The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Received my 1001's from SE today. I went TTS (32) as recommended on here... not sure how I feel about the fit:

1.JPG2.JPG

As you can see the top block is very roomy. The waist is comfortable but there is tons of room in the thighs, contrary to what the SE size chart suggests. They're a little tight at the knees, but I'm not too concerned about that.

I want these to be fairly fitted through the thigh but I'm concerned whether a hot soak (+ hot dry?) will be enough to get the fit I'm going for. Right now I'd need to shrink 0.5" off the thighs... I'd definitely feel safer starting with 31s and doing a cold/warm soak.

This is my first pair of Flat Heads so I'm not sure how much shrinkage I'll get, although ~1" in the waist seems to be the norm (a little less for the thighs)...

Any advice on whether I should stay TTS or size down?

Received my 1001's from SE today. I went TTS (32) as recommended on here... not sure how I feel about the fit:

1.JPG2.JPG

As you can see the top block is very roomy. The waist is comfortable but there is tons of room in the thighs, contrary to what the SE size chart suggests. They're a little tight at the knees, but I'm not too concerned about that.

I want these to be fairly fitted through the thigh but I'm concerned whether a hot soak (+ hot dry?) will be enough to get the fit I'm going for. Right now I'd need to shrink 0.5" off the thighs... I'd definitely feel safer starting with 31s and doing a cold/warm soak.

This is my first pair of Flat Heads so I'm not sure how much shrinkage I'll get, although ~1" in the waist seems to be the norm (a little less for the thighs)...

what is your height and weight? Let us know what you decide to do and plz post some after pics if you soak em!

1.JPG2.JPG

are you chris' friend?

a hot soak will shrink it quite a bit, so the waist might be compromised and uncomfortable, but the rest of it should fit a lot better.

1.JPG2.JPG

If you're not sure how you feel...you don't like it.

what is your height and weight? Let us know what you decide to do and plz post some after pics if you soak em!

5'9", 165lbs, 32" waist, 22" thighs, 29" inseam

are you chris' friend?
Probably not the same Chris.

they do shrink a fair bit!

check here for comparison:

http://ringxring.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=289

Do your 1001's still fit like this, or have they stretched out?

I think that they look nice PeterParker.

After a soak, I think that they will look even better.

They don't have to be super skinny in my opinion.

Thanks. The reason why I want a slim fit is because I have short legs, but I agree that super skinny isn't necessary.

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll hang on to these.

Will a hot soak (2hr?) be enough, or should I go hot soak + hot dry?

I'm not ready to wear them just yet. I'm still working on a couple of pairs at the moment, but picked these up when SE had the SuFu sale. I want to soak them now, but I know that if they end up fitting well I will want to wear them immediately...

xpost

Flathead F380

3 soak, 3 wash

worn 3-4 days out of the week

Those are some nice lookin jeans. I think with some more time you could end up with some classic looking fades. What are your stats as far as height/weight? Do you think you could post some fit pics?

Do your 1001's still fit like this, or have they stretched out?

stretched 1" in the waist within a few days, but is still slim as hell, compared to all my other jawns.

note, that I shrank them while I had them on. otherwise they might have turned out too small for me!

turntabloid, how would you compare the FH 1001's to the Skull 5010XX?

well, to cut a long story short: the 1001 is a real slim jeans, while the 5010 is not! at least for me ... - if you want the perfect heavy weight slim, go for the 1001. if you 'just' want the perfect jeans (imo), in which you will always feel comfortable, go for the 5010xx :-)

I already have the 1001, i was thinking of picking up a pair of 5010XX. wanted to know how they compare to the 1001. im really just looking for a pair of jeans with the same type of charecteristics as the FH 1001's mid-low rise and slim fit

you will have more space in the respective size, so you might need to size down for a real slim fit. 5010XX has become a 'must have' for me, and I will even get a second one shortly. you will never regret buying, no matter if 1001-ish or not!

i'm still not convinced that these are the right size, even less so now after doing some SuFu stalking.

Turns out that several of the people that bought the 1001's true to size and liked the fit initially ended up selling them because they stretched out to fit really loosely (like presoak). I couldn't find a record of anyone sizing down on these, but the majority of people who went TTS have been disappointed with the fit after stretching.

i'm still not convinced that these are the right size, even less so now after doing some SuFu stalking.

Turns out that several of the people that bought the 1001's true to size and liked the fit initially ended up selling them because they stretched out to fit really loosely (like presoak). I couldn't find a record of anyone sizing down on these, but the majority of people who went TTS have been disappointed with the fit after stretching.

I went TTS and I"m happy with the fit. I hope I did not mislead you by saying my jeans stretched in the thigh area when I biked. They did stretch a little, but so did the rest of my jeans. They were skin-tight/painful to move in after my hot soak, but now I think they're perfect. I'll try to get some fit pics posted later.

Here you go, 1001 size 31

I don't have any post soak, but they were skin tight

Here they are after 5.5 months

Thanks. That's good to know that you like the fit, but I'm going for something more fitted, like operationjake here.

2m789id.jpg

However, according to him, he went TTS and now they've stretched out a lot:

call me crazy sidney, but i'm just gonna go true to size because my 1001's were true to size and they're huuuuuuge on me now. (looks like the model picture of the 380's on selfedge.com...
quite some room for a skin tight fit after soak!

That's exactly what I'm thinking. From the front the top block is pretty loose, and from the back the fit looks the same as pre-soak. My pre-soak fit isn't too far off from thatslapz, and I definitely want them to be more fitted than that after 6 months...

Crosspost from Evo thread.

Flat Head BSP size 30 hemmed to 36.5 before soak, inseam is around 35 now... 111 Days of wear, no soak/no wash since initial hot soaks. Images were pretty accurate of color until I uploaded to photobucket and viewed in Firefox... but you get the idea.

EDIT: newer pics with better accuracy.

BSPDay111newedit-3.jpg

BSPDay111newedit-1.jpg

BSPDay111newedit-2.jpg

Can anyone suggest a size in the BSP if i normally wear a 34" diesel jeans and im 5ft10 so any ideas what they should be hemmed too? id like a bit of stacking but not too much.

Cheers

That's too vague. My advice would be to measure your waist and thighs first. Then, if you want as slim a fit as possible (and your thighs can handle it), go with your true waist size. If you want a bit more room, size up one from that. In terms of your hem...I'm 5'10" as well and I got mine hemmed to a 36.5. After a hot soak they came out to around 34.3 or something like that. That gave me a couple of stacks but nothing major. You can check my fit pics a couple of pages back. You can measure the inseam on a pair of pants you own now and try and gauge it from there.

Just know your measurements, figure out what kind of fit you want, take into account shrinking and stretching, and go from there. Hope that helped. Good luck.