Pure Blue Japan

midnight

how long have you been wearing these?

Hard to say, because I wasn't giving them constant wear. Maybe 4 months. Would have waited for more fading to post pics, but I've pretty much moved on to other stuff. I wanted a looser fit with these, plus I heard they shrunk a ton, so I sized up a bunch (these are 34, I usually wear ~31). Finally decided that for my body style I would've been much better off going with the 006 cut than the 008 (I have largeish thighs for my waist size).

Gave them a wash because some stitching was coming undone in the crotch and I was planning on taking them in to have it fixed. Crotch has a lot of wear, which is disappointing considering I sized up and haven't done any biking in them or anything.

I'd post this in supertrash/missed connections, but doubt anyone would see it...So, who the hell was wearing PBJ's in Novi, Michigan today? I saw you at 12 Oaks, J.crew and Nordstrom to be specific! I would've said hi but I didn't notice the leaf on your ass until I was in my car in the parking lot! lol

^^

nope, based on my experience, the most significant shrink after initial hot soak is in the inseam, it will shrink around 1.5 inch

the waist only 0.5 inch and also elsewhere... I think the measurement of the one wash will happen after they got their first wash...

hope it helps...

^^

nope, based on my experience, the most significant shrink after initial hot soak is in the inseam, it will shrink around 1.5 inch

the waist only 0.5 inch and also elsewhere... I think the measurement of the one wash will happen after they got their first wash...

hope it helps...

one wash means they wash it once for you

new to pbjs and denim that stretches to fit. i wear 29s and its tight but i can still fit a finger through, but i feel the tight pressure. 29s i dont need a belt. 30s on me are too loose and i need a belt.

What size do you think would be perfect on me, im willing to endure the pain as long as it stretches out to a perfect fit.

29s in what brand? PBJs stretch as much as they shrink, so it should be nice n tight after the initial soak/wash. => 29s (?)

On a side note, has anyone laid hands on the xx-011? Impressions? From pictures it doesn't look slubby at all..

But, I like how different coloured wefts give a kind of cast to the denim, and the grey works nicely in this instance.

Awesome! I'll check them out when I'm in NYC in a bit. I'll post up pics if I pick up a pair. I can't say much looking at the pictures, but I'm not sure I'm happy about the dark rivets and buttons...as well as the distressed looking patch...

Thanks therelativity for posting up pics! I think I'll get me one of those too...I'm winterclothesless.

I heard some talk about the xx-013? The silk weft? Is that cut coming out or did I misread?

When PBJ started talking about the 011, the translation for the weft was silk/ gray and I think the correct translation was gray. Not too certain there will be a silk weft, but it would be cool! They seem to be 1/2" larger than the other raw models. I wonder if there is extra shrinkage or if they are leaving a little extra room post soak? And oh yea, why is there leg twist in raw denim?

Gordon said:

-

"Shortly after that we'll also be debuting the XX-013 store collaboration

model which the XX-011 cut is based on. It's essentially the XX-005 with a

more tapered leg. The XX-011 is using a left hand twill denim with a grey

weft while the XX-013 will use the same indigo denim used for the XX-005.

Same cuts just different denims."