The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Hello,

I am new to Japanese and Raw denim. I'm trying to find a good fit. These are some fit pics of an FH 3009 - which I believe was based on a '66 cut. Could you tell me if this fit looks about right pre-soak? Is there a better fit I should try? Would a little higher rise eliminate some of the bagginess in the backside? I also tried out a Samurai s710BK II if anyone is curious about those fit pics ... in the Samurai thread.

6 foot tall, 205lbs, size 36 Jeans.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

100_3767.JPG

100_3766.JPG

100_3764.JPG

Edited by marti-mar

They're pretty tight around the waist indeed. It'll suck for a while, but if the soak alleviates some of the bagginess, I can endure it. They're really beautiful jeans.

The soak will definitely alleviate the bagginess.

But are you concerned with your wedgie (which is unlikely to improve after the soak - from personal experience)?

Unfortunately not ... a wash may actually worsen it as the seams shrink and affect the back-rise and yoke.

I notice the wedgie to be slightly less prominent with your Sams ... less pulling in the area.

Edited by Kwaker

<p>

Wow, I didn't even notice the wedgie. Hmm, so a wash doesn't help with that?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if you like the 3009 and the waist/lower rise is tight then you might consider going up 1-2 sizes. After a hot soak the waist can shrink over 2'. The thighs, which also looked like they'd fit too tight after soak, will also tighten up (to lesser degree). Keeping that in mind, from what I've read the 3005's thighs measure tighter then the 3009. Which IMO is perplexing for a cut that's supposed to be roomer then the 3009.Another word of advice for any prospective 3009 purchasers is to consider preemptive reenforcement of the back pockets. At least that's what I'm having done since after a second soak the left one came loose. Before and after pictures will be posted in a week or so when they get back from being repaired.

Edited by 3ns�

^ This, from experience the 3009 has a small top block, and a slight taper mid-thigh, they shrink 2" in the waist so size up by that much. Didn't rate the cut on me at all; small top block, narrow thigh, looser below the knee.. flogged 'em.

^ This, from experience the 3009 has a small top block, and a slight taper mid-thigh, they shrink 2" in the waist so size up by that much. Didn't rate the cut on me at all; small top block, narrow thigh, looser below the knee.. flogged 'em.

<p>

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if you like the 3009 and the waist/lower rise is tight then you might consider going up 1-2 sizes. After a hot soak the waist can shrink over 2'. The thighs, which also looked like they'd fit too tight after soak, will also tighten up (to lesser degree). Keeping that in mind, from what I've read the 3005's thighs measure tighter then the 3009. Which IMO is perplexing for a cut that's supposed to be roomer then the 3009.Another word of advice for any prospective 3009 purchasers is to consider preemptive reenforcement of the back pockets. At least that's what I'm having done since after a second soak the left one came loose. Before and after pictures will be posted in a week or so when they get back from being repaired.

So sizing up two would be the right thing to do? Because I'm a true 31 and I bought a 33 for the larger waist/thighs...but with a few other pairs of sz33 denim I have I HATE how the 33 didnt fit as snug as I liked, I guess they didn't shrink as much as I wanted.

So these will shrink 2" in the waist? because that would be perfect.

Yup they'll shrink. After the first soak my 3009's shrunk 2" and after the second one, done with about a week of total wear, they shrunk further.

I don't know how much they'll end up stretching back out since this is my first pair. Hopefully it's not too extreme since not much pressure is being exerted by my waist.

So I just got my 3009s in and the way they fit pre-soak is absolutely perfect, except for the waist/seat and the inseam. I could live with a little shrinkage but, nothing more tha like 0.2" around.

How should I soak? Or will my pants inevitably shrink and become too tight in the legs?

Edited by PhillyFresh

Hello,

I am new to Japanese and Raw denim. I'm trying to find a good fit. These are some fit pics of an FH 3009 - which I believe was based on a '66 cut. Could you tell me if this fit looks about right pre-soak? Is there a better fit I should try? Would a little higher rise eliminate some of the bagginess in the backside? I also tried out a Samurai s710BK II if anyone is curious about those fit pics ... in the Samurai thread.

6 foot tall, 205lbs, size 36 Jeans.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

100_3767.JPG

100_3766.JPG

100_3764.JPG

must soak them...the threats need water....and for shrink control-put a piece of wood or others in the waist( button closed)

soak should eliminate some of the bagginess

must soak them...the threats need water....and for shrink control-put a piece of wood or others in the waist( button closed)

soak should eliminate some of the bagginess

I'll be doing that in the near future. I'm going to work on my Samurai's for a couple of weeks to break them in and then see how the 3009's work out.

Hey guys. Thinking about picking up a pair of bsp and needed some help on sizin. I am a little worried about the thighs. I wear a sz 31 for IH 301s with the thigh slightly loose and a sz 31 nudie thin Finns with thighs perfect. What sz should I get for the BSP? Also, do they fit more like IH 301 or thinn fins?

i have IH-301 in a 30 & bsp's in 31. the bsp's really took some stretching out after soaking to get them wearable. my experience with bsp's is that they are a little undersized so you're better of buying tts. the bsp's on the whole have a tighter thigh, but a slightly larger hem, but that'll be affected by your overall build & height.

whatever your IH-301s actually measure in the waist (for example 32"), buy the corresponding tag size in the bsp (a 32).