Acronym.

Westbrook

3 hours ago, emilpops said:

Hey all,

Just wondering what other brand do you guys like to pair with your acronym joints? Personally for me feel like a full ACR fit is overkill most of the time and i tend to pair my pieces with some Visvim, Snowpeak and some kiko here and there, was wondering are there any other brand you guys feel match/compliment the ACR colour pallete/silhouette

Definitely less extreme pieces. All acr does feel a little overkill at times. Usually pair it with basic like visvim, ce, Uniqlo blanks 

8 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Definitely less extreme pieces. All acr does feel a little overkill at times. Usually pair it with basic like visvim, ce, Uniqlo blanks 

Outlier, some Veilance, a sprinkling of One Golden Thread, Visvim, and even a few pieces from Enfin [heresy on this site, perhaps]. American Vintage has good basic slub T's and whatnot. Also, Haven. 

10 hours ago, bboysparrow said:

Over time, looking at Acronym and Techwear as a whole, I've been having higher preference over fit's and not costumes. What can bring people into the brand/genre is the certainly the functionality and quality, but the first experience is usually the tech ninja hypebeast look that may have been popularized in 2016ish. Straps, pockets, military. This may or may not be related to the overkill you're thinking of.

I don't mind full ACR fit's when it gets a bit more simple. Do you really need the P23A's when you aren't even utilizing the capacity on those or your J28? Maybe the standard P23 would be sufficient for that use case.

Nowadays I go for different ACR pieces than I normally would have back then. I think that's why the P39-M was so popular even though it's so "pedestrian", although the cheaper pricing may also have played into that. You can also look at the sales of the recent LA6B-DS. There is definitely a time and a place for going full on display, but I like the hidden capability Greyman aesthetic where its more subtle and that can still be achieved with majority ACR.

Another point of consideration is if you're going to be spending a significant amount of money on a single jacket that it may as well be the more outlandish ones because otherwise you would be purchasing cheaper from a different brand, but I digress...

Anyway here's some "normal" fits that are full ACR and aren't overkill imo.

image.thumb.png.324bf6da01d870b26d6484e52b282528.png

image.png.f0cb77a85d26342c160ccb85dd49a95b.png

image.thumb.png.09eb9ee0ee3581fb059f9fcca2bb531d.png

(didn't wanna go only tapered)

Agreed, there are definite lines between function, art, and cosplay. These lines are clear and must be respected. 

On 5/25/2023 at 10:09 AM, emilpops said:

Hey all,

Just wondering what other brand do you guys like to pair with your acronym joints? Personally for me feel like a full ACR fit is overkill most of the time and i tend to pair my pieces with some Visvim, Snowpeak and some kiko here and there, was wondering are there any other brand you guys feel match/compliment the ACR colour pallete/silhouette

i find myself ALWAYS wearing acronym pants. when the weather calls for it i'll wear an appropriate shell and a heavy duty jacket in extreme rain is justifiable enough where i dont feel like im wearing a costume. but most of the time simple, cheap shirts. thinking about upgrading my basics to outlier tops but for now uniqlo and similar does a totally fine enough job and doesnt look obnoxious

On 5/29/2023 at 6:23 AM, futurecowboy2099 said:

i find myself ALWAYS wearing acronym pants. when the weather calls for it i'll wear an appropriate shell and a heavy duty jacket in extreme rain is justifiable enough where i dont feel like im wearing a costume. but most of the time simple, cheap shirts. thinking about upgrading my basics to outlier tops but for now uniqlo and similar does a totally fine enough job and doesnt look obnoxious

Exactly the same here. Have P39M, P10DS and P23ADS. Daily is definetely between P39M and P10DS, P23A DS on weekends.

Almost never wear my J1, over kill most of the time.

j86 preview on ms

can't say for sure ... either it so cool or so lame 
There is so much going on on this jacket and it's looks interesting from the distance
but up close stitches and zip near chest pockets looks sketchy

thoughts? 

J86-GTB_1857.jpg

On 5/25/2023 at 5:09 PM, emilpops said:

Hey all,

Wanna chime in because im a dead ass japanese streetwear enjoyer. WTAPS is my second favorite to Acro, pairs very well with the more baggy pieces. Plus the techwear "cosplay" in addition to military stylings of WTAPS kinda makes you look an MGS villain, which is cool. Usually rock Haven for my basics though. 

I made a video where I compare 3 J1s (J1A-LP, J1W-GTPL and the sacai/ACRONYM Bomber) and talk about the differences between them. 

I got my J1A-LP all the way back in 2014 as any sufu drone would and I really miss the secret pocket it has on the future jackets (behind the flak pocket and mezzanine pocket there's another pocket which has a zipper that runs in the place where access zips are now).

9 hours ago, apots said:

I made a video where I compare 3 J1s (J1A-LP, J1W-GTPL and the sacai/ACRONYM Bomber) and talk about the differences between them. 

I got my J1A-LP all the way back in 2014 as any sufu drone would and I really miss the secret pocket it has on the future jackets (behind the flak pocket and mezzanine pocket there's another pocket which has a zipper that runs in the place where access zips are now).

funny without being obnoxious, informative, well shot/edited, and grail pieces. hope to see more content from you in the future!

