BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

Different arcs, patch, and pocket bag fabric as well. Basically an older version of the 18 oz model that BiG just got in.

yeah, I should have clarified. I just got too lazy to note the diff. Man I'm almost tempted to get another pair of blues just for the old patch.

I'll post some pics of my oni's when it is sunny. I haven't put much work on them recently, but they are such nice jeans.

edit:

old teaser pic

IMG_0877.jpg

yeah, I should have clarified. I just got too lazy to note the diff. Man I'm almost tempted to get another pair of blues just for the old patch.

I'll post some pics of my oni's when it is sunny. I haven't put much work on them recently, but they are such nice jeans.

edit:

old teaser pic

IMG_0877.jpg

Are those the 14 oz? I like the extra layer of denim on the bottom half of the back pockets.

too many jeans!

I just jumped on the Blues. I have too many jeans as well but I justified that I could compare the Blues after wear with the 13oz SExSC06s and the 15oz Samurai 0500s because of their similarities in weave and texture. Hehehe

Just picked up the new Oni Blue 32w at BiG yesterday. Gordon confirmed the new batch is the same 14oz denim as the old ones.

Super stoked. Impeccable service and hemming work from the boys at BiG as always. They even give a crisp, careful fold to the paper bag before handing it to you. Love that!

Took some time and removed the back arcs (sorry to any purists!). This 14oz denim is amazingly textured and irregular. Seems closer to my Strike Gold than any of the Sams I have/had.

I'm loving this vintage fit. Leg opening was 9" when raw, but between the shrink and the taper, they have a slim-ish fit.

Oni003-1.jpg

Oni004.jpg

Oni005.jpg

Oni006.jpg

Just picked up the new Oni Blue 32w at BiG yesterday. Gordon confirmed the new batch is the same 14oz denim as the old ones.

Super stoked. Impeccable service and hemming work from the boys at BiG as always. They even give a crisp, careful fold to the paper bag before handing it to you. Love that!

Took some time and removed the back arcs (sorry to any purists!). This 14oz denim is amazingly textured and irregular. Seems closer to my Strike Gold than any of the Sams I have/had.

I'm loving this vintage fit. Leg opening was 9" when raw, but between the shrink and the taper, they have a slim-ish fit.

Oni003-1.jpg

Oni004.jpg

Oni005.jpg

Oni006.jpg

Looking really good! Loving the fit as well! I also bought a pair of Oni´s when on vacation in NY at BiG. THe service was awesome and I left the store feeling really well! THese pics makes me wanna start wearing mine again...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
how does the patch (new 18oz) hold up to hot water? i need these to shrink...

If you tell me what type of leather the patch is made of (type of animal, thickness, tannage, etc), I may be able to provide you with general advice.

I have no experience with the new patches, but if it's the dear skin patch like the previous batch of 2010, then they should be able handle water better than cowhide.

how does the patch (new 18oz) hold up to hot water? i need these to shrink...
If you tell me what type of leather the patch is made of (type of animal, thickness, tannage, etc), I may be able to provide you with general advice.

I have no experience with the new patches, but if it's the dear skin patch like the previous batch of 2010, then they should be able handle water better than cowhide.

According to BiG, the new patches are indeed deerskin. All the same, I would recommend putting on a coat of Obenauf's LP before the soak to minimize the chances of cracking or disproportionate shrinking on the patch.

According to BiG, the new patches are indeed deerskin. All the same, I would recommend putting on a coat of Obenauf's LP before the soak to minimize the chances of cracking or disproportionate shrinking on the patch.

The thing to be careful with deerskin is if the leather is full of oils prior to being exposed to high heat, it will end up darkening dramatically (more so than cattlehide).

I would oil the patch a day before washing, and just prior to washing I would rub in a thin layer of wax based mixture into the leather, allowing it to dry and then washing it.

Although deerskin handles water better, it's never a good idea to wash any leather with very hot water.

The thing to be careful with deerskin is if the leather is full of oils prior to being exposed to high heat, it will end up darkening dramatically (more so than cattlehide).

I would oil the patch a day before washing, and just prior to washing I would rub in a thin layer of wax based mixture into the leather, allowing it to dry and then washing it.

Although deerskin handles water better, it's never a good idea to wash any leather with very hot water.

Yeah, the LP definitely darkens the leather, regardless of whether it is deerskin or cowhide, but it does seem to darken the deerskin faster.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Mikecch, may I do you the honor of following in your footsteps? Got these as part of BIG's Japan relief sale. I had absolutely no need for new jeans but they were so pretty and in my size and were the only ones left, I had to pull the trigger.

Onifrontfull.jpgOnibackfull.jpg

but I had the same problem as you, I was not a fan of the back pocket design. Onibackpockets.jpg

Originally thought about taking the whole thing off but after seeing your pair, might also only take off one

Look how pretty the slubbiness is...

Onicoinselvage.jpg

Onibuttons.jpgOnifit-1.jpg