BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

they're not Shoais.

have had them before, but f*cked-up the sizing so had to sell.

frankly, i have not seen any worn-in pair ever.

but, i'm pretty sure they won't fade [that] way .... never that high-contrast.

old production run

ONIshoai-1.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I went with the 28 raw, really interested to see how these fit. I'll give them a hot soak and hopefully the thighs slim down enough. I'm real excited for these, thanks for turning me on to them! Even cooler, my two main pairs will be Momotaro and Oni. Momotaro was the peach boy warrior from the folklore and Oni were the demons he fought against, I think!

Edited by willrh1

Yes in the most prolific version of the story, Momotaro (peach boy sent down from heaven) leaves his village to fight off oni (demon or ogres). Oni in Japanese folklore are a type of Yokai, malevolent/ mischievous supernatural beings, in the west their equivalent would roughly be demons (oni that is). The Yokai as a class aren't inherently evi however. They are arguably representative of older animistic traditions that have with time evolved with the peoples lore. An example of such a Yokai-esqe entity would be the trickster found in many Indigenous group's belief systems. These beings are often seen as mischievous, helpful even lucky at times.

But yeah back on topic

Haha I will update with pictures when I receive them. Not a lot of evo pics out there which intrigues me so I'm really hoping they fit. Trying to gain weight/mass so if all goes well that extra room in the thigh will be very much welcomed down the road.

Haha I will update with pictures when I receive them. Not a lot of evo pics out there which intrigues me so I'm really hoping they fit. Trying to gain weight/mass so if all goes well that extra room in the thigh will be very much welcomed down the road.

If you don't mind taking the time.. see if you can't take pre and post soak measurements on your new Oni. I understand the loose weave makes the shrinking/stretching on this very dramatic (like 2"), at least based on the one pre/post soak comparison pic I've seen so far.

If you're feeling too lazy to take the pre and post soak measurements, can you at least post your pre and post soak fit pics. (I'm probably going to get my next pair on Rakuten so I'll need to get sizing right the first time)

Thanks.

I almost went with the 18oz for the HWDC2. The only reason I didn't is the expected shrinkage for the inseam is 2.5" according to BIG. 36.5 - 34 with a warm water soak. 34 inseam would not work for me. Anyone want to give their $0.02 on their experience with inseam shrinkage?

That sounds right. Mine measured 37" right out of the box, then shrank to 34.5". That's for model 211, bought almost exactly a year ago. I also considered buying a new pair and wearing them for the contest, but eventually went with something else. Finding Oni jeans is a hassle, but the 18oz irregular weave is amazing and totally worth the effort of hunting.

That sounds right. Mine measured 37" right out of the box, then shrank to 34.5". That's for model 211, bought almost exactly a year ago. I also considered buying a new pair and wearing them for the contest, but eventually went with something else. Finding Oni jeans is a hassle, but the 18oz irregular weave is amazing and totally worth the effort of hunting.

Good to know. I've put myself on denim "time out" until autumn. I reckon the next pair will be Onis.

http://imgur.com/a/lHcyo

Here's an album of my pre/post soak fit pics on my tapered Onis. I soaked in cold water for about 45 minutes and I still feel like there's a lot of shrinkage left in them and after a few days of wear there's already some stretch. I think I might soak them again in hot water for maybe 20-30 minutes, not too sure. The thighs and knee shrunk about .25-.5 inches and the waist shrunk a little over an inch.

Thanks I'm really liking them. The fabric does seem similar to the N&F collab. Don't think they have a special name, just says low rise/tapered on blueingreen. Really comfortable fit in the top block, and you can actually fit your hands in the front pockets.

Sadly, it’s time for me to retire my beloved pair of Oni 211. And before anyone freaks out and says, “but they still have tons of life left in them!†know that the only reason they’re going into the closet is so that I can participate in the HWDC2. Otherwise, I’d still be wearing them, because they’re just now getting to the good looking stage. If only I weren’t such a slow fader. It’s a bit sad, really.

Here’s what they look like after nearly a year of daily wear and 9 machine washes.

IMG_3181_zpsa16356c8.jpg

IMG_3184_zps39118d91.jpg

Check out that streaky, uneven weave in my sorry butt fades

IMG_3211_zpsb1fbaa3a.jpg

Love the Oni patch

IMG_3216_zps3f4521f4.jpg