The Flat Head

LFC4ever

^U serious? Move on man... and really what you're asking for is time-consuming and pointless, not to mention illegal to sell in the US.

its not pointless some people love those arcs. i wouldnt mind getting a pair and having the arcs sewn on... and its illegal for selfedge to sell them in states as they were.

get your facts right b. and also peep the fullcount contest they are all doing illegal business and its coming out great.

but keep in mind, it is illegal!

you could do serious time for this - grow up and be a man!

... and what about your wife and kids, huh?!

hahahahahahaha that reply created the most hilarious court room trial scene in my mind. i'd love to see the sentencing where someone is to "do serious time" for modifying the stitching on a piece of their clothing.

A friend of mine just purchased a pair of 1001s and after the soak he let me try them on and I like how they fit allot. I dont really want to copy him and get the same exact pair of denim. So my question to you guys is, what other jeans out there have the same or similar fit/cut as the flathead 1001s?

all doing illegal business and its coming out great.

Nothing illegal about putting an arc/tab on your own jeans. Any more than a kid ironing a Nike Swoosh on his own shirt. It's only illegal if you're selling/distributing it.

I'll put a Lexus logo on my Corolla, draw three stripes on my no-name sneakers...

Two things that I was wondering about though...

1) It's been said before that providing a tab at all would be infringing on the Levi's copyright (which I never did buy... it's still just a little piece of fabric provided separately, even if you know what it's going to be used for)

2) providing a template for the old arcs might infringe too... but frankly, I don't see Gordon giving the go-ahead to either of these things if they could bite him in the ass.

Two things that I was wondering about though...

1) It's been said before that providing a tab at all would be infringing on the Levi's copyright (which I never did buy... it's still just a little piece of fabric provided separately, even if you know what it's going to be used for)

2) providing a template for the old arcs might infringe too... but frankly, I don't see Gordon giving the go-ahead to either of these things if they could bite him in the ass.

3) Can you afford the lawyers to defend against a lawsuit in the event Levi's decides to pursue legal action?

4) No.

anything besides the f310 and f380 with poly/cotton stitching?

SEXFH05

SE05BSP

im aware of the lawsuit, the whole reason why japanese denim that is imported into the united states doesnt have tabs and some dont have arcs

what my question is, what is the difference between the flat heads that are sold from 2nd or any other japanese website compared to a pair i can pick up from self edge?

from what i can see there is no difference, the arcs are the same and neither have a red tab

now i know 2nd still carrys a few old styles with the old arcs and red tab, but im interested in knowing mainly the difference between a pair of 1001's from 2nd and from self edge

Well buying from self edge promotes a small business in a struggling US economy and thus makes a contribution toward a better tomorrow. as for 2nd... it'll need a proxy, and that takes too long. Self edge all the way! :D

sweet, bsp it is then. restock next week correct?

Yeah, and in a couple of sizes it may be the last restock unless Flat Head decides to produce another run of these.

Nice ^ They''re great jeans, here are my 1001's....

5 months, 1 pre-soak, debating whether to wash or soak them this weekend. I biked an average of 8 miles a day. I was going to start a new pair after a year because of all the great stuff out there, but I'll probably stick with these for another year or more.

Actual color between this:

IMG_6172.jpg

and this:

IMG_6179.jpg

Here is the denim below the knee. It's still pretty dark and a little hairy

IMG_6182.jpg

Here is the denim on the thigh, which is significantly lighter

IMG_6183.jpg

IMG_6185.jpg

Hopefully you can see the continuum from dark to light here, in person it's much more pronounced.

IMG_6187.jpg

Back:

IMG_6193.jpg

Close up

IMG_6201.jpg

Uh oh

IMG_6197.jpg

IMG_6206.jpg

Well buying from self edge promotes a small business in a struggling US economy and thus makes a contribution toward a better tomorrow. as for 2nd... it'll need a proxy, and that takes too long. Self edge all the way! :D

Haha this reasoning would work if Self Edge wasn't importing all the jeans from Japan anyway :D

The wholesale value of the pair of jeans you buy is still going to Japan, the marked up profit, however, will stay domestic.

Haha this reasoning would work if Self Edge wasn't importing all the jeans from Japan anyway :D

The wholesale value of the pair of jeans you buy is still going to Japan, the marked up profit, however, will stay domestic.

hahaha, yeah, i know. working in a store where we buy things at wholesale and sell them at retail or MSRP made me understand this all too well. hahahaha. But hey, just trying to help support Kiya and his Local business over on the other side of the bridge.

@cure- dope dope dope jeans man.