Disagree with the posters above that say they're copying ACR, think the collection has a distinctive rough around the edges snowboarder vibe to it, which is noticeably different to ACR's military flavour or the superclean futuristic thing veilance have going on. Also ACR didn't invent putting straps in clothes to carry them, that's an oldschool hiking thing (although I think ACR are the only people doing them with just one strap).

Have to say that this collection looks a little wack online though, a bit flimsy, probably cos the clothes don't fit the model properly. Not that I have much experience with isaora, but I expect they look a lot better irl. Also think the design looks off on some pieces, not that well thought through. I expect not as much thought or testing has gone into this collection as you would get with higher end brands.

I agree with this train of thought. Isaora does have a fairly distinct look that is different from the other brands out there. I've handled some stuff but don't own any pieces, The garment dyed down pieces they do look awesome in person.

Thanks people, always down to talk this stuff... Would have been hear sooner except the signup is slow...

Lloyd, talked to a mill recently trying to take phase change to the next level, basically dialing it is cycling back and forth as the fabric moves closer or further from the body during natural movement. Early stage stuff but if it works...

can't recommend enough... I have one in graphite I grabbed on sale from tannery or wherever some time ago. It's been my go-to nyc fall jacket ever since; stylish, well designed, good water resistance, has held up fine although I haven't had it for that long. Collar is real beefy when you have the hood rolled up into it, makes it stand up nice.

that's all I got, anyway you should buy one.

I sized TTS (L) and fits great, not sure I'd size down if you got long arms.

^^^Cool cool, I think I may have to pull the trigger...I'm basically deciding between the field jacket and the patrol hooded jacket...possibly both. If you had to choose between the two would you still go for the field? I'm not sure if I'm that into the chest pockets on the Patrol...seems a bit oversized...

Thoughts would be much appreciated!

They are a "tactical" brand, not really great at that and more regarded as a fashion brand by folks who do that sort of work. Cuts, construction and fabrics are similar to 5.11 and other big players in that market. you could try http://www.militarymorons.com/ for reviews and fitpics of tactical type gear.

I've been very impressed with the various TADgear pieces I've had - their bags are supremely well made in particular.

I'm thinking about copping the Veilance Field jacket...can anyone shed some light or info about it? I really am not familiar with the brand in general...but I just love the way that thing looks...

i have the field jacket + patrol hoody both in a size small but could've gone with extra small if i wanted a more fitted look.. but it's great for layering which is what i intended when I bought it

so size down or go true to size depending on what you're gonna use it for.. superb jacket.. can't go wrong!

agreed with above, I would suggest 1 size down from your normal size,to get a fitted look, this should still allow for use of an insulator underneath for the winter also. the new SV version is in my opinion the best yet in the ordesa green colour, the hand on the fabric and the colour make it quite different from previous seasons.

Any recommendations for insulators to wear under a tech shell? Just picked up a Veilance field jacket.

Why not grab the veilance insulator jacket to go under, they are designed to work together. Or the Atom LT jacket from arcteryx's mainline which looks pretty similar regarding the specs.

Or the Stone Island one, but that would make more sense if you had copped a SI jacket. The Shadow project insulators are all designed to attach into the SP shells and if you don't have the right shell you've just got a bunch of useless snaps and straps all over it.

I've had an OR primloft insulator for a couple years. Held up okay but primaloft isn't that breathable.