BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

I'm 90% sure those aren't Shoai's. Those are more than likely the standard dyed Demon Armor Denim 19oz Oni's. I had a pair for a while. Very similar! But not dyed to the core (yarn) hence fade-able.

Very good work still!

this is true.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm gonna get around to posting pics soon I've got those and a pair of 710's that went 8mos with 2 washes that I have to shoot. just been wearing not documenting. :) (laziness) I know...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got the 1001 Hand-Made today...

DSC04142.jpg

The single-stitch construction is very neat :)

The denim, as always for Oni, is f*cking awesome - so loose and slubby!

DSC04163.jpg

DSC04165.jpg

DSC04155.jpg

DSC04170.jpg

DSC04173.jpg

Didn't like how the patch looked though, the leather got a bit crinkled in their factory wash:

DSC04145.jpg

So I did some rescuing :)

DSC04202.jpg

Fit pics to come!!!

Cheers b_F! Yes, from Vari - there were having a sale with 10 times Rakuten points :)

You definitely should try one - the denim Oni uses is unlike any other!

By the way folks, they're no longer called BS United anymore.

P.S. You're welcome! Hopefully I'll have another update after next week.

Me too. I'll never need to find another source if he says yes.

Yep - the Sammy cinch-back or Whiskey Cat's in October :)

Haven't decided...but in terms of the denim I would definitely prefer the texture of the 18 oz Texas cotton.

I think these 1001HM have the same 14 oz denim as the regular Blue & Reds, just different stitching and details, but yes this single stitch/fell seam jean is a limited edition. Come to think of it, I think you'll like the regular editions better b_F.

On topic:

Misc. Oni fact~

The owner of Oni is the son of the founder of Canton, the oldest denim pants maker in Japan!

The 'BS' in BS united refers to Big Stone, or Oishi in Japanese, the family name of the Canton founder.

I think these 1001HM have the same 14 oz denim as the regular Blue & Reds, just different stitching and details, but yes this single stitch/fell seam jean is a limited edition. Come to think of it, I think you'll like the regular editions better b_F.

Yeah, you're quite right. The stithing on the yoke (It's also called a french seam, right?) and so looks weak n my eyes. I'm sure that isn't the fact but it looks so fragile.

And yeah, I like the standard more. So a normal Blue or Red should do it, if the denim is the same.

I was surprised that these HM aren't that expensive although they would use a lot more manual labor...