picked up a mountain parka from the uniqlo innovation range today. size m, bit big but apparently the last one left (in uk).

not sure if it qualifies due to it's light grey not black nature, but its a good technical waterproof shell jacket. seams are taped (not super perfectly but more than enough to keep it waterproof, just not perfect).

will post pics if anyone's interested, for £45 ($70) i'd say it was a pretty good bargain (urbantech student here without hundreds available for clothing).

Totem tech!

A simple 2 (not 3) layer shell of cotton laminated onto a polyurethane membrane. I've read differing accounts of PU and the possibility of its deterioration over time but for now the jacket is perfectly waterproof and remarkably soft for a shell. In fact it has to be the softest most comfortable 'tech' piece I've come across. I've always felt that cotton or wool laminated onto gore-tex created a rigid and cold feel. I'm not sure that two materials complement each other very well hence why I paid the premium for the totem - its a reasonable compromise.

10xzeva.jpg

auy52.jpg

jl3zgg.jpg

zn7l4.jpg

Edited by ruco

cross post from recent purchases: veilance windstopper blazer

DSC04105.jpg

Wore it around the city today, fit is excellent. Wish it had side vents instead of a center pleat and the vertical hand pockets feel a bit odd but overall I'd recommend to anyone looking for a tech blazer

I have that blazer (in black) and it's very awesome indeed. Love your colour too!

Hand pockets are great, they make much more sense than traditional blazer pockets, when the weather gets bad (light rain etc) you can walk around with hands in your pockets, LIKE A BOSS.

Also William Gibson in Veilance blazer (and visvim):

Edited by Brainboy

Guest guincho

anyone have any experience with that uniqlo mountain parka? or know how I can cop?

also looking for a water-resistant shell. you think a north face resolve will do? not trying to spend a lot.

Does anyone have something to tell about Aether Atmosphere jacket?

I'm considering buying it...

aether_apparel_atmosphere_jacket_jet_black_450_mc.jpeg

I like Aether's approach and philosophy. They have more mature cuts, but there's definitely technology and performance in their product. Their jackets are made in Canada by FYI designs... the same company that does stuff for Burton's aK line and Hiroshi Fujiwara's FsF line.

I actually have the Aether summit jacket on sale on the marketplace right now. I hoard too many technical jackets and I'm trying to reduce my wardrobe size. Lol.

Their jackets are made in Canada by FYI designs... the same company that does stuff for Burton's aK line and Hiroshi Fujiwara's FsF line.

I think you mean they are designed in Canada by FYI, not manufactured there, nothing is mass produced at FYI. Are they actually manufactured in Canada as well? I've been wondering wondering where its made.