8 hours ago, futurecowboy2099 said:

funny without being obnoxious, informative, well shot/edited, and grail pieces. hope to see more content from you in the future!

Thank you! I definitely have a few more video ideas and a ton more acronym to talk about!

On 6/12/2023 at 7:59 PM, apots said:

Really enjoyed this. Keep the content coming!

After seeing the LA6B-DS sell out again on the mother site it’s got me curious. Does this garment in a technical fabric hold up to hundreds of washes like I expect all my other button down long sleeve shirts to? Also I don’t understand the appeal of a utilitarian workwear item like a shirt being only owned in one or maybe two units. For those who own this piece would you be willing to get to a full set of 5 to cover a work week if it was available to purchase at retail?

1 hour ago, sumant28 said:

After seeing the LA6B-DS sell out again on the mother site it’s got me curious. Does this garment in a technical fabric hold up to hundreds of washes like I expect all my other button down long sleeve shirts to? Also I don’t understand the appeal of a utilitarian workwear item like a shirt being only owned in one or maybe two units. For those who own this piece would you be willing to get to a full set of 5 to cover a work week if it was available to purchase at retail?

I think you may be missing the point. While schoeller 3xDry Dryskin is a fantastic fabric and does hold up to many washes without fading color, I believe you're looking at this piece through the wrong lens. There is high appeal due to the versatile nature where its not too busy or extra. It can fit many looks and anyone can pull it off. It's hard to fuck this up. It can be office wear, it can be date night, it can be open buttoned casually. The band collar also gives it that "asian" flair which is popular in lieu of a standard button down collar which helps separate it from the norm.

Of course this one would be very popular.

9 hours ago, sumant28 said:

If you think you ned to wash Dryskin every time you wear it, you probably don't own any. I own the original LA6-DS from SS16 (I'm actually wearing it as I type this), and I've probably washed it a couple of times a year at most and it's still in near perfect condition (just a little pilling on the back) after regular wear over the last 7 years. It works perfectly for both informal and formal occasions and is one of those pieces that always gets a few comments. The way it's going, I'm expecting it to hold up for at least another 5 years of wear, hopefully a lot more. 

8 hours ago, Dolphinski said:

If you think you ned to wash Dryskin every time you wear it, you probably don't own any. I own the original LA6-DS from SS16 (I'm actually wearing it as I type this), and I've probably washed it a couple of times a year at most and it's still in near perfect condition (just a little pilling on the back) after regular wear over the last 7 years. It works perfectly for both informal and formal occasions and is one of those pieces that always gets a few comments. The way it's going, I'm expecting it to hold up for at least another 5 years of wear, hopefully a lot more. 

I own the P10-DS and P30A-DSKR-BKS which I only hand wash if ever. The issue is that a button down is close to the pits which sees sweat throughout the day so I think I would feel weird owning that and not washing it

We’ve discussed this many times on here over the years but my opinion, as someone who is still wearing an original DS-KA3 and LA3 and literally lives in DS all year round, you just don’t need to wash it very often. if it doesn’t smell, doesn’t have stains and just isn’t dirty, why would you put it through the stress of being washed? This isn’t upland cotton, it’s one of the best technical materials on the planet. I mean it’s totally up to you, all I know is that I’m still wearing Dryskin that’s 15 years old and it’s still in near perfect condition. If you want to shorten the life of your garments by washing them every wear or two, that’s fine too. 

From the Schoeller website:

A multifunction high-tech finish with a high comfort factor, developed by schoeller®. Stays dry on the inside, dry on the outside and dries in an instant. Textiles with the multifunctional Feelgood Technology 3XDRY® from schoeller® ensure a high degree of well-being, simple care and lots of comfort. They transport moisture quickly across the whole body from inside to outside. The body stays comfortably dry, even when playing hard. Clothing always look spotless, because virtually no sweat marks or outlines are able to form. Bacteria that cause odor are also stopped. Virtually windproof and extremely water repellent fabric with the unique Moisture Management System for the ultimate in comfort. www.schoeller-textiles.com

Edited by Dolphinski

almost every synthetic fabric will advertise deodorizing properties. im looking at the copy for uniqlo airism rn and it claims to prevent odors. im sure plenty of us have owned airism and can attest to it being no more deodorizing than typical base layers. no polyamide/polyester fabric can be deodorized just from not wearing it; it's just fundamentally at odds with the molecular structure of these fabrics. you may not be able to smell your body odor on your clothing, but others can. please wash your clothing.

edit, putting this back on topic, dryskin's beading surface is generally revived from a hot tumble dry too. i've also lived year-round in p25s and p10s and they bead much better after being in a hot dryer. the stress on the clothing is negligible if you're running delicate cycle, small loads, and using a no-residue detergent like Atsko + no dryer sheets or tennis balls. many of the fears about washing clothing are from ppl practicing bad washing habits: overloading machines, running on heavy duty cycles, using too much of scented detergents and too many additives. you cannot treat clothing like towels, and there are ways to machine wash that will actually increase the longevity of your clothing.

if i seem autistically hyperfixated on this it's because i have to take the subway every day and the b.o feels like mustard gas.

Edited by cgcd