Acronym.

Westbrook

9 hours ago, CCALL said:

Personally, I find the Deep Pockets' little partition towards the outseam to be super convenient for reducing unnecessary pocket rummaging. I always tuck my keys (in an OrbitKey) away in one of them, and my car fob in the other.

Deep pockets are the best acrnm feature. It’s like finding change in your couch every day.

12 minutes ago, beepy said:

Deep pockets are the best acrnm feature. It’s like finding change in your couch every day.

if you've ever spent 30 minutes searching your entire apartment for your keys and then found them in the deep pocket despite having checked there first, hit that subscribe button.

14 hours ago, markdjr said:

The removable bag liners are a great touch too.

Agree and wonder how many people realise how cheap and easily available they are. Shame how torturous the 5TS and even more so 6TS are to wear when loaded up though. - As someone said on here years back if you need to carry any significant weight get a decent backpack. 

Or do some people honestly find them comfortable/practical when loaded up? 

One thing that bugs me is I love the flak pocket on my 36 and loved it on my J1A when i had that. Aesthetically and it terms of usefulness - So handy. But it's very much going backwards imo to add a fiddly zip on there as opposed to the old style flak which was easily accessible one handed ?? Someone said acrnm hate velcro lol ?

But basically they have made a call that the visual look of the pocket is more important than the ease of use I guess.  And I do like the modern look of the newer one so whatever I guess..

Will forever make me chuckle that upon seeing my J1A my step dad said "Why the hell would you want a pocket there - Are you a f****** kangaroo?"

Prob most used feature is the sling tbh. Don't think i've ever once used the force lock in 11-ish years of having a jacket with it on. Also never once tried interops lol. 

Edited by off-world

6 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

@off-world

The only time a fully load it up is when I'm flying. The trolley strap works wonderfully when attached to carry on luggage when going around the airport.

Motherfucker. You pushed me over the edge. I needed a new camera/gear bag for dedicated shoot days and it sounds like I found it. What modifiers/attachments do you have?

On 8/28/2019 at 10:13 PM, neromancer said:

I've been using the 3A-5TS from last year as a work bag almost everyday since I got it from it's drop. Thought it would be the bag I'd use for the next 5 or so years, but then along came the 3A-5... Here's a little writeup of a comparison between the two.

For a little context, I commute to work by bike everyday and have to carry a 15 inch laptop, a change of clothes, and an extra pair of shoes. The size of the 5TS and 5 perfectly fit my needs, but the differences on the 5 were surprisingly helpful. The obvious differences are the roll top lid and the two giant fixed pockets in the front. My biggest gripe with the 5TS was that anytime I wanted to grab something from the main body, I'd have to pop open 3 buckles and refasten them closed all over again. The roll top feature solves this nicely by reducing the buckles I need to fiddle around with to 1, and also stowing away the excess material of the flap. Much easier to grab something from the bag with the top rolled in when the bag is still strapped tight to yourself.

20190828-0001-DSCF4620.thumb.jpg.7989454a2ce883ffc2af9d53c00b6ac0.jpg

The two exterior pockets are a nice addition to the bag. I had the first generation xpac 5TS before getting last year's, and a feature I missed a lot were the two built in zipper compartments on each side of the bag. With the newer 5TS, I tried to recreate these by sticking two MZ1's vertically on each side. The exterior 3A-5 pockets hold much more than the MZ1's ever could, making the MZ1's no longer necessary. The mezzanine pockets behind them are really useful as well and serve as a nice little spot to store items you'd like to grab quickly without having to fuss with any buckles or zippers.

Despite the lack of TS, the attachment loops on the 5 work well if you still want to expand your storage. Though the website only demonstrated you could attach a MK1 and MK3, I was able to attach my MZ1's without any issues. While I opted not to use the MZ1's anymore, I've attached a DSPTCH glasses case to 1 loop, a key charm to another, and a grimloc carabiner to another to hold my keys.

20190828-0006-DSCF4638.thumb.jpg.f6644ffc383c4dd0b60ccad45c89e263.jpg

A surprising change was the inclusion of two smaller inner zipper pockets as opposed to the single pocket of the five. Though a seemingly minor change, it helps partition my smaller items nicely. Although the single pocket from the 5TS is larger than one from the 5, the combined volume of the two smaller pockets is greater. Here's to hoping including two of these pockets becomes a standard and not just unique to the 5.

There are some subtle differences you might miss that aren't obvious in the product shots. The lid on the 5 is reinforced with 3 sections that helps act as a guide to properly fold it in. It also helps give it a nice solid shape and structure, making the 5TS lid feel flimsy in comparison. Another small difference is the left and right buckles on the 5 can't slide up quite as high as on the 5TS due to the stitching on the thumb-break closures for the exterior pockets. This slightly restricts the expansion of the 5 vs the 5TS. I'd often pack my 5TS to the max fully expanded for weekend to week long trips. Though the difference is small, I'm a little worried for when I'll have to pack similarly with the 5.

