The Flat Head

LFC4ever

here's a ghetto scan out of the flat head yearbook

2z71rir.jpg

i was wondering about the black mint series...

is it just the same Flat Head developed Fabric?

or are all of these shirts made with the same screened pattern like the first black mint shirt?

this picture from bears is making me think it's just the type of fabric

fnw65w-botan.jpg

i just thought it'd be cool to have a flannel shirt where the whole pattern faded like the pink grid one

That one Black Mint shirt we have where the fabric "fades" is a one of a kind thing, the rest of the Black Mint series don't do that.

Wrong. 80% of Self Edge's profits go directly into Benders.

hahahaha, i always see on the selfedge twitter that You guys and even Doc Pop go to Benders a few times a week. haha. I believe the above mentioned. hahahaha

hey all,

i'm thinking of getting a pair of the FH 1001's, can anyone tell me if these jeans are really hot to wear in warm weather? (16oz denim + tight weave)

i have a pair of 21oz IH's and the weave is so loose that they aren't too bad in the heat.

thanks!

Well "hot" is subjective, but yea they're warm. I rode my bike in 95+ weather with them on. You don't really feel it until you stop though. Then the only thing you want to do is get them off. Direct exposure to the sun will also warm you up very quick.

Then again, any jean is going to be hot in hot weather. But in comparison to my cheap-o 501 stf's the 1001's are warmer. The 1001's are also a slimmer cut leaving less room for your legs to breathe so that may also be a reason. And yet another reason is that the 1001's were much darker so they absorbed more heat. And comparing them to IH... I can't help you there.

Is any else finding there Flathead Herringbone button up cut a bit strange? I have mine in a size 42 and its just so slim down below! I guess I need a 44, but the chest would be quite large.

Damn, look for mine in the Supermarket sooner or later. :(

I got a pair of hot soaked 34 F380s. They are kind of tight around the thighs. How much stretching should I expect from these?

they stretch a bunch.. the thigh stretched at least an inch, and the waist, about 1-1.5 inches

nice jeans...

try photographing them in the shade or when its overcast, direct sunlight like that tends to blow out the highlights

dang dude... you ruined the pics... jk , they look good klutz :D

nice jeans...

try photographing them in the shade or when its overcast, direct sunlight like that tends to blow out the highlights

yea thanks man i think u told me this when i posted them in the other thread lol but when i update i deff will...:)

just got my bsps back from repairs again. hadn't seen them for four days and when i picked them up i was really surprised by the contrast of the combs. i've been thinking of putting off the wash at 6 months to build up more whiskering though.

need some sizing help on the BSP. i am a true waist 32" and my f3001 is also 32, which looks like this:

picture088sz8.jpg

i have a 33'BSP brand new and unsoaked in my closet but i am afraid that it will be kinda tight in the thighs after soaking. can anyone judge if its ok from the pics? i can post some pre-soak pics later. thanks

need some sizing help on the BSP. i am a true waist 32" and my f3001 is also 32, which looks like this:

picture088sz8.jpg

i have a 33'BSP brand new and unsoaked in my closet but i am afraid that it will be kinda tight in the thighs after soaking. can anyone judge if its ok from the pics? i can post some pre-soak pics later. thanks

I would say do a cold soak for about 30-45 minutes to play it safe. Other than that don't worry, they'll stretch out comfortably sooner than you think.

I would say do a cold soak for about 30-45 minutes to play it safe. Other than that don't worry, they'll stretch out comfortably sooner than you think.
^i agree, cold soak and let it dry for a while. Put them on when they're damp to check, and if you think they need to be looser just wear them till they dry.

yea thanks guys was thinking that. but then this is something i have been thinking about for a while. u control the amount of shrinking of unsanforized denim with the temperature of the water. cold = less shrinking, hot = more. but then this is whats on my mind. if you cold soak it, you dont get rid of all the shrinking and when it comes to the first wash, it will really shrink and probably be real tight. and like some guys on this forum, the jeans become too small to wear. so a cold soak only makes it wearable from the start till the 1st wash. so basically shouldnt it be always hot soak at the start? so that there size is finalised? or does the initial soak dictate the final size? sorry maybe the wrong question for the wrong thread.

not exactly. A hot soak will get rid of all the POSSIBLE shrinkage. I cold soaked mine first, then hot soaked a week later and there was little difference. Of course a hot will shrink them up more but shit will stretch out. People sometimes hot soak initially so they can just get all the shrinkage out the way. Either way, they will stretch indeed to your liking. I wish I sized down in my bsp's.