tenryo_Color_Revolution.jpg

upload pictures

Edited by OkayamaDenim

It's a little weird, the fabric was originally used by Strike Gold last year.

Here's a sample i was wearing a year ago:

https://twitter.com/...670394619891713

PBJ makes these jeans with class...from the fabrics, stitching and putting it together in their collection. You can't compare PBJ to Tenryo..it's an entirely different league...

Speaking of being 'weird' is how StrikeGold as a brand makes fabrics+stitching+fits right off PBJ's signature both the 24oz denim and the 14.5oz.

Edited by narcissus

PBJ makes these jeans with class...from the fabrics, stitching and putting it together in their collection. You can't compare PBJ to Tenryo..it's an entirely different league...

Speaking of being 'weird' is how StrikeGold as a brand makes fabrics+stitching+fits right off PBJ's signature both the 24oz denim and the 14.5oz.

It's still the same/a similar fabric....and clearly you can compare the two...

Strike Gold/Tenryo released the 24oz 8 months before PBJ and the weird colored jeans one full year before PBJ, from what i'm told the owners of Klax-On/SG/Tenryo are who developed those new fabrics and then allowed PBJ to use the fabric after the initial SG or Tenryo release.

I missed the memo but the cut of the xx-011's has changed a whole bunch in the past 2 years? I picked up my first pair from dc4 2 years ago to the month, soaked them, perfect fit... Favorite denim going.

Picked up a pair a few weeks ago, soaked them and I can't get the top 2 buttons done. Not to mention that my balls are getting crushed to death and my ass crack is out in the breeze if I bend over.

I know they do slacken off a bunch but I might be pushing it with these trying to get them looking respectable. (For info, 32 waist TTS and I went with the 31 raw's just like before)

I'll do some side by side pictures for the crazy difference in the colours, I don't even wear mine that hard and they were in rotation, but it's the difference that made me grab another pair when I could.

I missed the memo but the cut of the xx-011's has changed a whole bunch in the past 2 years? I picked up my first pair from dc4 2 years ago to the month, soaked them, perfect fit... Favorite denim going.

Picked up a pair a few weeks ago, soaked them and I can't get the top 2 buttons done. Not to mention that my balls are getting crushed to death and my ass crack is out in the breeze if I bend over.

I know they do slacken off a bunch but I might be pushing it with these trying to get them looking respectable. (For info, 32 waist TTS and I went with the 31 raw's just like before)

I'll do some side by side pictures for the crazy difference in the colours, I don't even wear mine that hard and they were in rotation, but it's the difference that made me grab another pair when I could.

Did you not try them on presoak to see how they fit on you? I'm sure you would have noticed the difference if you had.

I threw them on for 30 seconds just for reference of the leg length to see how much it was going to come up but that's it. I had plenty of room in the waist pre soak and didn't notice the rise being that different. Once i've loosened them up I'll do a full set of measurements for comparison with the old ones for a side by side compare.