i dropped some red pepper on my white moonboots, which are made form (bright white) waterproof nylon. so now there's a orange-ish stain on them. what is the best way to remove it?

i know this isnt the right section for it (but there is no thread for this) and i'm sure people got food or other kind of stains on their clothes.

New ten c at union. If you have never handled this brand I feel sorry for you. Most insane fabric ever.

was talking to gibbs about how this was the most mysterious brand for the longest time.,.

now they finally have a fucking website

http://www.ten-c.it/collection/

i still think their parka is the most thing ever

except union didnt place a buy 4 this

http://www.ten-c.it/collection/parka.php

it looks like they finally make a size 46??? now

so i can finally fit their shit

Ten c, The Emperors New Clothes, introduces the forever collection. The original fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen tells of looking beyond what you are told to see and to value what is truly there. The ability too see past the fashion media barrage is a new interpretation of the original fairy tale.

TheEmperorsNewClothes encourages you to see past the fashion media barrage by purchasing their garments produced only from the finest clothe at top dollar.

I'm sure it's dope, that shit reeks of meta-branding / hype 2.0 to me, though.

i dropped some red pepper on my white moonboots, which are made form (bright white) waterproof nylon. so now there's a orange-ish stain on them. what is the best way to remove it?

i know this isnt the right section for it (but there is no thread for this) and i'm sure people got food or other kind of stains on their clothes.

Red pepper sounds like natural dye...

Try some dirt eraser from your local drug store or eraser especially made for shoes (not the ones for your notices). It's kind of sponge and you just have to soak it with water and than clean your shoes. There is also some expensive white palmwax Burgol cream (the only one) for white shoes, which is doing some stunning results.

EDIT: "Magic Eraser"

Might be wrong thread, but does anyone know how water-resistant this is?

Nike x Undercover Gyakusou AC UC Lighweight Fill Jacket

not at all just like average nylon windbreaker.

like all running jackets they are insulation/windresistant/breathable/hideyourkeyspocket

My five pocket Shadow Project trousers fitted small but also insanely long.

Strangest pants sizing I have ever seen.

Friend of mine tried the convert trousers but was very disappointed about the fit also. But both are older seasons, probably they have made adjustments for the newer models.

i am curious to how long the material would last - i.e. if you were wearing it in 5yrs time, would the effect still 'work' as well?

probably not as it's more a novelty item. if you want to buy a piece that'll last you that long you shouldi nvest in something with a more timeless look

They tried that thermochromatic material back in the late 90's and everyone that wore it just ended up with pale orange shirts with dark blue/purple pit stains with the same where there was back sweat. Our bodies don't lose heat in a uniform way so unless that jacket does a really good job of re-distributing the heat around it's always going to look splotchy.

also this ^ i can't imagine that thing lasting very long. but we're not in the 90's anymore and shit is way more advanced now, so who knows really.

try that spot remover that is used for tomato spots

That's indeed one of the main points phelen.

Probem I have is not the 'inspired' designs but that it's done rather poor. The base is cool but it's all in the details and I miss that with Isaora. It's a little too much trying.

How do they even came up with the idea to say about the J11 clone ""reasonbly sure that it's never been done before' c'mon!

There have been dozens of tech suit jackets!

shame on those checker shirts. looks too much lumberjackish#menswear. i was really looking forward the launch but i feel really disappointed.

btw. anyone has some PCM jackets? i was wearing my isa riding jacket today and i feel like it's not working.

cool concept but always thought that jacket was gimmicky... realistically how long is it "transforming" while you're wearing it? 5 minutes out of the whole day?

They do other colours/styles as well, so yellow is not the only option, which is good.

Works very well in winter as pointed out, when leaving house/entering subway/leaving subway etc.

As for longevity, time will tell on these ones. Some of the original 'ice' jackets from the late 80's and early 90's still transform in colour, so perhaps these will continue to work too, however, I think the nature of pu like, coated fabrics, is that they peel after years of wear. The waxed 'ice' jackets from a couple of years ago will probably fair much better.

re: the isaora tech blaser above, I think it's laminating wool onto scholler c-change specifically that they think "has never been done before".

Disagree with the posters above that say they're copying ACR, think the collection has a distinctive rough around the edges snowboarder vibe to it, which is noticeably different to ACR's military flavour or the superclean futuristic thing veilance have going on. Also ACR didn't invent putting straps in clothes to carry them, that's an oldschool hiking thing (although I think ACR are the only people doing them with just one strap).

Have to say that this collection looks a little wack online though, a bit flimsy, probably cos the clothes don't fit the model properly. Not that I have much experience with isaora, but I expect they look a lot better irl. Also think the design looks off on some pieces, not that well thought through. I expect not as much thought or testing has gone into this collection as you would get with higher end brands.

btw. anyone has some PCM jackets? i was wearing my isa riding jacket today and i feel like it's not working.

PCM isn't a really Schoeller tech, it's rebadged Outlast. That stuff actually works, but only for about 5 minutes and even in those minutes it's a subtle effect. Once the phase change is done its just another fabric layer.

PCM works as I understand it like how ice keeps a drink cool. It contains a material that undergoes a phase transition (ie melts) around a comfortable body temperature, so as the material has heat supplied to it at that temperature, instead of heating up it undergoes a phase transition, keeping the temperature at the phase transition temperature. In a drink with ice in it, the ice has to melt before the drink can heat up, so ice keeps the drink at 0C.

The amount of energy that a material can absorb during a phase transition is proportional to its mass, so it makes sense that a lining of a jacket (mass say 0.3kg) couldn't regulate the temperature of a whole person (mass say 75 kg) for very long. Sounds like it's not that much use unless you use a lot of it, but I expect that's prohibitively expensive.