supertalk6
Westbrook

Acronym.

That bag looks amazing !!!  Really nice work....

Curious to know if anyone here has seen this type of discoloration on the inside of a gore tex jacket?  What causes it?  Can it be cleaned?  You may have seen it posted on Grailed..it's the GT-J4L. 

Apologies in advance if this has already been answered....

I4bJJdT.jpg

The mesh part is to slide over the handle of a carry-on case. Standard air traveller utility.

No it's not. The mesh part is fixed. It's for ventilation only.

Great job, danii!

No it's not. The mesh part is fixed. It's for ventilation only.

Great job, danii!

What exactly is it for? Always assumed ventilation purposes.

What exactly is it for? Always assumed ventilation purposes.

It doesn't really work as ventilation. There's no padding behind it to actually allow airflow.

Curious to know if anyone here has seen this type of discoloration on the inside of a gore tex jacket?  What causes it?  Can it be cleaned?  You may have seen it posted on Grailed..it's the GT-J4L. 

looks like someone spilled something on it. generally gtx washes really well but if it's oil based it might not come out.

I'm pretty sure that stool washes out easier than whatever was spilled on that coat.

IMO I wouldn't worry about those markings, but it's overpriced at 600 US. Maybe 350-400 with the amount of wear and honestly, the blandness of that particular shell.

Anyone pull the trigger on the 3A-6TS-COR yet?

I just got mine last week, finally got to use it this weekend. I'm very pleased with it so far. Ordered a bunch of additional compartments from Bagjack to trick it out. Happy to answer any questions about it.

So whatever happened to the Laminat L2 accessories?

They sold the 3A-3TS and 3A-5TS with pictures of the 3A-MP1 and 3A-MK1 but I don't ever remember seeing those go on sale.

c3eb04374b_w710.jpg

Seriously, what's with the skull neck gaiters? I see it all the time on those badass kids on Instagram.

Are you guys wearing that tacticool operator gear ironically or is it something else?

Edited by Brainboy

my skull face cover: all depends on the operation time, but wearing it with a hello kitty zipper pull kinda gives away the answer.

even the guys i know who literally drop from helicopters in the night don't wear those silly things.

Seriously, what's with the skull neck gaiters? I see it all the time on those badass kids on Instagram.

Are you guys wearing that tacticool operator gear ironically or is it something else?

"War is delightful for those who have never experienced it." - Kurt Cobain

as a veteran, those masks are frivolous and portray the aesthetic of 'cool' during a time of death/loss.

not something i would want to personally associate myself with.

anyways, has acronym ever created a mainline sweatpant?

There was in ACR-FW-1112 but I've forgotten what it was called.

as a veteran, those masks are frivolous and portray the aesthetic of 'cool' during a time of death/loss.

not something i would want to personally associate myself with.

it is cool.. it's a brand called cav empt. read up on it... sometimes it works really well with acronym styling. that's all.

mall ninja war fetish.

Been digging in the clue "A" ,for advanced version.

As far as i kown, some impressive items:

J1A-S,LP and GT. always minor improvement and variations in there different versions,except for materials differences.

GT-J5A: from the description that the original version might not have the moveable part.

E-P1A:many details,however it seems that not been carried on.

GT-J29A:obviously a dope a version item, enough said.

GT-J47A: new approach of advanced in recentlly,

items i like to be reissued in A version:

GT-J16   

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

LTL–FTP

Having a question regarding upward facing, (seemingly) open external pockets on some of the jackets.

Even if they are zippered, they seem to be built/attached in a way that would suggest, that if you were to be exposed to rain for some time, waterpackets would/could build up there.

Example A: J47A-GT > on the right side pockets

Example B: GT-J5A > the lower pockets on both sides. Are those even zippered?

Example C: J34-GT(PL) > those angled, velcro closed upper pockets. When it really rains, does water stay outside? Since its not zippered and angled... (Also, are the lower pockets on that jacket zippered?

Same generally for the upper arm flap pockets.

I'd appreciate it if any of you with actual wear experience in serious rain would care to enlighten me.

Thanks.

[These assumptions of mine are pure guesswork, trying to make sense of various images/descriptions of mentioned products.

Possible I wasn't careful enough looking, but I could not find explicit info in those instances.]

LTL–FTP

Having a question regarding upward facing, (seemingly) open external pockets on some of the jackets.

Even if they are zippered, they seem to be built/attached in a way that would suggest, that if you were to be exposed to rain for some time, waterpackets would/could build up there.

Example A: J47A-GT > on the right side pockets

Example B: GT-J5A > the lower pockets on both sides. Are those even zippered?

Example C: J34-GT(PL) > those angled, velcro closed upper pockets. When it really rains, does water stay outside? Since its not zippered and angled... (Also, are the lower pockets on that jacket zippered?

Same generally for the upper arm flap pockets.

I'd appreciate it if any of you with actual wear experience in serious rain would care to enlighten me.

Thanks.

[These assumptions of mine are pure guesswork, trying to make sense of various images/descriptions of mentioned products.

Possible I wasn't careful enough looking, but I could not find explicit info in those instances.]

will help here since i own each of these jackets and have worn them in heavy rain:

1. J47A-GT: I usually keep my phone in one of the right side pockets. Have worn this in pretty intense rain a few times and never had a problem (unless i'm trying to change songs on the phone without ample protection – e.g., indoors). I'm not wearing the jacket right now but iirc the zipper is not orthogonal to rainfall (assuming rain falls completely vertically). The zippers, I believe, are somewhat slanted such that in order to creep into pocket you'd have to kinda fold the excess fabric at the top of the pockets awkwardly. Ultimately – I haven't had a problem with water getting into these pockets. Even better, though, would be to use the dual pocket on the left side, as it's really protected.

2. GT-J5A: Lower pockets are not zippered – not recommended to store anything water-damageable. The expansion pocket, though, has a velcro pocket with a storm flap. I use that or the large waterproof-zipped pockets for my phone.

3. J34-GT(PL): The chest pockets are slanted with flaps, making it pretty unlikely that water gets in there significantly enough to destroy something. I often keep my phone in one of the chest pockets during rainfall. In the event of torrential rain, though, I'll use the left side thigh pocket to store precious cargo (and put gloves in the chest pockets). I'd say the chest pockets are generally sufficient. The jacket being long and roomy also helps – I can store things in pants pockets if necessary.

I wear the J34 & J47A often and haven't had a problem with water leakage for either, but I live in CA and maybe don't see the worst of rain storms Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I feel like each jacket has at least one sufficiently protected storage option, though, so  it's never been a problem for me.