Pure Blue Japan

midnight

damn...I just put down for some new XX-005's...sized up one to account for lower rise and beer belly...Should be interesting to see how they'll fit on my chicken legs but anyways just had to post because I'm all giddy from the prospect of new denim...Don't you just love that feeling?

btw, word is the XX-013's are still expected by the end of this year but our man Gordon is still waiting for the official delivery statement...The leg opening is supposed to be an inch ish smaller than what you see in the XX-005's in the same size, and it'll have the same top block...

Dopeee. Wait, I thought the xx-011 and the xx-013 were supposed to be the same cut?

x-post from SF

Hey, just got my first pair of unsanforized (and second pair of raw) jeans- PBJ XX-009. I'm having trouble figuring out how they're gonna look after soaking though and I'm a little worried about the top block. I've taken some (admittedly crappy) pictures of the problem. The fabric folds over at the very top of the thigh and the look of the backside isn't too great. But I don't know if that'll go away once they shrink and (hey, my socks are blue! Just noticed) aren't so stiff; they're like cardboard now. Enough rambling, here's the pics:

pbjcomp.th.jpg

Based on my experience with PBJ, I think you'll be fine, at least as far as the concerns you mentioned. If you haven't even soaked them yet, I would advise just giving them a good hot wash to get rid of the starch. You won't lose a noticeable amount of indigo (even though the water will be blue as hell, causing you to freak out), and they will soften and shrink and fit better. My one concern based on your pics is that they seem pretty slim on you already, and they will shrink considerably. They will also stretch back out, especially in the top block, but the legs may be a little slim. I know the 009 is supposed to be a relaxed cut, so I'm not sure if that's what you are going for or not.

Just curious, I did a search and the search function turned up nothing ( big surprise)

I am eying up a pair of PBJs, maybe some xx-007s or some xx-011's ?

I was curious if the PBJ xx-010 has the same denim as the xx-007s , but just the addition of purple selvedge/detailing?

I love the slubbiness and fades of the 007's , but I also love the purple selvedge detailing.

Just curious, I did a search and the search function turned up nothing ( big surprise)

I am eying up a pair of PBJs, maybe some xx-007s or some xx-011's ?

I was curious if the PBJ xx-010 has the same denim as the xx-007s , but just the addition of purple selvedge/detailing?

I love the slubbiness and fades of the 007's , but I also love the purple selvedge detailing.

Same denim, but dyed purple. There are some pics earlier in this thread of some faded ones. They look pretty similar to the 007's, at least in the pics. I've never seen the 010's in real life, but apparently they look a more purple in real life than they do in pictures.

I'd post this in supertrash/missed connections, but doubt anyone would see it...So, who the hell was wearing PBJ's in Novi, Michigan today? I saw you at 12 Oaks, J.crew and Nordstrom to be specific! I would've said hi but I didn't notice the leaf on your ass until I was in my car in the parking lot! lol

haha...I used to live in Novi but that was a year ago. Definitely not a hot spot for fashion...trust me on that!!

I was the only guy around with Samurai, IH, FH and Eternals...I do know there is a guy that works at the Levi store at Twelve Oaks that is big into denim and lurks SUFU......was he a real real skinny white kid?

Well i wear size 27 new standards (this is tts)

what size should i get for pbj 007?

compare the sizing charts if your really unsure. The waist will shrink about an 1"-2", inseam about 2"-3" and everywhere else about .5". Im not good with sizing I generally just compare the charts and go that way.

Well thanks to everyone's advice/pms I snagged a pair of 007's and some purple selvedge 010's from BIG to go along with my Ironheat Superblacks

I am gonna need some seriously heavy rotation on these 3 pairs, especially on the Superblacks

Based on my experience with PBJ, I think you'll be fine, at least as far as the concerns you mentioned. If you haven't even soaked them yet, I would advise just giving them a good hot wash to get rid of the starch. You won't lose a noticeable amount of indigo (even though the water will be blue as hell, causing you to freak out), and they will soften and shrink and fit better. My one concern based on your pics is that they seem pretty slim on you already, and they will shrink considerably. They will also stretch back out, especially in the top block, but the legs may be a little slim. I know the 009 is supposed to be a relaxed cut, so I'm not sure if that's what you are going for or not.

Yeah, I knew the 009 was their "relaxed" model, but that's not really what I wanted. Basically, it was the only one that gave me both the thigh and the hem measurements that I was looking for- similar to my N&F Weird Guys but a bit looser.

looks good wear them in the tub even better :)

Thanks! I'll hopefully be soaking (and wearing the hell out of) them soon.

I hope you guys will forgive my constant questions, but I just want to be sure before I soak the jeans and am not able to return them. I took some more pictures of my crotch and ass today (with the jeans on) and edited them to show some more detail. This still look alright to you guys?

pbjtopblock.jpg

I was the only guy around with Samurai, IH, FH and Eternals...I do know there is a guy that works at the Levi store at Twelve Oaks that is big into denim and lurks SUFU......was he a real real skinny white kid?

Nope, I know who you're talking about...lol

I still regret not wearing these as much as I do... but they are coming along...

img5907g.jpg

img5908a.jpg

Neither of these pictures truly capture the beautiful indigo hue the jeans have, but I'm sure those of you PBJ owners would know it very well anyway.

Yeah, I knew the 009 was their "relaxed" model, but that's not really what I wanted. Basically, it was the only one that gave me both the thigh and the hem measurements that I was looking for- similar to my N&F Weird Guys but a bit looser.

Thanks! I'll hopefully be soaking (and wearing the hell out of) them soon.

I hope you guys will forgive my constant questions, but I just want to be sure before I soak the jeans and am not able to return them. I took some more pictures of my crotch and ass today (with the jeans on) and edited them to show some more detail. This still look alright to you guys?

pbjtopblock.jpg

Not the greatest pics, but as long as the waist isn't too snug already and you have room in the crotch (and you are going for a slim fit) you should be fine. You're gonna love these jeans, the denim is just awesome in every respect. Post some fit pics once you've washed them.

x-post from SF

Hey, just got my first pair of unsanforized (and second pair of raw) jeans- PBJ XX-009. I'm having trouble figuring out how they're gonna look after soaking though and I'm a little worried about the top block. I've taken some (admittedly crappy) pictures of the problem. The fabric folds over at the very top of the thigh and the look of the backside isn't too great. But I don't know if that'll go away once they shrink and (hey, my socks are blue! Just noticed) aren't so stiff; they're like cardboard now. Enough rambling, here's the pics:

pbjcomp.th.jpg

What size are these, and how did you size?

Well, the PBJ's came in today as I hoped....I was expecting a perfect fit, and what do you know! TTS baby ;) Size 30 XX-005, ghetto pics:

Pre-soak...measurements were spot on with BiG btw

IMG_9923p.jpg

IMG_9924p.jpg

shameless bathroom post-soak fits

IMG_9998.jpg

IMG_9996.jpg

Probably my favorite slim fit ever, even more than the illustrious SExFH05's which I thought were pretty ideal...Guess I really do have some skinny left in me ;)

Naw, definitely blue.

And yeah premiumsqueezed is right...at 6 months they become SUPER comfy, and the fades just go crazyyy.

The slub gets pretty crazy too. Looking at the slub still entertains me while in class or stuck in traffic.