Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

35 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

Could you broaden your answer mate? Was lucky enough to see that beautiful WW2 fabric in Soas recently (albeit with cut off red tags) so am curious to know is the new thread sewing thread or is it the warp/weft aspect?

Aye sorry Doc - sewing threads are different colours … still non-factory standard though (probably Gütermann)

1947.  wider than long. 2 months in. These seem to fade a lot faster than the 601RB I had before. At least initially. 

IMG_9931.jpeg

I need advice on the Freewheelers 601 XX 1947. Could you tell me how it sizes? I wear W33 in Resolute, Warehouse and W32 in Denime (by WH). This 1947 601 seems to be generating a lot of interest. I'll be curious to try it. I saw that there was also an L30, is it a real length 40? Does anyone have any measurements or advice on these jeans? Thank you in advance for your help.

1 minute ago, CharlieMike said:

I need advice on the Freewheelers 601 XX 1947. Could you tell me how it sizes? I wear W33 in Resolute, Warehouse and W32 in Denime (by WH). This 1947 601 seems to be generating a lot of interest. I'll be curious to try it. I saw that there was also an L30, is it a real length 40? Does anyone have any measurements or advice on these jeans? Thank you in advance for your help.

My waist is 91 cm and I wear size 36 comfortably. 

21 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

If you wear a 33 from Warehouse, you’ll likely be comfortable in either a 32 or a 33 from Freewheelers.

Thank you so much. Did you notice any additional shrinkage between the new one wash jeans and the first time you washed them?

Not the same pair, but my 601xx 1951 - which is the same denim - has not noticeably shrunken after washes other than the waist which stretches out. It’s a bit of a looser weave than some other denims. I tend to be a 30 and my FW are on the slightly more generous side of the 30’s I own. 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine
Relevance

IMG_2915.thumb.jpeg.988c109b4a39a3cdc1e1c618102b6d54.jpegIMG_2916.thumb.jpeg.56619766922e479daaf4cbee1340164d.jpegs601xx some hand sashiko repairs. 
more repairs needed. 
kind of reaching. The everything coming apart phase. 

8 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

IMG_2915.thumb.jpeg.988c109b4a39a3cdc1e1c618102b6d54.jpegIMG_2916.thumb.jpeg.56619766922e479daaf4cbee1340164d.jpegs601xx some hand sashiko repairs. 
more repairs needed. 
kind of reaching. The everything coming apart phase. 

Not considering getting them repaired professionally? 

@vlad_III possibly. Just need to find a good shop to do it. The last place I used charged me the price of a new pair of jeans for some repairs. Not worth spending that much on repairs. Hahaha 

37 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

@vlad_III possibly. Just need to find a good shop to do it. The last place I used charged me the price of a new pair of jeans for some repairs. Not worth spending that much on repairs. Hahaha 

YM Factory in Japan is cheaper than most others and quite good. Plus the weak yen too. 

shred i'm in seattle n would be happy to repair your jeans if you'd like! i don't have an industrial darning machine but have gotten pretty good results with my 40s singer. let me know!

Left S601XX

Right 601XX 1947

Top: FW pocket tee. Size XXL adjust shape from square to human again.

The guy hemming my 47s made a mistake and cut two inches off instead of 2cm. Tried to save them by going for a really thin cuff. Should’ve just worn them uncuffed in hindsight. I feel they’re just a bit too short. Great cut. Will get again in future. 

IMG_9964.jpeg

IMG_9966.jpeg

45 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

IMO the length looks good but as always: it's all subjective

Interesting. My wife also says the length is fine. Maybe I’m just not used to the wide cut. Feels so ankle-free. 

@vlad_III the length on the 47s looks good and imo better that way to complement a slightly wider hem... looks like you're wearing them low (?) but looks like there's still enough length even if you were to hike 'em up

5 hours ago, MJF9 said:

@vlad_III the length on the 47s looks good and imo better that way to complement a slightly wider hem... looks like you're wearing them low (?) but looks like there's still enough length even if you were to hike 'em up

Thanks. Yes, slightly low but really not that much. I just have really short legs for my height. 6’2” and a 30” inseam. 

• 2 weeks later...

opposite problem with my 1951 jacket.  This jacket came “one wash” and sleeves are still slightly too long. 
Factory washed already has all shrinkage taken out, right? No way to wash hot and get a bit more shrinkage out?

You’ll lose another half inch over the first few washes (maybe more if you put it through the dryer, but I can’t say for sure from experience). Yeah, though, their factory wash is one of the more thorough ones.