I tried that on @ the Descente store in HK across from the Mira hotel. It is fucking phenomenal. I just didn't have the cash to justify the purchase.

Just arrived, fucking phenomenal is a great description. My only minor gripe, I wish it had some traditionally placed side pockets but meh.

hiking in visvims is the worst idea ever. most non-functional footwear for anything relating to outdoor activity. waste of money on the gore-tex socks too.

haha holy fuck i thought you were joking. https://shop.visvim.tv/hk/en/f3/

hiking in visvims is the worst idea ever. most non-functional footwear for anything relating to outdoor activity. waste of money on the gore-tex socks too.

thanks SuE for the s/o. LanceP i agree with your first statement but please explain how gore-tex socks are a waste of money? hiked through snow with ten other people and through wet weather of upper yosemite falls with two others, and in both instances i was the only one who came out with dry and warm feet so not really understanding how they are a "waste." 

The socks are all right in emergencies. But imho a pair of proper  waterproof or GTX boots is a better investment as hiking with soggy boots. They start to stink after repeated outings in the wet and you just break them off quicker. Not to mention they get heavy from the water you lug around..

No offense the socks do their duty but it is not something you would want.

And in respond to the other hikers ..I had sno sealed  http://www.atsko.com/sno-seal-wax-4-oz-tube/leather boots for snow shoeing trips. They were dry. My guide kept saying dry ,reapply and blow-dry..

It is not the expensive shizzle that counts  it's the prep you put in. I do find it hard to believe that out of ten hikers no one thought of GTX boots...

BBS11

tumblr_mgy5sp43Wf1qhlw4do1_1280.jpgtumblr_mgy5sp43Wf1qhlw4do2_1280.jpg

looking at the back of that jacket I have  two questions springing to mind :

Why is the drawstring on the outside??Water  may slip in from the ventilation flaps above..

What is that piece of string doing in the ventilation flaps??

Any one know??

Could there be an ACG and ACR drop in the same week? The ACG bomber is looking a bit like the PL-J1 with an MA-1 pocket stuck on the sleeve but could be totally wrong, i'm just hoping it doesn't have a great big ACG logo on the back like the new crewneck... Still holding for the ACR drop though.

Right when I was looking for an MA-1.

Looks like the ACG 2in1 liner with a better collar and MA-1 pocket ill probably still buy it

Probably less than $400?

Edited by Redmau

thanks SuE for the s/o. LanceP i agree with your first statement but please explain how gore-tex socks are a waste of money? hiked through snow with ten other people and through wet weather of upper yosemite falls with two others, and in both instances i was the only one who came out with dry and warm feet so not really understanding how they are a "waste." 

if you actually wear functional footwear purposed for outdoor usage, the boots should already have a gore-tex (or some water/weatherproofing) membrane in place to prevent the necessity of gore-tex socks. the socks should just function as added cushioning and temperature control w/ breathability. if water is getting into your footwear when you're hiking, camping, etc; you're using the wrong shoes and/or not treating them properly.

if you actually wear functional footwear purposed for outdoor usage, the boots should already have a gore-tex (or some water/weatherproofing) membrane in place to prevent the necessity of gore-tex socks. the socks should just function as added cushioning and temperature control w/ breathability. if water is getting into your footwear when you're hiking, camping, etc; you're using the wrong shoes and/or not treating them properly.

Enough with the piling on. I'm usually the first to insist on waterproof footwear but this is the urban techwear topic and lots of hyped shoes here aren't weatherproof e.g.

SISP FW1516 sneak peak via Haven. Def must buy!

11.jpg

obviously proper gore-tex lined hiking boots are best for hiking and there's the Clothing for The Great Outdoors to discuss that. There's an interest here in making fashionable clothing or footwear into functional garments and november's anecdotes are useful in that regard.

Enough with the piling on. I'm usually the first to insist on waterproof footwear but this is the urban techwear topic and lots of hyped shoes here aren't weatherproof e.g.

obviously proper gore-tex lined hiking boots are best for hiking and there's the Clothing for The Great Outdoors to discuss that. There's an interest here in making fashionable clothing or footwear into functional garments and november's anecdotes are useful in that regard.

an explanation was asked for, so he received one.

it's also debatable his post can be a crossover discussion with "clothing for the great outdoors" considering he was using these clothes in an outdoor setting. and in that aspect, the boots and sock choices were not "useful in that regard."

an explanation was asked for, so he received one.

it's also debatable his post can be a crossover discussion with "clothing for the great outdoors" considering he was using these clothes in an outdoor setting. and in that aspect, the boots and sock choices were not "useful in that regard."

I don't think his review can be a crossover discussion in the "clothing for the great outdoors" topic which is why I didn't post it there and posted it here instead. Your criticism might apply if I posted it there but here it's out of place. He asked for an explanation but you just wrote the same thing twice. Aso2004 offered some actual criticism while you're merely repeating yourself about buying

Again, I don't particularly disagree with your criticism; while I do admire people who buy expensive fancy stuff like the visvims and actually try to put it to use, instead of leaving it in the closet most of the time, I personally wouldn't have bought the visvims in the first place. However, considering the popularity of nikes, y3s, sisp shoes etc in this 'urban techwear' topic, goretex socks are in useful in this context.

I don't think his review can be a crossover discussion in the "clothing for the great outdoors" topic which is why I didn't post it there and posted it here instead. Your criticism might apply if I posted it there but here it's out of place. He asked for an explanation but you just wrote the same thing twice. Aso2004 offered some actual criticism while you're merely repeating yourself about buying

Again, I don't particularly disagree with your criticism; while I do admire people who buy expensive fancy stuff like the visvims and actually try to put it to use, instead of leaving it in the closet most of the time, I personally wouldn't have bought the visvims in the first place. However, considering the popularity of nikes, y3s, sisp shoes etc in this 'urban techwear' topic, goretex socks are in useful in this context.

i can see your point about the crossover discussion, and i agree why it wouldn't have worked in that thread.

my point is with this being the "urban" thread and him using these ridiculous socks in a non-urban environment, his critique of the socks utilized in such a setting is completely moot. legit, who uses fashion-reinterpreted 'nam boots for hiking? and who relies on their socks to keep their feet dry when hiking yosemite? i think the review of the gore-tex socks (and everything else he's wearing for that matter) in the scenario of getting caught in the rain would've been somewhat more useful in this context rather than being in a waterfall.

aso2004 is saying the same exact thing i am, except he's definitely just better at expressing criticism.

New Outlier Climbers are the best pants they've ever done, IMO. Got them last week (charcoal) and haven't taken them off. 

Are they still dual material (fuzzy on the inside/"hard" on the outside?) Mine have basically started to separate/pill/completely be obliterated (especially around the friction points where your saddle is on a bike) after a year.

They last longer than jeans, and I don't really care about falling down in them, but still kinda meh about it.

oh, let me enter the goretex socks discussion. actually I relied on waterproof socks (sealskinz) in winter spartan race and I would recommend them to anyone, they backed me up the whole course even after jumping into freezing water in first 200m of the race.

Do not underestimate the power of waterproof socks.

(of course they must be worn with right type of footwear, wearing them in shoes that might soak and keep the water does not make sense)

does anyboy have any experience with the SISP Wide pant? They seem to be pretty incredible to me but I fear the inseam will be too short

I'd love to hear alternatives as well (I'm aware some ACR pants fit pretty similarly, although I haven't looked into them as much as the Stone Island ones)