20190828-0005-DSCF4636.thumb.jpg.e8174e07e3fc26e2c59f93232489116e.jpg

Despite the suggestively simpler name, the 3A-5 is in many ways a worthy upgrade to the tried and true 5TS. The 5 solved most of my gripes with the 5TS and will probably be the bag I'll use for years to come, unless Acronym and Bagjack manage to find another surprising way to improve the bag again (which I'm sure they will). Hope you all enjoyed my sincere writeup.

20190828-0002-DSCF4629.thumb.jpg.bc0513819b4c65d2afb1012720cc7ad9.jpg

sorry, didn't link properly on mobile. Here's the post

7 hours ago, BruceLeroy said:

Motherfucker. You pushed me over the edge. I needed a new camera/gear bag for dedicated shoot days and it sounds like I found it. What modifiers/attachments do you have? 

If you want it as a dedicated camera bag you could go the extra mile by getting some custom foam separators, might as well ball out if you're getting a luxury priced bag right?

Speaking of custom stuff I dyed my Q jacket awhile back, sadly it destroyed some of the innards and structure of the jacket during the process, but I wasn't really rocking with the cream anyways lol. I tried to match the Australian Waratah plant colour but didn't quite get it right with about four rounds of the dye :wacko:

Bw1zYER.jpg
GbY1zHN.jpg8y337Hm.jpg

Edited by Albm

On 12/16/2020 at 4:00 AM, russo_cypriot said:

At way below retail as well of about 30% off!

~Lefty

On 12/17/2020 at 11:39 AM, CountZatara said:

While I was traveling, I found the waist pockets on my J1TS-S really usefully for storing stuff. Because they wrap around to the back, I didn't have to worry about items bulking in the front. Also thought I lost my water bottle a couple times. lol

Additionally, the waist pockets have a small tab in the interior for your fingers to cling to. I might just be looking too deeply into it, but the pocket feels less like a bottomless void and like a more tangible storage space when you're resting your hands in there. Whether that was the intention or not, I was impressed by it nonetheless.

I started using the shock cord on the jackets while biking a few weeks ago, and it's fantastic, can't believe I've been palming it off as a relatively useless (for my activities, obviously not in general) feature this whole time... Plus the little pull tab on it is fantastic.

13 hours ago, Albm said:

Speaking of custom stuff I dyed my Q jacket awhile back, sadly it destroyed some of the innards and structure of the jacket during the process, but I wasn't really rocking with the cream anyways lol. I tried to match the Australian Waratah plant colour but didn't quite get it right with about four rounds of the dye :wacko:

Props on not giving a fuck.  

22 hours ago, BruceLeroy said:

I would definitely get these camera insert if I am going to use the Acr bag as camera bag. I have two of their camera bag and they are pretty nice. 
https://www.wotancraft.tw/en/product/waterproof-shock-resistant-insert-large

10 hours ago, CountZatara said:

Random thought: New pattern designs are made in Europe and subsequent releases are mass produced in China.

Example 1: 1st release of P30A-DS was made in Europe. 2nd release was made in China.

Example 2: 1st release J68-S was made in Europe. J68-PL was made in China (Can someone confirm this?).

P30-DS, P30-CH were made in Europe, but P30A-DS has always been made in China. 

J68-S, J68-WS were made in Europe while J68-PL was made in China. 

I think Xu said a while back Acronym has stopped working with Chinese factories so I'm expecting a full return to Europe starting next season(??).

1 hour ago, iamundying said:

P30-DS, P30-CH were made in Europe, but P30A-DS has always been made in China. 

J68-S, J68-WS were made in Europe while J68-PL was made in China. 

I think Xu said a while back Acronym has stopped working with Chinese factories so I'm expecting a full return to Europe starting next season(??).

Was told so but I do think my prediction was not right nowadays.:D

So a little bit data-hoarder question.

Anybody still have this old acronymjutsu advanced mock video from impulse? With dog and bag on the head?

The main youtube video is unavailable and i cant find it anywhere even with wayback machine.

3 hours ago, mizzar said:

So a little bit data-hoarder question.

Anybody still have this old acronymjutsu advanced mock video from impulse? With dog and bag on the head?

The main youtube video is unavailable and i cant find it anywhere even with wayback machine.

heck yeah would love to see this again

On 12/18/2020 at 12:15 AM, Albm said:

Speaking of custom stuff I dyed my Q jacket awhile back

Speaking of the Q jacket - what's with people trying to flip them for over 2k on grailed in the last few months? I bought the grey one off of yahoo.co.jp a year ago for ~300 USD in good condition, did anything happen in the meantime?